Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hide 'n' Seek  (Read 1200 times)

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
Hide 'n' Seek
« on: September 14, 2011, 08:14:21 pm »

Recently started playing Genesis mod, and more recently got good enough (read: figured out how to make void masters) to survive the significantly harder bandit fights. So I've come to see the local law giver and he sent me out to fight a minotaur. All fine and good; I effortlessly dropped a giantess I stumbled on earlier, so I'm not really afraid of losing.

Thing is, I can't find the fucker.

I am in the area that my map insists is a labyrinth. It has none of the trappings of a labyrinth. It's basically an open field with a bunch of murky pools. No stairs, no nothing. The little thing in the left corner also insists that I'm in the right place, but I can't find anything that looks remotely like a labyrinth entrance. Is there something obvious I'm missing?
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Hide 'n' Seek
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 08:17:08 pm »

look for some pillars and constructed floors
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 08:20:51 pm »

Yeah, that's just it. I'm skirting the boundaries of this patch of land (the point where it stops giving "***" as a direction) and I'm not seeing anything that resembles the usual labyrinth entrance. Though based on your post I can assume there are not, er, other possibly entry appearances? As I had hoped?
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 08:59:37 pm »

A ramp?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 04:32:36 am »

maybe the entrance is in one of the pools and you have to fight him wile you both fight off the not so deadly anymore carp
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:16:51 pm »

Ah no the entrance to a labyrinth is usually just a staircase leading into the ground. Easy to miss if you arent looking.
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:21:28 am »

Ah no the entrance to a labyrinth is usually just a staircase leading into the ground. Easy to miss if you arent looking.

I've always seen them with pillars and floors. Sounds to me like the ops labyrinth got bugged in worldgen somehow. Maybe if you try sleep as close to the edge of the area as possible for a while the minotaur will come out to curb stomp you and you can find him that way.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 08:50:45 pm »

Go down a z-level, and look in the wall for an entrance, a la night-beast lairs. You might find the entrance then.