Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: "Specialsurprise", The Medical Experiment - For SCIENCE!  (Read 57899 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Re: "Specialsurprise", The Medical Experiment - For SCIENCE!
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2011, 05:33:58 pm »

Is skill rot off? Otherwise there's no way Morul II will be as awesome as Morul I. Just saying.

Edit: Also, didn't read the whole thing yet, but if a creature falls on another living creature it takes no damage, but both are knocked out for a bit. I suspect that the cat landed on one of the others that was bleeding out.

Skill rust is off for both Morul II's and Dr. Logum's save files.  And as for Subject 2.75 (The Kitten), it couldn't have landed on either Subject 2 (The dwarf) or Subject 2.5 (The puppy), as they didn't get the chance to bleed out - they died as soon as they landed.  It said "Subject 2 has died from colliding with an obstacle". 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:35:46 pm by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2011, 05:38:21 pm »

Is skill rot off? Otherwise there's no way Morul II will be as awesome as Morul I. Just saying.

Edit: Also, didn't read the whole thing yet, but if a creature falls on another living creature it takes no damage, but both are knocked out for a bit. I suspect that the cat landed on one of the others that was bleeding out.

Skill rust is off for both Morul II's and Dr. Logum's save files.  And as for Subject 2.75 (The Kitten), it couldn't have landed on either Subject 2 (The dwarf) or Subject 2.5 (The puppy), as they didn't get the chance to bleed out - they died as soon as they landed.  It said "Subject 2 has died from colliding with an obstacle".
The cat obviously used its telekinetic powers to prevent any damage from being done, of course!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2011, 05:40:38 pm »

Does the bridge Raise or retract. If it raises(the bridge becomes a wall on one side), there's a good chance it could launch objects and creatures the way it raises, especially light ones like pets.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2011, 05:46:41 pm »

I think you should be studying what extra organs Subject 2.75 has mutated since his first pet died, instead of how he manages to live.
Because quite obviously, that cat can levitate.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2011, 05:48:01 pm »

Nah they're all retractable ones.  I'm certain Subject 2.75 simply jumped off the platform before the dwarf could pull the lever up top (The supply fort is pulling the levers).  It did it twice.  A baby sheep also did it.  Its a minor fluke in the design. 

I think you should be studying what extra organs Subject 2.75 has mutated since his first pet died, instead of how he manages to live.
Because quite obviously, that cat can levitate.

Levitation through the expelling of gasses from the rear exhaust pipe?  I knew I shouldn't have let Subject 2 and 12 feed the thing that slightly glowing cat food..

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:52:57 pm by Crustypeanut »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2011, 05:52:14 pm »

Is there room to place doors that you can then lock? I also read the whole thread before my last post. I like it.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2011, 05:53:16 pm »

+1 If you construct the whole testing area and hospital out of billon/light grey stone w. white furniture/bridges.

And make the lever-puller a dwarf sealed in a room with no contact to the outside world - Genetic Lifeform and Dwarf Operating System.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »

Is there room to place doors that you can then lock? I also read the whole thread before my last post. I like it.

No.. thats the exact flaw in the design I mentioned.  XD  Oh well, the flaw is only for pets, as dwarves stay nicely in their burrows.  I suppose I could pasture the pets there, but its not necessary for the experiment at large.

+1 If you construct the whole testing area and hospital out of billon/light grey stone w. white furniture/bridges.

And make the lever-puller a dwarf sealed in a room with no contact to the outside world - Genetic Lifeform and Dwarf Operating System.

I like the idea, but sadly the fort's already built.. and I don't have any silver/copper for such a project.  Plus my only stone I've seen is sandstone o.O  Granted I haven't hit the caverns, but I don't want the supply fort to be overgrown in moss, shrubs, and giant mushrooms. 

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2011, 07:21:25 pm »

Journal of Dr. Logum, Ph.Dwarf, Chief Medical Officer of Ganadstot, “Specialsurprise”

The fifth phase of testing will begin almost immediately after the fourth has finished.  For this phase, we will be more accurately testing the casualty rate of a third story drop by dropping five subjects at once, two times. 

Subject 9 has been quiet lately.  Its probably due to the unhealthy amount of tranquilizer Nurse Helene has been giving her, after it complained about Nurse Helene's children playing in the blood and gore, playing Dress Up The Half Emaciated Lamb with the leftover clothing.  Subject 11.5 is the lamb mentioned. Ever since it's master died, it's been loafing around the pad.  I don't expect it to last much longer.  There's no grass down here.  No moss, no fungus either.  Just cold hard sandstone.  It makes for a perfect landing pad, the sandstone does. 

--------------------------------------------------

Subject 17: Female, approx. 68 years, very muscular – Special Note: Wife of Subject 19
Subject 18: Male, approx. 79 years, average
Subject 19: Male, approx. 84 years, scrawny – Special Note: Husband of Subject 17
Subject 20: Female, approx. 83 years, incredibly skinny
Subject 21: Male, approx. 54 years, average

Test: Three Story Drop, all at once

Results:
Subject 17: Left Upper Leg bruised and broken, lower body and stomach bruised

Subject 18: Left Lower Leg bruised and broken, Right Hand bruised and broken, Right Upper Leg bruised and broken, Right Lower Arm bruised and broken

Subject 19: Right Upper Leg bruised and broken, Left Lower Arm bruised and broken, Left Upper Leg bruised and broken, lower body, head, and left kidney bruised, Upper Spine broken

Subject 20: Right Hand bruised and broken, Right Ear bruised and broken, Right Lower Arm bruised and broken, Right Lower Leg bruised and broken, Right Upper Leg bruised and broken, Lower Body, Upper body, Spleen, and Liver bruised

Subject 21: Right Upper Leg bruised and broken, Lower Body, Upper Body, Stomach, Head, and Throat bruised, Upper Spine broken, Left Floating Rib broken

Treatment: Subjects 19 and 21 not applicable.  Suffocated due to upper spinal injuries shortly after impact.

