Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 107855 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.8 - resurrecting...
« Reply #540 on: February 07, 2013, 07:49:22 pm »

Im trying to think of what other buildings could be used to fill more machinery for the dwarfs. I was reading the Dwarfs Omnibus by Nick and Gav and all the imagery of machinery, water wheels, and founderies got me thinking that the dwarfs needed more. (of course im thinking of the dwarfs as i love them the most)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.8 - resurrecting...
« Reply #541 on: February 14, 2013, 12:37:15 pm »

Well I have added more industry into my dwarfs and its added a new level of enjoyment for me. However I have noticed that the Druchi are WAY to aggresive. I was ambushed in my first winter, then again in spring, and then again in summer, and then was sieged in my second winter. Do to the high levels of harassment and sheer number of ranged Druchii my fort was able to get to 20 dwarfs before quickly falling to the endless battles to 6. I might hazard a suggestion that the requirements for attack to be raised as I had barely been able to finish crafting weapons for my clan, let alone any forms of defence. (I had already built 6 cage traps, however even with mulitple reloads I was unable to deal with the endless horde.)

Edit: I am going to check in on the rats raws in my game and see what needs to be changed for them or improved.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:44:03 pm by Stronghammer »

psychomantits

• Bay Watcher
  • a menacing lawn gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 16, 2013, 08:56:44 am »

oh yeah
Code: (entity_DARK_ELVES.txt) [Select]
[ACTIVE_SEASON:SPRING]
[ACTIVE_SEASON:SUMMER]
[ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN]
[ACTIVE_SEASON:WINTER]
makes them trade each season too

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 16, 2013, 01:24:16 pm »

lol, by Grimnir's tattooed arse any fort would be quickly over run by that. Definitely changing that in mine.

Edit: Success for Karak Egul. They came in the dead of winter cloaked in shadow and hidden by the snow. They approached quietly in formation towards the open gate of the unprepared Dawi. The leader signaled the group to come to a halt, so that they might hear anyone approaching. The lead Druchii had an arrogant smirk upon his face, at the realization that once again they would catch the short bastards umnaware. Just last year Elan and his ambush party had taken another group of dwarfs by surprise. The leader almost chuckled at the stupidity of this race. These dwarfs had embarked even closer to the Druchii lands, in search of more ores and riches. In fact this group was said to be even lead by the same dwarf who lost the last group. This would be an easy slaughter. With a wave of his hand the group advanced forwards. Everything was going according to plan until the group got within a few feet of the gates.

Suddenly with a click and a snap seven cages sprang up and captured the forwards scouts. The leader swore under his breath at being tricked so easily. He waved the second group forward, determined to show these dwarfs their inferioirity. However that is when everything went to hell. The second group charged forward their anger boiling over from the imprisonment of their fellows. Suddenly and runic stones burst from the walls and ceilings the crush heads and breaking limbs. The stones where covered in grudges and curses brought from the last fort and being used to crush the Druchii. The Druchii all began to flee trying to escape the tunnel of death, no longer confident in their victory. This was when the ground opened in the side of the cliff face and eight iron plated Dawi burst forth. No inch of the dwarfs could be seen beneath the plates of metal, which were all covered in runes. The dwarfs swept forward a tide of death cutting down any who tried to flee. The leader of the raiders had almost gotten out of range of the dwarfs when one sprang across the river and brought him down with its armoured weight. The leader looked up at the iron visage of the dwarf a questioning look on his face. "But how?" The leader's last sight was that of a runic axe sweeping down for his head.

So ya I sped to get iron and runic weapons up before the druchii came. It went brilliantly though i could never harm them through their Dark metal or whatever armour.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:34:36 pm by Stronghammer »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

E.P.I.C.
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hehehehe thanks I try. Sorry for all the spelling mistakes, I made that post while half asleep and with a fair amount of imbibed Cider. Anyways have to say, now that I have the iron and runic weapons/armours up the sieges and ambushes are not so bad. Though they do come frequently (never got around to changing the active seasons as it results in bad as fights.).

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just remember that each rune level dramatically improve weapons/armors

anyway i'd like to say that i'll release new version soon but i can't actually find 10 spare minutes those days, but i can promise that i'll keep supporting the mod updating links and main page till i manage to resume working on it

Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.9
« Reply #547 on: March 04, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »

oh also noticed I have meteoric iron and coal and fuel yet the make gromril from the metal does not work.
Regards

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 05, 2013, 04:46:18 pm »

hello, well, I kept testing why I wasn't able even to see skaven in legends and when I took out all the other races that spawn in mountain (dwarf, norsca and Ngoblins) The games crahses every time I started to generate a new world, in basic world generation and advance aswell, then I put back the other races and the world generation worked just fine, making new worlds without problems.

So my only conclusion is that the skaven raw is broken somehow and that's why it never shows when any other race can replace it.

