Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Tuesday: The End: A New CEO.  (Read 60736 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 9.23am
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 03:20:47 pm »

If Dwarmin succeeds I'll fix the lift for Kathryn... or try to, anyway. :3 Just saying I'm cool with his action interrupting mine if it works.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2011, 03:31:42 pm »

"Um, right away sir.." Daniel goes and cleans himself up, until he decides that he is looking as good as he can get. He decides to get some solvent, to use on the toilets.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 03:44:29 pm »

Play Solitare.  Should boss notice, invoke chaotic technobabble to explain how I fixed some major problem and this is a test to make sure the computer's working.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 03:46:50 pm »

I'll try and get a turn done now.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 9.44am
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 04:33:46 pm »

Monday: 9.44 am

Ahh, keyboards.  The most efficient method of text input!

Go help install that keyboard!

You walk up the 16 flights of stairs up to room Red Four Two 26 without having some kind of cardiac problem [3] and knock on the door [1]. There's no answer! What the hell? You knock again and again and wait for around 10 minutes - perhaps the person needing the keyboard installed couldn't carry on with their work so went to look for a coffee. But no - no one turns up.

All of a sudden a security guard appears round the corner at the end of the corridor. He sees you and starts walking authoritatively towards you.

"Hey, I don't know you," he begins. "What you doing round here? You the man making all this damn noise I got a complaint about?"

Morale Drop! Endless stairs!
Fail! Shouldn't you have got that done by now?
Task Assigned! Help install keyboard!

Failure Rating: 11.
Morale: -1.

"Yes sir," Satoshi said, tossing the paper cup in the trash. Although he didn't really relish the idea of touching dead animals, a paycheck was a paycheck. He did, briefly, wonder why there were so many dead pigeons around that area of the office. His fellow jani...er, Cleanliness Resource, Nelson, had cleaned up two last week, or so he had heard.

You were just by the door to head outside to sort out this dead pigeon when some girl, you're not sure who she is, called out to you.

"Hey, Satoshi? Is that right? Hey, I need a really big favour. I've got to get this lift fixed and I have no clue what I'm doing with lifts. Can you help me out if I give you a hand for a while? Hey, are those space pants you're wearing?"

You didn't quite get what she meant but here you are now, scrambling about in a lift shaft trying to get the lift working again for some goddamn snooty Professor... Crack, or something like that [3]. You haven't quite got it fixed yet, but you figure you're most of the way there already.

Morale Boost! I think that was a compliment...
Fail! You're not picking up pigeon parts!

Task Assigned! Clean up dead pigeon!

Failure Rating: 10.
Morale: 3.

Lift repair? What? She had gone to college to be an acrobat! [GM note] Awesome. This gets closer to my real life with every turn.[/GM note]

Kathryn sheds a single bitter tear onto the heartless black linoleum, then picks her chin up. She does her chant...

~Serenity Now...Serenity now~

She figures the best person to see might be the janitor...er, Masumara...Matuhmaura...whatever. He liked to be called "Satoshi", she knew, but he was also likely to ignore you burning to death a few feet away from him if he was busy...

Action: Approach the Janitor Satoshi and ask him for help. Maybe ask if I can do one of his jobs while he fools around with the elevator. Pour on the charm!

Fixing a lift? What the hell? You're a trained acrobat-typist - you don't need this er... stuff! But maybe fixing the lift would have been better than standing out here in full view of two hundred office windows picking up bits of dead pigeon [6]. At least you had the sense to find some gloves. You're halfway through picking it up and scrubbing away the stains when the pest control team leader comes out.

"Hey, sweetcheeks. You're pretty damn awesome at that, perhaps you fancy a bit of a change of job? Eh? I'm sure I've got something you could pick up, if you know what I mean! No, really, give me a ring on extension 52333 around lunchtime. Whoa, hey, are those space pants?"

Morale Drop! Degrading labour in front of hundreds!
Fail! You're picking up pigeon parts! That won't fix the lift!

Task Assigned! Fix the elevator lift!

Failure Rating: 15.
Morale: -5.

Making a mental note about Boss as a target of his misdeeds, Toby takes the sellotape with him and heads down to Blue Three 16. When there, he checks out the room for objects of interest in his quest, hopefully finding the guy running the place

You get down to Blue Three 16 and knock on the door. As it's opened for you, a few people who can only be test subjects walk out. Man, they look ill. A middle aged woman in a labcoat beckons you in.

"Ah, hi. You must be the guy they sent down from Green Four 24 for the quick research test. Come and sit down. Now, it's just a quick nasal reaction test - you've just got to take a sniff from these 6 test tubes, and after each one answer these 8 or 9 questions. It's pretty simple", she finishes, as she leads you to a sofa and hands you the test tubes and a clipboard.

You make yourself comfortable and look around the sparse white room. There's not much in it really, but across from you there's a stark black and white sign: Flatulence Analysis Programme. Oh. Right.

Morale Drop! Ah man. I wish I was flipping paper.

