Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Who is necro910?  (Read 13175 times)

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: Who is necro910?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2011, 02:10:00 am »

Well, they gloss over such details.  The focus isn't on "how does Applejack make money when a motivated unicorn could do fifty times the work?"  The focus is instead on, "Aw, it's cute how Applejack swallows her pride and asks her friends for help!  Haha look, the yellow one is scared of trees!"

I've been linked to some episodes in other forums and each time I see it the show scares the hell out of me. Any sane (you know what I mean) adult can deconstruct it to get a terrible message being given to children. Logic is thrown out the window for whatever is cute and cuddly: they are all elves! It really calls into question the writters' motives.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2011, 02:15:34 am »

It does not matter that industry has become inefficient. It does not matter that the majority of the world's population must work their whole life with not a single day of respite. All that matters is maintaining a constant state wherein the proles are made to believe they are working for a cause and power remains with the privileged few who understand the way the world really works.
[Signature]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2011, 02:18:59 am »

I dunno.  If I had kids, then I probably wouldn't want them watching economy reports when they're that age.  Compare MLP against other shows, like Strawberry Shortcake, No Hao Ki Lan (probably misspelled), and other over-simplistic shows, and MLP looks pretty good for its smooth animation, voice acting, and the way it handles plots.  It doesn't coddle children with slowly spoken, loud-voiced words, and the plots are a little deeper than "my shoe is missing".  The show is entertaining enough for college aged men, lighthearted enough that it doesn't bore a child, and actually tries to be a cartoon show, instead of a "See Jack Run" storybook.

I guess the best way to explain my appeal for it, is that it's an adult quality show, with similar style and voicing to things like Drawn Together (in fact it has the same voice actor) but with content safe enough for children.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2011, 02:42:34 am »

and the plots are a little deeper than "my shoe is missing". 

"No, Urist! The fort is under lockdown! You cannot reach it!"
"But I must! It is so silky..."
Urist McShoeLover has been struck down.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2011, 02:45:42 am »

Dwarves don't care about shoes.  Shoes are for pansies!  Shoes are for elves who are too afraid of scratching their feet as the hump their precious trees!  Shoes aren't for winners!  Winners run barefoot over ‼Menacing Iron Spikes‼, grab a barrel of booze, and do it again carrying the barrel!  Winners slam their crusted, calloused feet into the chest of a minotaur and fracture the lung!  Winners throw shoes at their enemies and jam the skull into the brain dammit!

Now socks on the other hand... what a dwarf wouldn't do for just one slender tube of cloth...

nnn

• Bay Watcher
  • There is a hole in your mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 04:06:51 am »

Argh this is the third time I've tried to post this. Stupid site eating my post.

That's what's confusing :P  The "Earth Ponies" like the regular horses are the "worker caste" any time you see them, working the fields and harvesting apples more often than not.  Yet the Unicorns can do everything so much easier.  One episode shows one earth pony trying to harvest a whole orchard, and eventually breaking down and asking for help.  Then a unicorn just waltzes up and magically lifts a whole orchard's worth of apples off the trees and into baskets in about 5 seconds (realtime, not exaggerating).

Magic makes mundane tasks so easy that there simply must be something sinister going on to allow the non-magical to survive.

Unicorns aren't usually that powerful, that one is a special case who is most likely second only in power to the princesses, who move the freaking sun and moon around in the sky.

From the show's creator, Lauren Faust.
While not magical like the other pony types, Earth Ponies do have a connection to the land that other types do not. In Equestria, growing food and tending animals (Fluttershy's talent with animals is unusual for a pegasus, I always imagined she feels more at home on the ground than in the sky) is just as necessary, as managing weather and magic. Perhaps more important, don't you think? They are ponies, not people, so perhaps appreciating each other as equals is not so difficult for them."

A bit of a cop-out, but we can work with that.

We can thus assume that Necro is probably an earth pony, with a special connection to the land, much like many denizens here. His obsession with magma most likely has to do with his special talent, which I am assuming to be related to solving any problem using magma.

8)
Now someone needs to draw Necro as a pony.
Prancer McPony has created Sparkleleaf, an iron horseshoe!  All craftsponyship is of the highest quality.  On the item is an image of DerpyHooves in microcline.  DerpyHooves is derping.  On the item is an image of a cupcake in iron.  On the item is an image of Sparkleleaf, the iron horseshoe, in bronze.

I See the Moon

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 10:19:46 am »

Well. Now I have to watch the thread to see how ridiculous this could get.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2011, 10:22:37 am »

So he says to me.  I am most famous in Dwarf Mode, DF modding, and Curses
N: But my fame reaches to other places as well
Did you really come and register just to check someone's claimed credibility? How sad...

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2011, 10:57:28 am »

Look what Necro said about my avatar :
I never get tired of looking at your avatar. I love how some guy walks up to a rug and hits it, then a ninja falls out and runs off.

"WTF?"
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Clutzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2011, 11:30:44 am »

Newbie forum-er so had no idea about nerco before this.

I really just came here to contribute to all the pony talk: http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp05282008.shtml

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2011, 11:33:28 am »

I only know if via his avatar, I only know most of you all via your avatars. Your names have number, BAH. You ain't soldiers or barcodes...

Then again, there is this one guy who is funny as hell, Sparten 13-37... If you haven't seen that "Episode" from the Halo Animes go watch it now...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2011, 11:57:57 am »

We can thus assume that Necro is probably an earth pony, with a special connection to the land, much like many denizens here. His obsession with magma most likely has to do with his special talent, which I am assuming to be related to solving any problem using magma.

8)
Grey fur, faded olive green hair, olive green eyes, and vomits magma. YES!

Yes, I just saved this thread from being locked. Since this is about me, and there will probably be a pony that is me, then ponies are now relevant.

YES!

urick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 12:10:01 pm »

I edited the forum raws to add necro910.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2011, 12:11:17 pm »

Forum raws? You mean DF raws orrr...

EDIT:
\(ps, I'm working on making all of you into pony fans now :3)
Damn it. I CAN FEEL THE PONIES LEAKING INTO THE MAGMA DAMN IT!

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 01:36:26 pm »

Forum raws? You mean DF raws orrr...
No, the forum RAWs. We're going to mod you to have twenty heads, blood made of melted diamonds, and eyes made of sapphires.

...No, we're not sure whether or not you'll just melt from the diamonds part. You know how dwarven science works. [shrug]

Edit: On second thought, may need more hearts, too, if you have that many heads...
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4