A clever design it seem, but still I don't know what is wrong with skavens to crash the game.

praise this mod, praise Sigmar!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:50:05 pm by stormcry0 »

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 26, 2013, 01:08:12 pm »

Hey guys i'm back with an update. I fixed the errors with the Dark Elves active seasons and increased the requirement for them to siege you, they are now a late fort threat like Chaos. I also tweaked some progress triggers for the other civilizations and some other minor tweaks including making the three custom worldgens more hospitable.

Special thanks to psychomantits and Stronghammer for their help!

WARHAMMER: FORTRESS - Phoebus updated to 1.4.1

WARHAMMER: FORTRESS - Classic updated to 1.4.1

And stormcry0 i am not having any problems with skaven raws or skaven in worldgen or legends, using Phoebus version 1.4.1.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:48:42 pm by SDood »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1
« Reply #550 on: April 12, 2013, 07:44:01 pm »

Thanks for the update im finally getting a chance to try it out.

Edit: Hey was wondering, is it possible to put a skill cap on certain skills for certain races? Like cap the skaven mining at proficient or what not? just curious as I am working on giving my skaven more flavour as right now they play like vanilla dwarfs
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:29:06 pm by Stronghammer »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 24, 2013, 10:30:00 pm »

nudge for interest plus some interesting fluff.

The drums sounded in the second deeps of Karak Egul. In a great horde the vile green skins came. Hooting and hollering the vile force charged down an abandoned mine shaft towards the main mine complex. Drums and and crude bellowing echoed down the tunnel to the ears of the stout Ironbreaker guards. "Sound the alarm! Send for aid from the the upper complexes!" Bellow Thagri leader of the group of ironbreakers. One of the longbeards put lips to a goat horn and blew a long solemn note that shook the walls. Again and again he blew warning his fellow dwarfs of their plight. With the hold warned the small group of ironbreakers had but one task left to them. Hold the green skins for the others to come.

"Right boys nothin gets by! FOR OATH AND HONOUR WE TAKE NO STEP BACK!" As Thagri bellowed the oath the tide of greenskins crashed through the small wooden door and fell upon the dwarfs. Iron swords clanged of gromril plates while runic axes carved off limbs. Tirelessly the dwarfs hacked at the coming horde. With every swing a goblin fell with a split skull or with its head far from its shoulders. Endlessly the 5 dwarfs fought, hacking left and right full filling many oaths and righting a seemingly endless list of grudges against the hold. None measured up to the legendary figure of Thagri. His armour and axe glowed with the light of runes and everywhere his axe swung a bright trail of death followed. He blocked one goblin's clumsy thrust with his shield and severed the goblin in two with the back stroke of his axe. Another goblin jumped from the horde to try and charge the dwarf. But the goblin bounced off as if he had hit a wall. It never came out of its daze for Thagri severed its head. The dead piled high around the dwarfs yet there seemed to be no end to the horde. It was to be a glorious death for them indeed. Yet just as Thagri chopped the last gobbo in front of him he saw his end. Out of the shadows flew six arrows fast and true. He took one in the shield, two clanged off his gromril plate, yet the last three found their way in. One struck his throat through the mail gorget, while the remaining two struck him in the face. In outrage Thagri bellowed at the filth and clove another two greenskins who ventured to close. Yet the steam had finally left his boiler and he was struck down by a spear wielding goblin from behind.

As Thagri fell the last sounds he heard was the blowing of a great horn. The upper hold was under attack....no aid was coming. Two more had fallen in the group leaving two longbeards back to back fighting off the horde. "HOLD THEM BACK! NONE MAY PASS!" screamed the Hraggi of the Gemchipper clan as he gutted a goblin in front of him. "This will not be the day were a Gemchipper need tell a Copperhand dwarf his duty." Came the bellowed reply of Throdin at his back. With a cry of outrage the two dwarfs charged head long in to the horde to kill their foes and meet their doom.

Ya I finally lost my hod to the combined attack of goblins and drow. They both sieged and brought an ass load of guys. It took my computer two hours to do the whole fight. This was just one of the fights i got to witness in the lower depths of the hold. Hope you guys enjoy. I might write the Thanes end if you want.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 25, 2013, 02:50:34 pm »

Trying to turn your fort into a iconic area fitting for a chaos god is quite fun. Nurgal does love you~
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 25, 2013, 04:51:45 pm »

I do so enjoy it. Specially seeing the end death count for the years of attacks.

Well now I get the opportunity of founding a new hold for the glory of dwarf kind Karak Dharkhangron, the hold of the dark deeps. Lets see if this one lasts longer than Karak Egul.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:18:28 pm by Stronghammer »

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 28, 2013, 07:33:45 pm »

This is going to be awesome when all of the features are in place, not that it Isn't already pretty freaking awesome. Are the Chaos Gods planned at all?

And now for the part where I yell...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:16:45 pm by OmegaShadowcry »
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41