Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 107637 times)

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.6 - resurrecting...
« Reply #525 on: December 14, 2012, 05:25:39 pm »

Hey guys, its nice to see that Krantz is back! I took a break from DF for a couple months, i plan to start modding again soon. Version 1.3.7 is almost finished, i have cleaned up a lot of the files and fixed bugs and many other things i forgot. Updated Valar Morghulis by Dbuhos, which includes more realistic bodies and Ogre kingdoms.

Thanks for the new sprites MiguelMO.

good, i'll wait for your version to release the classic version, sadly i don't have much free time but i'll try come up with new stuff.

EDIT: also i kinda disagree to beastmen forts or "visible enclaves" they would never tolerate civilized structures like forts or cities let alone build them...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:26:22 pm by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.6 - resurrecting...
« Reply #526 on: December 14, 2012, 08:36:22 pm »

EDIT: also i kinda disagree to beastmen forts or "visible enclaves" they would never tolerate civilized structures like forts or cities let alone build them...

Problem being Beastman adventurers don't have much access to armor or weapons befitting their race. A Beastman waltzing around in darksteel plate is a little silly yes?

Think of them as occupied human settlements. 8)

I'm interested in doing beastman cities after the next DF release. See if I can make tent poles that project leather walls for two squares when connected, or something. I could see Beastmen living in huts made of the skin and bones of their enemies. Maybe a workshop that can make bone and leather blocks?

A fortress of bones would be...impressive. Come to think of it, maybe not fortress. A temple. Maybe just an altar made of bones. I wonder if and how nomadism would work in the new release?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:50:33 am by TastyMints »

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 16, 2012, 11:38:01 pm »

Okay guys i released version 1.3.7 Phoebus version. Special thanks to TastyMints for his help with the Beastmen your help is much appreciated. I also resized the Chaos race and made their stats more reasonable.Thanks to MiguelMo for the new sprites and everyone's feedback. I also made many other changes to the mod including fixing bugs,changing the file structure and balancing issues.

Major additions include an updated version of the Valor Morghulis mod by Dbuhos which include The Ogre Kingdoms civilization,many new items and creatures and also his more realistic bodies mod.

I also "streamlined" some of the major races, made skaven one entity instead of four, made chaos one instead of two,and dwarf one instead of two. Since we have so many civilizations in the mod i found this change really helped in worldgen,though further worldgen tweaks and testing is needed.

I also changed which races are playable in Fortress mode, right now Beastmen,Brettonnia,Chaos,Ork Savages, and Dwarves are tagged as playable in fortress mode, with Dwarves being the most feature complete and most recommended race in fortress mode. I did this as a temporary solution to help with testing in fortress mode as it is much harder to balance a race to be playable in fortress mode. These races are also the most feature complete and tested in fortress mode with many of the other races being "vanilla" in fortress mode or unplayable. Again this is only a temp fix if you wish to play another race in fortress mode you can go into the raw folder and add a [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag to the entity file of the race of your choice.

Also for those having trouble generating new worlds try the new custom worldgens.

update here:
I hope everyone continues to work on this mod and contribute to bringing the Warhammer universe into DF.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 02:58:30 pm by SDood »

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 17, 2012, 02:21:39 am »

I am very happy to be of help, and may go about adding lots of descriptors to Beastmen along with expanding on what I've already done with the raws. I'd like to find out what's causing the flag_with function to bug out when referencing the beastman's claw attacks and what claw/claws it is using, but I think that's just my unfamiliarity with the token system and, really, it's inconsequential. Claws work pretty much as I hoped they would, although I can't help but think I should drop Ungor claw penetration down to 50%.

Beastmen could use beards, different styles of hooves, horns, animal features, chaos tattoos, etc. I imagine a Gor with a Ram's head would have a Ram's hooves and horns, so I'll have to figure out how to link those together. Maybe something suitably vague like "the animal features of a ram" etc.

Oh and if anyone's wondering why the Beastmen have a few things set to PERSONAL_ISSUE that might otherwise slide in a Beastman community, when some things are set to the wrong values you can end up with a civilization of (I shit you not) blue jays. I think this has something to do with how the game regards pets over a long period of time. It is possible to have a Tiger Man as a Mayor in a Dwarf Fortress, after all.

Oh, and I am also somewhat interested in working on Chaos Dwarves as well, but I would like to hear what you all would expect from the faction first. For example: Chaos Dwarves are very few in number. A team of seven Chaos Dwarves wouldn't come without a metric ass-ton of orkoid slaves, technically speaking. Orkoids would do the fighting, the mining, all the labor. Goblins as slaves and a Night Goblin Caste that can hold a Manager position and migrate to your fort with slaves would make sense.

