Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 107965 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer universe TC
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 11:28:33 pm »

I could do skaven and/or vampires.
Separate skaven clans or mixed?
The four kinds of vampire could be separate night creature types in the next release i.e Necrarchs build towers with undead armies but Lahmians infiltrate towns and nobility (vampire cults confirmed in next release).

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 04:42:58 am »

I could do skaven and/or vampires.
Separate skaven clans or mixed?
The four kinds of vampire could be separate night creature types in the next release i.e Necrarchs build towers with undead armies but Lahmians infiltrate towns and nobility (vampire cults confirmed in next release).
since i'm a vampire fan i'm drooling at the idea of them walking around (i'm already working on them, my actual progression on them:
i'm working on standard(Von Carstein) structure for vampires (NONPLAYABLE RIGHT NOW) with their own minions:
Vampires         - an humanoid that feel no pain nor fear and that his/her only weakness is dismemberment of decapitation
Skeletons        - Nonlearning minions
Zombies(pets)  - they're just cannon fodder
Ghoul              - bigger than humans, poisoned claws that cause suffucation and dizzyness
Wrathguard      - Elite Skeletons with buildt in full armor and weapon (to represent own cursed items and weapons) they wont use any other equipment
Vargulf            - Walking nightmare, very fast , very deadly and he is even harder to kill than a vampire his fangs are harder than steel
Ghosts, etc      - kinda trying create an ethereal attribute

later i planned to add more kinds of vampires (Necrarchs with black magic attacks, Lahmians cause nearby creatures to drop their guard thanks a syndrome emitted, and at least the followers of Aborash who can kill a dragon with their superior martial skills)

that was my project but if you want to take over feel free, i'll keep working on dwarves, right now i'm adding the kraka-drakk slayers

Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 08:45:15 am »

I should have the basics for Bretonnia today, should I bother with custom workshops?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 10:48:35 am »

you should concentrate on the race at first, you can add workshops for fortress mode later
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 11:03:23 am »

The race is kinda ready, with 4 custom castes (nobles that rule and become knights, pilgrims who go into martial trances, champions that make great grail knights and peasants doing everything else [60% of the race]), custom positions (like landlord, questing knight, docteur) and french-like language. Custom workshops would flesh it out a bit but I'm no warhammer lore expert, will have to read something about them.

EggFibre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 12:35:36 pm »

I've got my Ogres that I need to do something with. Do they need to be playable, or just an enemy race? Also, do you want me to do the various Ogre creatures? I have Gnoblars, SabreTusks and Rhinoxes nearly finished. I'm still working on getting the new ones done. One problem I am facing is that basic Ogres are fairly OP. I originally tries to counter this by not allowing them traps, but that won't make a difference if they're attacking you. Any ideas on how to make them more fair? Possibly limit the materials to iron/copper.

I have both the Civ and Creature Raws for the Ogre Kingdom, and they should be finished by the end of the week, if that's ok with you. If not, I can post them in their current state on Wednesday.]

Also, if your interested, I've been working on some demons for a 40K mod I've been trying to make. They're pretty complete, so if you need them, possibly to intergrate into the Chaos Warriors, just ask. If someone's already working on demons, then sorry, but you can use what I have if you need it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this all put together. Warhammer Rules.

EggFibre~
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:39:02 pm by EggFibre »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 02:52:40 pm »

sadly testing resulted in a delay for Bretonnia...

EggFibre
there  are 3 options:
release a Ogre Kingdom alpha of them as worldgen enemies (like the beastmen, gobling..)
release them as Neutral like vanilla elves, humans and later keep patching them to allow fortress mode and fix balance issues(i tend to prefer this one)
release them directly playable in fortress mode
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:54:19 pm by Krantz86 »

EggFibre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 03:12:11 pm »

I'll take option 2.

Ogres are neutral in the fluff, so it makes sense. I'm happy to keep working on them in the future too.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 01:23:36 am »

I'd love to do the Dawi Zhar... but implementing the chaos dwarves' trademark siege weapons would be impossible in the current system. Their fire magic could be straight forward but I'd think to really nail it I'd have to wait for the next release with the interaction shenanigans, especially with the petrification.

Making cloven hooves, curly "byzantine" beards, and tusks should be trivial. Most of their armor and weapons could be taken from dwarfs themselves with a few modifications for the immortals obsidian/stone armor and the blunderbusses they wield. The only problem is according to fluff they ted to use slave races like the greenskins instead of their own troops and I don't think slave races work well so far... unless a nice work-around has been found.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 04:43:49 am »

Zhar Naggrund's dwarves issues aren't insormontable:
Siege machines like Inferno cannons? they are more like caged daemons anyway, so you can make them into nonorganic wheeled fire spewing nasty tempered creatures
Slaves, just add some castes that can field goblins, orks on the field as underling
about the CD curse, you can suppose that since the petrification increase with age and magic usage higher caste CD have about 70/80% of their skin turned into stone

just try to be creative, remember they don't necessarily need to playable at the start, just add them as world threat (ps please make them live in savage mountains/plains) so we can field another race

MESSAGE FOR ALL, WE NEED JUST 1 MORE RACE
we have CHAOS WARRIORS 80-90% done fortress mode compatible
we have BEASTMEN 50-60% done as opposing force
we have BRETONNIAN KNIGHTS 20-30% done as neutrals

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 10:42:00 am »

The siege engines can be made with some more creative body raws. Though as an after effect we could se some FBs carting around on metal wheels, the powers of Chaos are strong in deed. I'll start working on thr Chaos dwarves but I might not have anything till friday at the minimum due to some of the material and body raws that night need to be made. I haven't done anything with flame templates and breath mechanics. Should be fun.

I am astonished no one has suggested the cockney soccer hooligans, aka the orcs.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 02:21:03 pm »

Tried my best to keep as close as I can to the fluff and with comments from Krantz86 I guess we are pretty close to the original Bretonnia.

Honor and Chivalry: Bretonnia Faction add-on for a Warhammer Universe TC v.20
######
######
######
######
######
######
######

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 03:16:15 pm »

mmh, seems way better than the alpha, i will post the alpha of the TC in the next 12h, in the meantime feel free to test the dwarf runic system and post comments and suggestions

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4960

armors coming soon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer universe TC - Alpha Incoming
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 04:59:59 pm »

I'll try to expand the beastmen to make them playable, but I can give you no timeline on that. Until that, leave them as they are.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer universe TC - Alpha Incoming
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 06:09:30 pm »

Should Chaos Dwarves be playable, and if so what unique workshops should that have? The most iconic thing I've found could be a sacrificial "cauldron" that could give various boons. Maybe some more sinister trap components?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41