Task Assigned! Quick bit of research!

Morale: 1.

"Um, right away sir.." Daniel goes and cleans himself up, until he decides that he is looking as good as he can get. He decides to get some solvent, to use on the toilets.

You get yourself looking kinda smart [2] and then go off to find a cleaner to get some kind of solvent to unblock the toilet. You find one, but perhaps you wish you hadn't [1].

"Ah, dude. Unblocking the toilet? Nah, we're not authorised to use the solvent on those babies down there. You gotta use your hands man. Make sure you clean up good afterwards, that's the only useful thing I can tell you boet..."

Morale Drop! My hands?!? Ah shiii... indeed.

Task Assigned! Unblock toilet!

Morale: 1.

Play Solitare.  Should boss notice, invoke chaotic technobabble to explain how I fixed some major problem and this is a test to make sure the computer's working.

You play Solitaire [4]. It passes the time, you relax a bit. No one seems to really pay much attention to you behind those stacks of paper, but you can feel that if everyone ignored you for too long you'd feel pretty bad about yourself. Solitaire just isn't that interesting after a while.

Morale Boost! Solitaire champion!

Success! Everyone knows you work HARD!

Task Assigned! Er, wait, you're pretty damn busy with those stacks of paper...

Failure Rating: 7.
Morale: 5.

Let's hope the boss doesn't come round and check up on anyone for his ten o'clock walk!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:40:59 pm by lawastooshort »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 04:43:12 pm »

Satoshi, forgetting entirely about the boss's 10 o'clock walk due to getting lost in his task, continued to work on the lift. He was sure he would have it repaired soon; it was just a case of a few wires chewed through by mice or rats or something. Nothing he couldn't fix!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 05:03:01 pm »

Daniel looks on with horror, as the task became apparent. He decides to get the fall-back plan. Go to another person. See if he can't get any cleaning supplies. If he can't then just... Do the task.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 06:27:42 pm »

Tell the man that, hypothetically, if I was to go out with him, he would really need to have to finish this job for me-guys who do my work for me are great! Allow him to do so, and leave.

Either way, once it's done I make to my desk and begin typing again. Calming, Calming typing. Try to get there by 10.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tosca_cake92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 06:37:00 pm »

Toby, clearly resenting this harmful task, decides to try persuade the researcher..
"Errr yeah...um.. we got.. new orders from the boss.. apperently the board has decided that, in order to maximize the productivity of the company, the employed has to shift tasks with eachother. Sooo... YOU will be the one testing and I'll be handling the formal details"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 06:41:24 pm »

Waitlist meeee

Name: Powder Woodcutter
Job Title: Weedkiller (Kills the weeds in the gardens)
Skill: Dabbling Woodcutter (+1 to cutting large plants)
Weakness: Clumsy (Exactly what it says on the tin.)
Bio: Powder Woodcutter was born into a weird family, with the ambition of being a woodcutter. Job interviews went bad, and now he slaves in the grass outside the building all day making it look good by killing weeds.
Morale: 0.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2011, 10:06:50 pm »

Time to cause some chaos...

Make my own screen saver, but don't use until the boss has finished his rounds.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 11:17:06 pm »

Could be going better.

Explain situation to guard, and ask his help locating the user.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 03:37:53 am »

Waitlist meeee

Waitlistified. At this rate someone's gonna get fired sacked by lunchtime.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 10.05am
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2011, 04:41:07 am »

Monday: 10.05am

Satoshi, forgetting entirely about the boss's 10 o'clock walk due to getting lost in his task, continued to work on the lift. He was sure he would have it repaired soon; it was just a case of a few wires chewed through by mice or rats or something. Nothing he couldn't fix!

You carry on fixing the lift [5+1] – it looks like it’s just a few wires been chewed through by rats or… pigeons? What the hell is a dead pigeon doing in the lift shaft? And another? You search around a bit in the dark – ah man, NOW you're picking up pigeon parts! With your bare hands [2]! There must be at least half a dozen dead pigeons down here!

Well, at least the lift’s working.

Morale Boost! Satisfying repair job…
Morale Drop! Totally ruined by touching pigeon guts!
Fail! You're not picking up the right pigeon parts!

Task Assigned! Clean up dead pigeon!

Morale: 3.

Daniel looks on with horror, as the task became apparent. He decides to get the fall-back plan. Go to another person. See if he can't get any cleaning supplies. If he can't then just... Do the task.

You think perhaps you can find another more easy going cleaner and wander off to the other Cleanliness Resource cupboard. A Cleanliness Resource Sub-Operator is there, having a cup of coffee – you manage to talk him into loaning you an industrial sized bottle of industrial strength UberClean: that should do the job.

You thank him and promise to get it back as soon as you’re done and just as you’re about to turn and leave the Cleanliness Resource Sub-Operator all but spits his coffee out all over your face. He grabs his mop as fast as he can and starts looking busy!

“Aw dude, the boss – you’d best make yourself scarce man.”

BOSSCHECK!