Subject 17: Upper Left Leg requires dressing, suturing, setting, and immobilization

Subject 18: Right Lower Arm, Right Hand, Right Upper Leg, Left Lower Leg require dressing, suturing, setting, and immobilization

Subject 20: Lower Right arm, Right Hand, Right Upper Leg, Right Lower Leg require dressing, suturing, setting, and immobilization

Notes: All five subjects survived impact, although two expired shortly afterward.  That is a One-Hundred percent survival rate for this test, nearly exactly opposite of Phase Four testing.  Two more tests similar to this one will be preformed, using ten randomly chosen subjects. 

All test subjects landed separately from one another, thus I believe there was no contamination from the multiple test subjects. 

Also, Subject 17 is seemingly unaffected at the loss of it's husband during the test.  All three surviving subjects are up and headed back to their quarters.

---
Subject 22: Male, approx. 81 years, average – Special Note: Asleep during Launch
Subject 23: Male, approx. 52 years, short and skinny
Subject 24: Female, approx. 74 years, weak
Subject 25: Male, approx. 81 years, skinny – Special Note: Asleep during Launch
Subject 26: Male, approx 65 years, average

Test: Three Story Drop, all at once

Results:
Subject 22: Left Hand bruised and broken, Left Upper Leg bruised and broken, Right Lower Leg bruised and broken, Lower Body, Upper Body, and Pancreas bruised, Middle Spine broken.

Subject 23: Left Upper Leg bruised and broken, Right Lower Arm bruised and broken, Right Upper Leg bruised and broken, Right Upper Arm bruised and broken, Right Lower Leg bruised and broken, Lower Body, Upper Body, and Pancreas bruised, Right False Rib broken.

Subject 24: Second Finger Right Hand bruised, broken, and smashed open, Right Foot bruised and broken, Right Hand bruised and broken, Lower Left Leg bruised and broken, Upper Body and Liver bruised.

Subject 25: Right Hand Bruised and broken, Left Upper Leg bruised and broken, Lower Spine, Left Lung, Left True Rib broken.

Subject 26: Left Upper Leg bruised and broken, Left Lower leg bruised and broken.

Treatment: Subject 22 not applicable.  Suffocated shortly after landing, due to middle spinal injury.

Subject 23: Right Upper Arm, Right Lower Arm, Right Upper Leg, Right Lower Leg, Left Upper leg require dressing, suturing, setting, and immobilization.  Right False Rib requires dressing, suturing, and setting.

Subject 24: Died from thirst before ti could be operated on.  Never was diagnosed, fed, or given water. 

Subject 25: Right Hand and Left Upper Leg require dressing, suturing, setting, and immobilization.  Left Lung, Lower Spine, and Left True Rib require dressing, suturing, and surgery.  Lower Spine and Left True Rib also require setting.

Subject 26: Left Upper and Left Lower Leg require dressing, suturing, setting, and immobilization.

Notes:   Caught Nurse Helene high on off the tranquilizer drugs she oft gave Subject 9.  She wasn't completely out of it, but enough to not do her duty.  Nurse Emma was busy On Break, Sleeping, Eating, or Drinking to be bothered to give water to Subject 24.

------------------------

Like the last test, no subjects expired immediately upon impact.  One expired shortly after due to spinal injury, and another expired later due to failure of the medical system.  There is only so long an injured test subject can go without liquids.  Nurse Emma has been given tranquilizer duty, while Nurse Helene was reprimanded, though is of course allowed to keep her job.  Perhaps once her children grow up, I can make use of them as assistants or additional nurses. 

Initially, three tests were going to be done, but these two past tests have shown that the phase four testing's results were a fluke, as no subjects expired upon immediate impact this time.  Of the fifteen total tested these past two phases, three died immediately, four shortly after due to injuries, while the remaining eight survived.  Except for one, who died of complications completely unrelated to injuries.

The sixth phase of testing will commence in the coming weeks, and will see five randomly chosen test subjects dropped at varying heights beginning at ten stories and working their way down until one survives or until all five have been tested.

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2011, 10:47:17 pm »

I believe that subject 9 may need some special attention, his next fall should have him land on a traction bed with a table and surgical tools nearby so he can fix  himself, since that is obviously what he demands.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2011, 01:08:46 am »

If only you could make Subject 9 stronger, faster, better...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2011, 03:55:00 am »

If only you could make Subject 9 stronger, faster, better...

We have the technology,  we just don't want to spend a lot of money...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2011, 05:30:46 am »

six million coins, engraved with the image of Subject 9...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2011, 08:03:38 am »

Ah man if only we could mod in things like implants and stuff.. would be a great way to get Dr. Logum's surgery skill up.  >:)

Btw, Subject 9's a she.

Mr.Elendig

• Bay Watcher
  • [TWISTED][INSANE][CANT_SPELL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2011, 08:37:30 am »

The other nurse, Helene, is large, round, and bald, with a bad temper.  Emma is constantly cheerful.. and also very clumsy.
I wish I could draw, because this whole tread, and specially the two nurses, are perfect manga material. Sort of like Franken Fran, just with less love and more insanity. (Specially when the new release comes and we get necromancy)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10