I just have to make sure they don't start interbreeding. :-\ Immigrants would also have to be rare, if they come at all. Maybe that could be how Chaos Dwarf gameplay differentiates itself? Survival mod: Don't lose your original seven, repopulate Chaos Dwarven kind! Maybe figure out a way for the entire society to enter a panic spiral if there's no dwarves capable of taking the Slave-master position. Renaming Manager to Slave Driver for sure.

Hi-ho indeed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:02:58 am by TastyMints »

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 17, 2012, 02:54:54 pm »

I am very happy to be of help, and may go about adding lots of descriptors to Beastmen along with expanding on what I've already done with the raws. I'd like to find out what's causing the flag_with function to bug out when referencing the beastman's claw attacks and what claw/claws it is using, but I think that's just my unfamiliarity with the token system and, really, it's inconsequential. Claws work pretty much as I hoped they would, although I can't help but think I should drop Ungor claw penetration down to 50%.

Beastmen could use beards, different styles of hooves, horns, animal features, chaos tattoos, etc. I imagine a Gor with a Ram's head would have a Ram's hooves and horns, so I'll have to figure out how to link those together. Maybe something suitably vague like "the animal features of a ram" etc.

Oh and if anyone's wondering why the Beastmen have a few things set to PERSONAL_ISSUE that might otherwise slide in a Beastman community, when some things are set to the wrong values you can end up with a civilization of (I shit you not) blue jays. I think this has something to do with how the game regards pets over a long period of time. It is possible to have a Tiger Man as a Mayor in a Dwarf Fortress, after all.

Oh, and I am also somewhat interested in working on Chaos Dwarves as well, but I would like to hear what you all would expect from the faction first. For example: Chaos Dwarves are very few in number. A team of seven Chaos Dwarves wouldn't come without a metric ass-ton of orkoid slaves, technically speaking. Orkoids would do the fighting, the mining, all the labor. Goblins as slaves and a Night Goblin Caste that can hold a Manager position and migrate to your fort with slaves would make sense.

I just have to make sure they don't start interbreeding. :-\ Immigrants would also have to be rare, if they come at all. Maybe that could be how Chaos Dwarf gameplay differentiates itself? Survival mod: Don't lose your original seven, repopulate Chaos Dwarven kind! Maybe figure out a way for the entire society to enter a panic spiral if there's no dwarves capable of taking the Slave-master position. Renaming Manager to Slave Driver for sure.

Hi-ho indeed.

Your further changes to the beastmen sound great. :) This is a community mod and we rely on others to help contribute.Thank you for all of your work and thoughts on the mod.

Chaos Dwarves are indeed tricky to mod in and to make playable in fortress mode. I hope you start to work on them that would be amazing!

Edit: I updated WARHAMMER: FORTRESS - Phoebus to 1.3.8. I fixed an issue with Demons of Chaos megabeasts not showing up in worldgen i also balanced some of the races with misc changes and bugfixes and i removed the Flora and Fauna mod.

update here:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:11:19 am by SDood »

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.8 - resurrecting...
« Reply #530 on: December 24, 2012, 04:00:47 pm »

Okay i released version 1.3.9 it is another bugfix and balance release. I fixed the graphic errors with Bretonnia and Skaven, graphics should work as intended now.

update here:

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I updated the mod to version 1.4.0. Major additions include the ancient undead army of the Tomb Kings. I made them with brains otherwise they are invulnerable killing machines,the only way to kill them is to destroy the brain, hacking off limbs will just piss them off (if they were capable of feeling anger). I also added in 9 more Demons of Chaos which include Beasts of Nurgle and Plaguebeasts.I included the DFHACK mod with the Phoebus version, it helps to improve FPS and fix bugs. I also updated the Classic version which is just the raws to version 1.4.0.

I'll remove the classic version once Krantz finishes his update.