The boss walks up to you. His face looks pretty red.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing Daniel? I told you to clean the goddamn toilet out, not have another goddamn coffee break! My rounds are gonna take me past that bathroom in five minutes and I wanna see you elbow deep son! If that toilet’s still blocked when I get there I’m… I’m… Why the hell are you covered in coffee? Didn’t I tell you to make yourself presentable just now? I swear Daniel, I’m…”

He trails off in a righteous and hygienic fury and continues on his rounds.

BOSSCHECK FAIL

Morale Boost! Friendly Cleaner!
Fail! Coffee stains!
Fail! Boss’s righteous fury!
Morale Drop! Unfair tirade!

Task Assigned! Unblock toilet!

Failure Rating: 13.
Morale: -1.

Tell the man that, hypothetically, if I was to go out with him, he would really need to have to finish this job for me - guys who do my work for me are great! Allow him to do so, and leave.

Either way, once it's done I make to my desk and begin typing again. Calming, Calming typing. Try to get there by 10.

You suggest he helps you cleaning up all the bits of pigeon, he says sure, if he can have your number [3]. You give him a fake extension and tell him he can call you at lunch if he really wants [6] and he bags the pigeon parts and takes them away.

“Yeah,” he says, “I know just what to do with these badboys…” He walks off, smirking.

You get back to your desk and start typing hard [6+1]. You type so hard smoke and a burning smell start coming from your antiquated computer! Damn.

Morale Boost! Gave that loser a fake number!
Success! Task completed!

Task Complete! Fix the elevator lift!

Morale: -4

Sato: Task Complete! Clean up dead pigeon!
Sato: Failure Rating: 8.

Toby, clearly resenting this harmful task, decides to try persuade the researcher..
"Errr yeah...um.. we got.. new orders from the boss.. apperently the board has decided that, in order to maximize the productivity of the company, the employed has to shift tasks with each other. Sooo... YOU will be the one testing and I'll be handling the formal details"

“Ahahaha, good try son, erm, no. I’ve already smelt enough of this during the production and bottling phase. Anyway, we’ve got to get this done quick, I’ve got a seminar to give in ten minutes. Come on, sniff it up and then make your notes.” [3].

Sensing she means business, you sit down on the sofa and make yourself comfortable. Well, as comfortable as someone who’s just been re-graded as a fartsniffer could be. The researcher stands over you as you open the first bottle.

“Go on, take a good deep sniff. It’s 100% natural, we’re just trying to isolate which compounds make it smell worst – this is important research.”

You take a deep smell of the first test tube [2]: ah MAN it’s disgusting, you’re pretty close to being sick all over yourself, and there’s another five yet to go! You make some basic notes, rating the disgustingness from 1-10 and so forth.

Morale Drop! Oh god. What were they eating?!
Fail! Couldn’t get out of that one!

Task Assigned! Quick bit of research!

Failure Rating: 12.
Morale: 0.

Time to cause some chaos...

Make my own screen saver, but don't use until the boss has finished his rounds.

Bored of Solitaire, you make yourself busy designing an awesome screensaver [4]. It’s pretty good, even if you say so yourself. Hell, you find it irritating just testing the damn thing. Just as you close it the boss walks in. That was pretty close [2].

BOSSCHECK!

“Jesus, Miller. You’re STILL sorting through all those papers? You wanna be an EWOP all your life? Get them sorted and filed in Blue Three Four 98 right now or I’m gonna bust you right down to sub-EWOP before you can blink.”

You don’t even get the chance to reply before he storms back out of the room in a cloud of fury.

BOSSCHECK FAIL

Morale Boost! Sweet screensaver!
Fail! Boss thinks you’re incompetent! At paper sorting!
Morale Drop! Couldn’t even answer back!

Task Assigned! File those stacks of paper now!

Failure Rating: 9.
Morale: 4.

BOSSCHECK FAIL

Could be going better.

Explain situation to guard [3], and ask his help locating the user [6].

“Erm well I’m just here looking for the keyboard that needs installing in room Red Four Two 26, but there’s no answer – can you help me out?”

“Sure,” the security guard explains, straight away, “Here.” He shoulder barges down the door, busting it off the hinges in one mighty blow.

“That’s probably gonna come off your wageslip you know. Sorry son.”

He walks off and you go into the room. There’s no one there!

Morale Drop! Wait, I’ve gotta pay??
Fail! Shouldn't you have got that done by now?
Task Assigned! Help install keyboard!

Failure Rating: 12.
Morale: -3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 10.05am
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 05:39:14 am »

"Urgh... how the hell did dead pigeons end up in here, too?" There probably wasn't going to be an answer to his question. Sato sighed and used his foot to move as many pigeon parts out of the way as possible while wiping his hands off on the legs of his uniform. Dimly he remembered he was supposed to be moving a dead pigeon already; well, if that woman had taken care of it for him at least he now had 'evidence' he had done so. With a disgusted sigh, he exited the newly-repaired lift and went back to his work station to get a broom and start sweeping the corridors.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27