Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1

(1/123) > >>

Krantz86:
                                                           WARHAMMER: FORTRESS
hello to all guys, we're a group of modders and we're working on a Warhammer Total Conversion, with YOUR help we'll complete it, Join us!

FEATURES:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Human    - Empire - RELEASED v0.25 - modded by SDood
                  The Empire of Man, forged by the warrior-king and ascended deity Sigmar stand proud agains continue invasions
                 fully playable, features Eight custom castes, a custom creature the Mythical Pegasus, weapons and armors

- Bretonnia: RELEASED v0.8 - modded by Shintaro Fago
                   features the proud bretonnian knights are ready to face any foe in the name of their king!

Dwarves -  Dwarvish Dwarves V1.2 modded by me
                  added 4 castes, Slayers, Engineer's Guild members, Runesmiths and Valaya's Priestesses
                  features a runic system to mass produce the finest weapons and armors
                  modified weapons and armors
                  added the meteorical metal(alloy) called GROMRIL who surpass steel
                  added a FUEL REFINING system
                  added Bugman's Distillery

Elves       - Dark Elves - v0.35 by SDood
                  now the evil spawn of Naggaroth will haunt your children nightmares, they're a sadistic race of slavers and torturers
               - Wood Elves  - v0.2 by SDood
                  the secluded dwellers of Athel Loren are ready to punish any trespasser who dare enter their domain
               - high elves - v0.2 by SDood
                  the Asur are noble race of elves who'll face any foe with unsurpassed martial prowess

Greenskins - Savage Orks v0.3 - modded by Krantz86
                     the savage tribes of orks coming from the scorched lands will plunder and wage WAAAAAGH! against everyone
                     3 custom buildings with a  brand new crafting system
                     MANUAL IMPLEMENTED in the Readme
                  - Night goblins - modded by Deathsword
                     Unlike their cousins, the Common Goblins, Night Goblins prefer to dwell in dark caves under the mountains and generally have a strong aversion to sunlight

Ogre Kingdoms - PLANNED

Beastmen - RELEASED v1.3 - Beastmen by Deathsword
                    - the savege breeds are ready to plunder the civilized races

Chaos Warriors - RELEASED v0.52b - Forces of Chaos mod thanks to mrtspence now with 30% more CHAOS
                           the chaos warriors are "human" worshippers of the Dark Gods of Chaos, the strongest of them have killed thousands of enemies for to obtain immortaility
                           added dozens of weapons and the possibility to sacrifice the weakest members of your fortress to produce sovrannatural weapons and armors

Chaos Dwarves - PLANNED

Skaven - RELEASED v1.1b - added by Crazy Cow
             the rat-shaped evil followers of the Horned Rat are ready to expand their under-empire by any mean necessary
             they make use of the deadly warpstone to create dangerous weapons

Norse Tribes - v0.4 by SDood
the savage tribes of the northlands are ready to pillage the southern lands for the glory of the Chaos Gods

Added a new mineral the Meteoric Iron to the soil layers
Modified vanilla plants to add some typical warhammer plants and drinks

more wil come soon...
HOW TO INSTALL
Spoiler (click to show/hide)the main file merges everyone's mods, when someone post an update i'll always include it in the main release
so to install the FULL races just download it and place all the .txt files in your raws folder

DOWNLOAD THE LAST VERSION: V1.4.1 - CLASSIC
Spoiler (click to show/hide)http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7274DOWNLOAD THE LAST VERSION: V1.4.1 - modified PHOEBUS TILESET
Spoiler (click to show/hide)http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5268
OPTIONAL FILES
Spoiler (click to show/hide)- additional races
Lizardmens Alpha2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?ghhz21ciaa21j7o

i hope to work with you guys
Krantz

Deon:
It's not a good idea to capitalize creature names. Make them starting with a small letter, otherwise they will look weird in a context.

Since nobody has managed to create a FULL warhammer mod, maybe you will be able to do it in a group?
Ask those guys:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=90971
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=48008

All in all, my best advice is to start making the framework by yourself. If you don't know how to do something, make a placeholder there. Once you have more or less solid stuff, release it as 0.1. It will attract a lot of help in a form of helpful posts, code and suggestions, as well as maybe sprite artists (for sure, hehe).

Just do it! ;)

mrtspence:
Hey! I have a pretty-damned-fleshed-out Chaos Warrior mod (which I am planning on tweaking in a little while--I haven't abandoned it, but school life owns my game life xD) which you would be welcome to use. It also can come with a barely-realized Daemons of Chaos mod that provides them as reasonable enemies.

So feel free to use it in its current iteration whilst I slowly patch and update it. Just give credit.

I also am about 50% through a Lizardmen mod. It's not done enough to be used though.

Maybe this will be the one that will work!

Dsarker:
I'd be happy to help out.

You want Bestigors, iirc.

Teneb:
I'd be happy to help, also.

Beastmen will need to, of course, be divided into castes. Ungors, Gors, Bestigors, Bray Shamans. Can't remember if Centigors count as real beastmen or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version