Updates here

Phoebus:
Classic:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:13:00 pm by SDood »

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi SDood, I downloaded the newest version of your mod, the 1.4.0 to test the wonderful ogres but when I went to advanced world gen all the types of world are square islands with a very chaotic composition, maybe you forgot about it and since the last time I edited the elevations, water, mountains, etc in the advaned parameters I destroyed the worldgen I hope you can update the mod with fitting advanced parameters :(

Thanks for all your work(And all the other guys) In this mod is just wonderful to see other warhammer fans anywhere i go

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi SDood, I downloaded the newest version of your mod, the 1.4.0 to test the wonderful ogres but when I went to advanced world gen all the types of world are square islands with a very chaotic composition, maybe you forgot about it and since the last time I edited the elevations, water, mountains, etc in the advaned parameters I destroyed the worldgen I hope you can update the mod with fitting advanced parameters :(

Thanks for all your work(And all the other guys) In this mod is just wonderful to see other warhammer fans anywhere i go

Thanks, i removed two of the crappy worldgens that i forgot to remove before and added back in the default advanced world gens. Default world gen seems to work fine now depending on the settings.Reuploaded, its the same version number. If you would like you can post worldgens that you make, and i can put them in the Phoebus version, i must admit i am not very good at creating worldgens.Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:09:03 pm by SDood »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could always do what some other mods have done for the slave thing. I believe it involves turning a race into a pet of a sorts. This way you can then have the Chaos dwarves embark with its "metric ass-ton" of slaves. I believe the wiki has a little on the issue as well. Hope this little bit of point to find helps. I would absolutely LOVE to play as the chaos dwarfs. Ah I found it http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0. If you create a caste of "Slaves" add pet to the female side of the caste and intelligent to the male, you get a breeding and useful group. However what will also happen is that they will breed with the dwarfs. So there is part of the equation but the interbreeding is still a problem. Huzzah i think I found a useful work around for the interbreeding thing. 1 create a SLAVE caste for the chaos dwarf race. 2 make the pop ratio 1. 3 make the pop ratio for chaos dwarfs 10000. 4 set your embark pop cap to 7. 8 profit. What this does is create your group of 7 chaos dwarf settlers. Then with the pop cap at 7 you will only be able to have babies no imigrants (other then the default 2 waves).  You then can order from the caravan any number of SLAVES because they are a pet of the civ. They can work and fight and equip like everyone else. So in conclusion you will have a small group of dwarfs that can embark with a metric ass-load of slaves, most likely never give birth to any slaves and allow you to purchase endless numbers of slaves. And as a plus the carvan now is vital for the chaos dwarfs because its their only source of fresh labour. Also a side effect is that you can butcher, eat and make things out of the slaves. So ya I think that should solve the hardest part of the chaos dwarfs.

I have tested this theory now and it works. I even got the game to make the slaves stronger and look differently, and to name them slaves. The only thing I need to work out is the possibility of having them have a different tile representing them. But besides that I already have a functioning fortress with a couple of Slave masters and many slaves kept working in the pits below.
cheers
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:48:50 pm by Stronghammer »

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.8 - resurrecting...
« Reply #535 on: February 02, 2013, 04:15:49 am »

Do you think you'll be able to work in the Chaos Dwarf sorcerers slowing down and eventually turning into statues?

psychomantits

• Bay Watcher
  • a menacing lawn gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 03, 2013, 04:40:01 am »

Just got my dwarf camp destroyed by dark elf ambush - totally forgot how fun this mod was.

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 06, 2013, 01:37:36 am »

Uuhhmm, I'm wondering, why can't I play in fortress mode as skaven?

even more, I just spent like 30 minutes making like 20 worlds with only a handful of races (including skaven) And they don't even appear in the map.... Am I getting blind? It is just me and my raws? I took a look at the raws and the skaven suddenly losed all they social stratification and are only CIV_CONTROLLABLE, but I clearly remember I had a skaven fortress in the previous version

I just love the idea of having a world with only-> empire, dwarf, chaos, Delf, Welf, orcs and SKAVEN, please help, I want my filthy rattatas  :'(

Edit: OH GOD-EMPEROR!, Delf and norse too?! o_o I'm about to cry, but is 1:39 in the morning and I'm too sleepy to cry...
Edit2: I must say I'm using the phoebus version (1.40)... The one I played with norse, Delf and the like in fortress mode was in 1.38 if I'm not mistaken
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:44:18 am by stormcry0 »

Lostsoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 06, 2013, 02:40:04 pm »

Great mod, having fun time while building above ground bretonnian town, after my chaos fortress got flooded by magma.

I think bretonnian nobles got too big xp bonus, whit two first migration wave every noble that arrived got legendary skill. And I though it was peasents who use their time in forge and farming.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 06, 2013, 04:25:13 pm »

Stormcry0: You need to use the slider for number of unique civs and increase it. The problem you are having is that certain races are crowded out because they have similar starting locations. If you make a large world and increase number of unique civs then you should have your rats. I came upon this problem with my dwarfs being crowded out by the filthy rats. Hope that helps
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41