Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to find a goblin fortress?  (Read 1119 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
How to find a goblin fortress?
« on: September 23, 2011, 06:42:30 pm »

I wanna go kill stuff but can't find much besides random encounters.  How do I find a goblin fortress and have some fun?

Also, do they breach the cavern layers?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: How to find a goblin fortress?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:44:15 pm »

Goblin/elf/dwarf sites have temporarily been removed. So they're currently impossible to find.

If they did exist then they probably wouldn't reach the caverns as in past updates all they had were towers.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:45:06 pm »

*shakes angry fist at Toady*

Can I mod them back?  If so, how?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 07:29:45 pm »

No way to get towers back for now.
The only way to get goblin settlements is to mod goblins to build cities and town instead of towers, but then it will just be like a human settlement. (Well, with the exeption that they will be hostile)

Cities, towns and human styled fortresses are the only civ-built structures still ingame. Retreats, towers and mountainhomes have been temporarily removed
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:33:35 pm by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:02:59 pm »

No way to get towers back for now.
The only way to get goblin settlements is to mod goblins to build cities and town instead of towers, but then it will just be like a human settlement. (Well, with the exeption that they will be hostile)

Cities, towns and human styled fortresses are the only civ-built structures still ingame. Retreats, towers and mountainhomes have been temporarily removed
Which is to say, they'll be going back in once they're more interesting than... well, the previous versions.

Honestly, the retreats haven't even changed much. They were a bunch of clueless elves standing around doing nothing to begin with...
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.