Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 107124 times)

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1
« Reply #600 on: April 21, 2015, 08:52:14 am »

Long time ago, I tried to make an race based on the Necron army from 40k... was pretty overwhelming But I manage to do some stuff. Them I paused till the new version. But is pretty much a big effort to do it. And no one have patiente for explanations. Because my english is not pretty good.

I still have the files in my DF folder.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 21, 2015, 09:52:55 am »

well nekrons are cool but this mod is for warhammer not warhammer 40,000. Considering dwarf fortress is fantasy based and warhammer is fantasy based. Making a wahammer mod makes a lot of sense. I just wish some one with the modding know how and a passion for warhammer would volunteer to update and improve this mod. ps, snakemupagus, thanks for giving permision to borrow stuff from your orc mood, maybe someone will use some of that stuff one day to enhance this mod.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 26, 2015, 08:50:09 am »

I have noticed that Deathsword recently updated a 'elder scrolls' mod, which looks VERY COOL. i wonder if he could be persuaded to update this warhammer mod, to 4.24.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 30, 2015, 04:31:54 pm »

Are there still no warhammer fans with modding skills who want to update this mod? it seems a shame considering the warhammer has a nice fantasy mythology and lots of interesting races. skaven, chaos dwarfs, dark eleves, orcs, beastmen, multiple human factions, goblins, and loads of other factions. This mod could be so fricking awesome if it was updated and improved.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 30, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »

Are there still no warhammer fans with modding skills who want to update this mod? it seems a shame considering the warhammer has a nice fantasy mythology and lots of interesting races. skaven, chaos dwarfs, dark eleves, orcs, beastmen, multiple human factions, goblins, and loads of other factions. This mod could be so fricking awesome if it was updated and improved.
Alright, mcolombe, how about I tell you how to update the mod? I don't have much of an opinion of Warhammer, but updating from 34.11 to 40.24 should be pretty easy. First step is to copy the raw and data folders from the main dwarf fortress directory into a new version of Dwarf Fortress. The next thing is to search through the files in the objects folder in the raw folder, and compare them to the ones in a vanilla dwarf fortress, and if there's any files that contain basically the same thing, then just replace the old files with the new ones. I won't go to the next steps yet, I want to make sure you're okay with this and also it would be easier to solve potential problems if the instructions are given step by step.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 02, 2015, 03:17:11 pm »

if i was being brutally honest i am literally completely braindead when it comes to modding. though thanks for for advice vjmdhzgr. take it easy buddy.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 02, 2015, 09:43:24 pm »

if i was being brutally honest i am literally completely braindead when it comes to modding. though thanks for for advice vjmdhzgr. take it easy buddy.
The mod was updated to 40.24 just look at the previous page

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 03, 2015, 05:29:33 am »

ah maybe there has been confusion. i will start up a fort and see if it has all the 40.24 features. my apologies if i have made a mistake.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:32:29 am by mcolombe »

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 03, 2015, 05:36:19 am »

ah crikey, how daft can one man be. it is true, i should have just downloaded the latest version. it has been updated to version 40.24. MY BAD. Thanks for pointing that out Altivera. (runs away to hide under a rock as he is feeling foolish).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:01:05 am by mcolombe »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 03, 2015, 10:57:12 am »

ah crikey, how daft can one man be. it is true, i should have just downloaded the latest version. it has been updated to version 40.24. MY BAD. Thanks for pointing that out Altivera. (runs away to hide under a rock as he is feeling foolish).
There is one thing that was missing from the update that I made a post on how to correct on the last page. I'm surprised I managed to forget making that post and didn't realize myself the mod was updated.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 03, 2015, 03:51:45 pm »

Yes, when i started up a beastman fortress, i could not brew any booze buy, so i used the info you made aivailable and pasted a few things into the raws to fix that. thanks for the help with that.

MiguelMO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 02, 2018, 01:36:01 pm »

Any plans to revive this mod? It would be pretty cool to continue the developement.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 22, 2023, 12:59:11 pm »

Don't mind me, im reminiscing about the times when the modding community worked together with purpose. Sorry if i've upset anybody with the necro.

Its interesting to mention that no less than 2 mods on the steam workshop for steam graphical v.50 already exist featuring warhammer lizardmen (in some iteration) at the top of the popularity list with some more races in the works by one of the content creator's, the game is so fundamentally different now i wonder how any of the old Warhammer mods would even run in the eccentric playstyles of each race on steam.

Of course much like the Long Night, you could play a upcycled and updated version of any edition of the warhammer mods in ascii mode still without the need for graphics.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]