Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 107573 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer universe TC - Alpha Incoming
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 06:50:35 pm »

I'll probably use some weapons/reactions/buildings from the Chaos Warriors mod, if that's okay (since it'll be part of the mod)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 07:29:11 pm »

I'll probably use some weapons/reactions/buildings from the Chaos Warriors mod, if that's okay (since it'll be part of the mod)

Does the chaos warrior mod have chaos armor implemented? I believe that could be useful to the chaos dwarves as that tends to be their standard equipment. I just need to dig around for that mod and ask permissions.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 07:42:16 pm »

Does the chaos warrior mod have chaos armor implemented? I believe that could be useful to the chaos dwarves as that tends to be their standard equipment. I just need to dig around for that mod and ask permissions.

Last time I checked, it didn't. It did add chaos weapons and reactions to ask for blessings. Walking into a chaos town as a Gor and being killed by a Chosen of Khorne was quite nice.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 10:46:38 pm »

@Deathsword: Please feel free to use any chunks of my mod (including RAWS) as long as you give me credit for it.

@Black_Legion: I actually added in a Cuirass (a better chest piece with better coverage), so now their entire bodies can be encased in armour pretty effectively. So you can easily make a suit of good and proper chaos armour out of Blood Steel (custom metal I have in there that is hard to make and requires sacrifice and much refinement, but is like really heavy adamantine) to fulfill all your defensive and fluffy needs. Didn't feel a need to remake an entirely new piece of armour for each bodypart when the existing stuff (minus the breastplate) was accurate.

It also adds a large number of custom buildings and reactions, from burning flesh to make charcoal to what is essentially a (usually lethal) blood sacrifice to enrich metals and rock.

I would also like some opinions on the Staff of Tzeentch, if you get around to that. It currently shoots bolts of Chaos Energy, which ignites in blood (also why Chaos Warriors run a little cooler than the rest of them, to avoid it instantly bursting into flames). Currently it doesn't extinguish (you've gotta atom-smash it to get rid of it) which I think is ok and fluffy (you are trying to harness raw chaos! There are risks!), but if people find it too much of a pain, I will give it a melting/vapour point.

Ya, Chaos Khorne Champions are the scourge of adventure mode. They mean business.

Also, just posted an update to my Warriors of Chaos Mod. Check that here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3612

Here is the relevant part to the changelog:
0.4b
-Greatly increased the size of the Chaos Warriors/Champions.
After reading more fluff and looking at how people get massively heavier as they get taller
(if retaining their original proportions). ie. an 8 foot tall norseman would be closer to 600 or 800
pounds than 300 or 400. Now they won't be built like twigs :D

-Tweaked the entity file so that Chaos Warriors will siege sooner.
-Changed the descriptions of leaders/etc. in the entity file. Now enjoy Chaos-y names for your mayors, militia commanders, etc!

-Added Chaos Crusaders, who should be a hostile, non-player-controllable race (essentially clones of Chaos Warriors) that will be able to use the God Weaponry.
They are going to be brutal enemies indeed. May need more testing though, and if they are causing trouble, just go into the entity file and remove them.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:54:32 pm by mrtspence »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 03:14:49 am »

FINALLY, after about 4h of  cross references i managed to fix about 6 pages of bugs, typo, etc.
now the error log is an acceptable half page( i'll keep working).
here the first release of the Warhammer Total Conversion Mod, i hope everyone can enjoy it

Download Link:
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - Alpha RELEASED
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 07:01:04 am »

Excellent! Looking forward to this!

Progress has been startlingly fast so far, hopefully it can continue at even a fraction of this pace.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 09:31:01 am »

Posting to watch, also question, in your readme you say there are slayers included, however i could not find them. However i suppose i may be mistaken, thanks and keep up the great work i would love to see my favorite theme of dwarves come out.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:39:27 am by Stronghammer »

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 09:40:30 am »

Genned a new world. There are two huge islands. On the first one I'm at war with humans and bretonnians and on the other side elves and beastmen. Delicious!

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 09:49:52 am »

GOSH! i forgot the dwarves! *Hammering my head against the wall* i'll fix it immediately!

*fixed* i added the entity_default and creature_standard.... i'm sorry guys, i had so much in my hands that i totally forgot the basics, now you can download them again to see SLAYERS, GROMRIL, RUNIC WEAPONS, now i just need to learn how to add cosmetic changes to a caste
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:53:10 am by Krantz86 »
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 09:54:35 am »

Strange, embarked as chaos humans but embark doesn't give me any option to buy drinks. Can anyone confirm?

E: but I can buy blizzard men for 1 point each.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 10:06:10 am »

i just tried 6 gens and no issues seen

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 11:05:15 am »

Strange, embarked as chaos humans but embark doesn't give me any option to buy drinks. Can anyone confirm?

E: but I can buy blizzard men for 1 point each.

Your starting civ likely spawned in a glacier or a tundra. Since chaos warriors don't have underground farming and there can't Be aboveground crops in glaciers for gen purposes, you won't be able to embark with plant products like that. Just like how you sometimes cannot make highboots as dwarves if your home civ can't. Glacier would also explain the blizzard man as a pet option. The only way to make chaos able to have juggernauts/horrors/etc was to make them evil pets, which means you could take other evil beings as pets in your home civ area. The issue is that the game doesn't assign most creatures pet values, so when they become available as pets, they are almost free.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 11:47:06 am »

Here's a playable beastmen race, a bit bare, but useable.

relies on stuff added by the chaos warrior part of the mod, wich is not included in the files uploaded by myself

link

EDIT: re-uploaded, forgot to remove [SLOW_LEARNER] from the beastmen
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:50:44 am by Deathsword »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 12:47:07 pm »

uhh, i think i just found a little bug here, chaos civs doesn't have access to the new chaos buildings, to be specific
in entity chaos the entries missing are:
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:BLOOD_FOUNDRY]
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:ALTAR]
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:CHARNEL_FURNACE]
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:SHRINE]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:58:21 pm by Krantz86 »

EggFibre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 12:54:42 pm »

Hey guys, congrats on getting version 1 up. I'll download and test later.

I'm trying to get my Ogres ready for possibly version two. I've built some custom creatures. How do I let the Ogre use them? I could just leave them out for now and I'll work on them later if it's easier though.

I could try and get the Civ and Ogre_Creature Raws to you now to have a look at, if you want them. What would be the easiest way to get them to you? Post them up and let you copy them into the appropriate files?

I'll go through them now, to make sure everything I want for now is there.

Cheers,
Egg.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41