Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 107108 times)

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1
« Reply #585 on: March 02, 2015, 01:45:50 am »

Good news everyone i fixed the worldgen issues default worldgen now works and i have added back in the default advanced worldgen's. I also updated all civilization races with the changes i mentioned in my previous post, i haven't gotten around to updating all the creatures with new the gaits, i'll try and do that for the next update.

1.5.1 update here:

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

jboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 29, 2015, 09:09:05 am »

Is there a reason why i can only brew mead at my still? i have other plants for brewing but im only given the option to make mead.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 29, 2015, 02:23:58 pm »

Is there a reason why i can only brew mead at my still? i have other plants for brewing but im only given the option to make mead.
In the most recent DF update brewing drinks was seperated to brew drinks from plants and brew drink from fruits and both reactions now need to be added to civilizations causing a lot of problems with updating civilizations from old versions. Unfortunately there's no way to fix this in an already generated world, and you'll need to generate a new one.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

jboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 30, 2015, 12:00:16 pm »

Even when I create a new world it still only let's me grew mead. If you could tell me how to fix it I would have no problem creating a new world

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 30, 2015, 12:44:49 pm »

Hi there, been a big fan of dwarf fortress for three years. also been a big fan of games workshop stuff since i was a kid. Just one question, how do select the races when starting a fort. Also how many of them are playable. cheers.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 30, 2015, 05:17:24 pm »

Even when I create a new world it still only let's me grew mead. If you could tell me how to fix it I would have no problem creating a new world
I'll be writing this assuming you have no knowledge of modding to make sure you can understand. First you'll want to go the Dwarf Fortress folder. From there open the folder called raw, and then the folder called objects. If you scroll down there will be several file names that start with "entity_" then have the name of one of the civilizations from this mod after it. You need to open the file of whichever civilization you want to edit, so any playable ones, I'm not sure which those are I haven't played this mod I've just downloaded it and looked at it. I just took a brief look now, and dwarves, elves, humans, goblins, and kobolds are all in entity_standard, and they all are correct already so you won't need to fix those. The next step is to copy the next two lines
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT]
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT_GROWTH]
as you'll need to paste them soon. Now you should be able to just paste those lines anywhere under the "[ENTITY:WHATEVER THE ENTITY NAME IS HERE]" line.If you want it to look neat and be in the same place as in the vanilla files you can look for the line [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_WAX_CRAFTS] and the line [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_MEAD] and paste it inbetween those, but that's not necessary. After that any new worlds you generate should allow the civ you pasted that line into to properly brew plants.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 30, 2015, 05:25:10 pm »

Hi there, been a big fan of dwarf fortress for three years. also been a big fan of games workshop stuff since i was a kid. Just one question, how do select the races when starting a fort. Also how many of them are playable. cheers.
To select race when starting a fort you need to be on the choose embark location screen and press tab. The first time should toggle that site information window to a neighbors window (if it doesn't try pressing tab a few more times I don't remember the exact amount, I just think it's one). On there the top race listed is the one you're currently about to embark as. To change it press tab a few more times until you get a list of names, all of which are names of different civilizations in the world. Use the - and + keys to change the civilization you're embarking as. However, on that screen you can't see what race that civilization is, so you'll need to press tab until you get back to the neighbors screen and check there. Repeat this process going through the list of civilizations until you find one you want. As I said in my previous post I haven't played this mod, just looked at its raws, but from the looks of it all races are playable, but I don't know how feature-complete they'll be. Some might be pretty much completely unplayable even though you're able to embark with them, but it would be difficult to figure out exactly what is missing from each one without trying them.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 31, 2015, 12:39:06 pm »

Thank you for your help buddy. much appreciated. take care.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 03, 2015, 01:33:44 pm »

I have to say this mod is very cool. it would be amazing if this ever got updated to 2.4.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 11, 2015, 05:53:51 pm »

Are there no WARHAMMER fans, who have modding skills and want to upgrade this mod, possibly even improve and expand it? with the creator's permission though, of course.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 16, 2015, 08:14:22 pm »

If i had any skill at modding, i would try and make this mod myself.SIGH.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 16, 2015, 11:37:04 pm »

If i had any skill at modding, i would try and make this mod myself.SIGH.

Noone knows how to mod until they start! 

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 17, 2015, 04:12:53 pm »

I guess you are right buddy. ps, may i say that your 'Orc Fortress' mod for the Old masterwork fortress was a super awesome mod. I have had a lot of fun playing around with quite a few Orc fotresses and i love their overall theme. So i take my hat of to you sir.I am also looking forward to see how the orcs turn out for masterwork reborn (yayyyyyy). ps, the taiga orcs are very similar Warhammer orcs, being massive fans of fighting, conquering and raiding.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 17, 2015, 08:48:36 pm »

Oh, thanks!  i don't know too much about the fantasy part of WH universe, but I assume we have a lot of the same influences :)  If anyone is working on this mod they can feel free to borrow from Orc fortress of course.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41