Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Tuesday: The End: A New CEO.  (Read 60755 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 9am ish
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 05:07:03 am »

Monday: 9am

Daniel decides to take a bus for most of the way there, then walking the rest.

Daniel gets to the busstop just on time - you're in such a rush you've forgotten half the fare, but the bus is so empty the driver doesn't care when you try to explain [6+1]. He lets you on for free! You get off ten minutes walk from work, and walk the rest of the way in behind that hot research sub-assistant from the NEUTRON trial a few offices down from your's that said hi on your induction last week [6]. You can't look away but luckily she doesn't turn round once!

Morale Boosted! Extra cash for lunch!
Morale Boosted! Oh my word!
Failure Rating: 10.
Morale: 3.

Kathryn White carpools with her chatty, religious sister in their co-owed little sports car-her sister doesn't have to work till 10.... Remember to smile!

Kathryn's sister drives slower than a dead snail and gets really ratty with you when you remind her she'd promised to drive just a tiny bit quicker than normal today OH GOD WHY DID I LET YOU DRIVE JESUS I DON'T CARE IF IT'S YOUR TURN TODAY Kathryn, you know I don't like it when you take the good lord's name in vain she says softly as she slams on the brakes. It's your first goddamn day and you're going to be 15 minutes late and you've already had an argument with your sister. Let’s hope the boss doesn’t notice you walking in late [1].

Morale Drop! Sisterly argument!
Fail! Late already!

Failure Rating: 12.
Morale: -2.

Sato, having finished his breakfast and changed into his standard issue uniform, hopped onto his bike and started heading for work. He didn't have enough money yet to afford a car and he felt a bike was both better for the environment and travel; he could easily just pedal past everyone stuck in a traffic jam.

Sato eats up and gets changed into his smart beige uniform – you don’t have to leave straight away because you know you won’t get stuck in traffic. You get on your bike and leave – it puts a smile on your face when you glide past all the stationary cars with the wind in your hair [4].

Morale Boosted! Joy of the smug cyclist!

Morale: 2.

Toby takes a slow and comfortable walk, while musing over several scenarios of mischief that he is going to unleash upon his new workplace. On his way, he stops for a coffee on the go, just to sharpen his mental abilities

Toby gets walking with a distracted air [4]. You’re pretty busy hoping there’s going to be plenty of practical joke victims and thinking about what they’re going to be victims of. You pass a Coffeebucks and pop in, managing to order and drink a coffee without horrible mishap [5]! You get to work just on time.

Morale Boosted! Ahahahahohoho! This will be fun!
Success! Sharpened mental abilities!

Failure Rating: 9.
Morale: 1.

Frederick puts on the same shirt he always wears, squirts a little toothpaste on it to give it that fresh minty scent, and goes to catch the train.

Frederick squirts his shirt with toothpaste to freshen up [4] and then heads for the train [6]. You get to the station on time and sit next to a lovely young woman who compliments you on your aftershave. You get chatting and she gives you her number!

Morale Boosted! Commuter’s romance!

Morale: 3

Thrakor walks.  He lives in a cheap apartment not too far from the office, so why not?  It's a nice day.

Why not indeed? It is a nice day, and Thrakor dawdles just a little too much [2]. Damn, you’re going to be a little late for your first day in a new position! Your palm meets your face as you realise and start walking a little faster.

Morale Boosted! Nice walk!
Fail! Late already!

Failure Rating: 11.
Morale: 1.

Monday: 9am ish.
It's 9am - or later, in some of your cases, and you should really try better if you want us to keep you on you know, there's hundreds of kids out there would kill for a chance like this.

You've got about 5 minutes before the boss comes in to distribute a few tasks.

What do you do straight after getting into work?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 9am... ish
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 08:40:36 am »

Arriving at work on time, Sato chained his bike to the bike rack to prevent it from being stolen and went inside to get a coffee from the vending machine. He could do with a quick pep-up before he started.

