Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question: Where are the item and weapon value tables?  (Read 884 times)

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question: Where are the item and weapon value tables?
« on: September 14, 2011, 10:16:07 am »

Sorry, I have another question: where are the values for armor and weapons?  I've ctrl-f through almost all of the cpp files from the source and I can't find any table showing some good ol' hard numbers.  I'd like to optimize my squad but there's only limited information on the wiki.

I suppose the tables must be in some other referenced file that isn't in the combat folder.  Still, the wiki has damage numbers for the firearms so someone clearly did some source diving.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Where are the item and weapon value tables?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 10:19:11 am »

Sorry, I have another question: where are the values for armor and weapons?  I've ctrl-f through almost all of the cpp files from the source and I can't find any table showing some good ol' hard numbers.  I'd like to optimize my squad but there's only limited information on the wiki.

I suppose the tables must be in some other referenced file that isn't in the combat folder.  Still, the wiki has damage numbers for the firearms so someone clearly did some source diving.

You can't find them because this information isn't in the source code.  You'll find xml files containing the data you want in the art directory.

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Where are the item and weapon value tables?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:38:05 am »

You can't find them because this information isn't in the source code.  You'll find xml files containing the data you want in the art directory.

Oh my science thank you I was tearing my hair out looking for the numbers.