Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Who is necro910?  (Read 13165 times)

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
Re: Who is necro910?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 12:26:56 am »

I've never put much faith in register dates. I first picked the game up and started lurking in '08, but didn't need an account until recently.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 12:31:54 am »

Necro910 is the steel in every warrior's sword and the MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA in every volcano.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 01:04:43 am »

Necro reminds me of this (slightly NSFW) flash.  Turn your volume down a touch.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/576522

"So you're a mmmmbeeatch that like hmmmsocks?"
"Yes, fine, whatever."
"That's good!  Because we've got plenty of socks, IN THE MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABEEEYATCH!"

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 01:10:04 am »

I watched that...
                                ....What the hell?
Hahaha, but in some crazy way, yes, that totally makes sense.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 01:18:01 am »

To summarize that flash:
in My Little Pony, Luna (the little purple one) raises and lowers the moon, and Celestia (the big white one) raises and lowers the sun.  1,000 years ago, Luna was jealous that everyone slept during her night, and decided she would cause eternal night.  Celestia imprisoned her in the moon, until the current cartoon where she escapes but then turns friendly so it's all cute.

The Internet has decided that Celestia is a tyrant who banishes people to the moon on her whims, and that all of pony-dome lives under the constant thread of moon banishment, and that Luna is the adorable and downtrodden sister.  "To the Moon" has become the joke of things like "The toaster burned my bread.  To the moon!"

I think it fits the dwarven mindset nicely.  "There's mud in the hallway."  "MAGMAAAAAAA!"

(ps, I'm working on making all of you into pony fans now :3)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 01:22:21 am »

That's almost creepy, to be honest.

But it works, I see the similarities and thank you for the wonderful flash and explanation.
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 01:26:53 am »

A LOT of My Little Pony is creepy if you face it seriously.  The economy is terrifying, but of course that's if you treat it like an economy.  If you treat it like a kid's show, then it's adorable!

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 01:33:25 am »

"Executive Producer: Barack Obama"
seems legit
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 01:35:58 am »

There is an economy to My Little Pony? What?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 01:41:10 am »

That's what's confusing :P  The "Earth Ponies" like the regular horses are the "worker caste" any time you see them, working the fields and harvesting apples more often than not.  Yet the Unicorns can do everything so much easier.  One episode shows one earth pony trying to harvest a whole orchard, and eventually breaking down and asking for help.  Then a unicorn just waltzes up and magically lifts a whole orchard's worth of apples off the trees and into baskets in about 5 seconds (realtime, not exaggerating).

Magic makes mundane tasks so easy that there simply must be something sinister going on to allow the non-magical to survive.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 01:42:16 am »

That is evil! What in the world? Seriously?

Also, wow. Offtopic thread hijacking for the win!!

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 01:43:58 am »

That's what's confusing :P  The "Earth Ponies" like the regular horses are the "worker caste" any time you see them, working the fields and harvesting apples more often than not.  Yet the Unicorns can do everything so much easier.  One episode shows one earth pony trying to harvest a whole orchard, and eventually breaking down and asking for help.  Then a unicorn just waltzes up and magically lifts a whole orchard's worth of apples off the trees and into baskets in about 5 seconds (realtime, not exaggerating).

Magic makes mundane tasks so easy that there simply must be something sinister going on to allow the non-magical to survive.
ipso facto friendship is sinister

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 01:50:06 am »

That is really creepy now that I think about it. They show this to children?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2011, 01:55:32 am »

Well, they gloss over such details.  The focus isn't on "how does Applejack make money when a motivated unicorn could do fifty times the work?"  The focus is instead on, "Aw, it's cute how Applejack swallows her pride and asks her friends for help!  Haha look, the yellow one is scared of trees!"

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2011, 01:57:03 am »

This is seriously screwed up when you look at it that way! Goodness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4