Also, @Dwarmin: I don't believe I'm familiar with the 'space pants' line. I can imagine what it is but would you mind if I asked for clarification? :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 09:15:11 am »

Get some caffeine, then put up the best "I'm working hard" facade I can.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 10:42:19 am »

Daniel makes sure that his workplace is clean, and he tries to look smart.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tosca_cake92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 11:34:12 am »

Toby walks in, heading for his cubical. When he arrives, he will search his desk for objects that could be of use for him. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too obvious that he isn't working..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 01:27:19 pm »

Action: Kathryn decides to take the stairs-less likely to be spotted on the elevator, and a little jog should be invigorating!

Assuming she gets to work without out incident, she settles into a comfortably boring routine of typing 35,567 WPM-all that back work, jeez!

Also, @Dwarmin: I don't believe I'm familiar with the 'space pants' line. I can imagine what it is but would you mind if I asked for clarification? :3

If you insist!

Warning, the following link can be considered very impolite. :P

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=space%20pants
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:12:26 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 01:30:36 pm »

I put up large stacks of meaningless papers on my desk, to make it look like I have been busy.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 01:33:21 pm »

That's about what I thought... *writes down for future use*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 02:11:57 pm »

I was saving that one for myself!

Also, fixed my turn, i didn't see the progress report on the bottom of the post.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 02:41:28 pm »

Do you plan to use it for vengeance, though? Because I am, if you know what I'm talking about. >.>

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 9.23am
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 02:50:52 pm »

Monday: 9.23am

Arriving at work on time, Sato chained his bike to the bike rack to prevent it from being stolen and went inside to get a coffee from the vending machine. He could do with a quick pep-up before he started.

You chain your bike to the bike rack hard – even if your morale might not be, you know your bike will be there at the end of the day [6]. Just time for a quick coffee from the machine before the boss walks in, and surprisingly it comes out tasting pretty good. You even get to finish it all sitting down before he walks in and tells you what to get on with.

“Satoshi, I need you to go and clean up the dead pigeon outside the lab windows in Research Wing Blue,” starts the boss, “that’s the seventh dead goddamn pigeon in six weeks and I want this one cleaned up before the smell gets any more complaints. Get to it, off you go.”

Morale Boost! Safe bike!
Success! Decent enough coffee!
Morale Drop! Menial labour!

Task Assigned! Clean up dead pigeon!

Failure Rating: 9.

Get some caffeine, then put up the best "I'm working hard" facade I can.

You get some coffee from the machine Sato used ten minutes ago and only just manage to gulp down the watery crap before the boss stomps in [3]. You put on your best “hard work” face [6] – you look so damn motivated the boss immediately turns to you.

“Thrakor, good to see you looking so motivated, I’ve got a pretty good job for you this morning, you won’t even need to reset any passwords. A member of staff up in room Red Four Two 26 needs help installing a keyboard and we don’t have a level 2 support desker available to help, so I need you to get up there quick – they’ve got work to do.”

Ah man – Red Four Two’s up on the sixteenth floor and you walked past the lift this morning with an out of order sign on it. Damn. At least he didn’t comment on your lateness.

Morale Drop! The long walk!
Success! Impressive workface!

Task Assigned! Help install keyboard!

Morale: 0.

Daniel makes sure that his workplace is clean, and he tries to look smart.

Sitting down at your desk, you tidy your workplace for when the boss walks in [4], but the effect is pretty much spoilt by your scruffy appearance [2].

"Dammit Daniel," the boss growls, "This isn't a goddamn zoo. Go straight to the bathroom and straighten up your hair and tie, you look like you just got of bed. While you're in the bathroom the far end stall needs unblocking, it's disgusting and I can't get maintenance down there till lunchtime. Come on, get a move on please, go and ask the cleaner for a spare bucket or something."

Morale Drop! I'm not a toilet cleaner!

Fail! Shoulda checked your tie!

Task Assigned! Unblock toilet!

Toby walks in, heading for his cubical. When he arrives, he will search his desk for objects that could be of use for him. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too obvious that he isn't working..

You walk and head for your cubicle [5]. You look for something that might be good to use in some kind of practical joke, but only find a roll of sellotape and a stapler [3]. You're wondering what you could possibly do with them and staring off into space when the boss walks in - you don't look busy at all [1].

"Hey! Toby! You look like you're in need of some kind of work to do! Not going to get you paper-flipping just yet, although someone's gonna have to do it later - I need you to head down to room Blue Three 16, they need someone just for a quick research question and you look like you're free. Come on son, get going. There's a good lad."

Morale Boost! Not just a paper flipper!

Fail! Boss thinks you're lazy!

Task Assigned! Quick bit of research!

Failure Rating: 11
Morale: 3

Action: Kathryn decides to take the stairs-less likely to be spotted on the elevator, and a little jog should be invigorating!

Assuming she gets to work without out incident, she settles into a comfortably boring routine of typing 35,567 WPM-all that back work, jeez!

Getting to work about fifteen minutes late, you take the stairs up, avoiding a lengthy wait for the broken elevator dammit I fell for that one lift and taking an invigorating jog [4]. You head to your desk and are about to settle down to some hard typing when the boss comes over and tells you to head right back down those eight flights of stairs [1].

"Hey, Kathryn, sweetypants - did you see the lift was broken when you came in? Well, you were the last one in so you drew the short straw. I need someone to fix it and I need it fixed now. I can't wait for two hours for maintenance to come over, we got Professor Leyton Crack coming over to visit this morning and I want everything to be perfect. Everything, you got me? Now get going, I wanna see that lift working by 11 sharp."

He gives you a look like he hates your ass, no, wait, like he hates everything about you except your ass. Man, this is already looking like one loooong day at work.

Morale Boost! Invigorating exercise!

Morale Drop! What the hell? The elevator lift?!?

Fail! Boss noticed you were late! Hard!

Task Assigned! Fix the elevator lift!

Failure Rating: 14.
Morale: -3.

I put up large stacks of meaningless papers on my desk, to make it look like I have been busy.

You get to your desk still thinking about that girl on the train and put up some massive stacks of paper all over your workstation [6]. You look so busy when the boss comes in that he just glances over approvingly and doesn't give you anything else to do.

Morale Boost! Nothing to do!

Success! Boss knows you work HARD!

Task Assigned! Er, wait, you're pretty damn busy with those stacks of paper...

Failure Rating: 8.
Morale: 4.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 02:59:51 pm »

Ahh, keyboards.  The most efficient method of text input!

Go help install that keyboard!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 03:01:10 pm »

"Yes sir," Satoshi said, tossing the paper cup in the trash. Although he didn't really relish the idea of touching dead animals, a paycheck was a paycheck. He did, briefly, wonder why there were so many dead pigeons around that area of the office. His fellow jani...er, Cleanliness Resource, Nelson, had cleaned up two last week, or so he had heard.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 03:17:11 pm »

Lift repair? What? She had gone to college to be an acrobat!

Kathryn sheds a single bitter tear onto the heartless black linoleum, then picks her chin up. She does her chant...

~Serenity Now...Serenity now~

She figures the best person to see might be the janitor...er, Masumara...Matuhmaura...whatever. He liked to be called "Satoshi", she knew, but he was also likely to ignore you burning to death a few feet away from him if he was busy...

Action: Approach the Janitor Satoshi and ask him for help. Maybe ask if I can do one of his jobs while he fools around with the elevator. Pour on the charm!

Tosca_cake92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 03:18:32 pm »

Sucking it up to the boss? Sweet!

Making a mental note about Boss as a target of his misdeeds, Toby takes the sellotape with him and heads down to Blue Three 16. When there, he checks out the room for objects of interest in his quest, hopefully finding the guy running the place
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27