Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: New Space station 13 server. Red Dwarf, Don't be a smeg head! (NEW MAP)  (Read 48226 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: New Space station 13 server hopefully going up.
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 07:31:01 am »

Alright. I often thought about mapping, but I am not exactly sure how I go about setting it up. Does anyone have a quick link to a guide or anything like that?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 07:34:24 am »

Theres no fully indepth guides to mapping; to get started, you just download the TG source, and open it in DreamMaker, then just modifiy/create a new map.
The best way to learn is just to look at the included map, or failing that, ask somebody who's looked at the source.

http://tgstation13.servehttp.com/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_mapping Is useful as a checklist

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 08:16:01 am »

Willing to be a player if you need more lol , still need someone to teach me the basics though

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2011, 09:03:46 am »

I think the fist step would be to set up a forum some where. A place where we can make a coherient plan and order. First lets agree on a name. I suggest Red dwarf. Any other suggestions? Once the suggestions are done and a name is agreed on I'll go set up the forums.
I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 09:08:39 am »

Er... http://ss13.googolplexed.net

Also hosting a prototype/testing server for now at byond://ss13.googolplexed.net:1500

Theres some discussion on the forums about what we want to do and the like

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 09:13:01 am »

Oops sorry, just woke up. My head isn't entirely on straight just yet. I need some breakfast. I hadn't checked the link yet. Herp derp.
I only play legends mode

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 09:14:38 am »

I'd be willing to do adminship. I have experience from the B12 server(for many years, I think I became an admin like in 2008, I'd have to check the original thread). Though I'm a little bored with SS13, I'm sure I'll be around semi-often. Send me a message if you're interested in me being an admin. I was mostly loose, and I've never personally banned someone. It was either a kick or a warning of a ban. Never needed to go past that.

Red Dwarf sounds cool. I assume your going off of Red Dwarf Star?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 09:31:37 am »

It comes mostly from the Red Dwarf Tv show. And from as a play on word from Dwarf fortress.
Red dwarf goes well with ss13 because most of the show took place on a floating garbage can with no breaks and too much millage on it. Accompanied by a malf borg.
I only play legends mode

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: New Space station 13 server hopefully going up. Red Dwarf
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 09:34:17 am »

Im interested, I sent you a pm.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 09:40:35 am »

Well, nothing is really running just yet.
But I have no problems with it, this server isn't BS12, I don't see why ban histories should carry over

(This also includes you MagmaDeath/Rogunz/Whoever you are now)

BAN HE

jk.  :P
I only play legends mode

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 06:26:59 pm »

Well, starting work on updating that map

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 06:35:05 pm »

Hey guys is there a toturial on coding on byond I really want to help and I suck at coding.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 08:29:45 pm »

And trorbes old map is online

I've also got a git repo setup on github for coding purposes

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 09:02:20 pm »

Oh, how cute, it's a bunch of people who, in the past, had issues with the BS12 admins and/or game style, and feel they can do better, so they are all going to TRY to have a server with better RP than the others, but "less strict" guidelines. (And a bunch of unrelated people are taking interest in it, as well)

Good luck, I hope you manage to do well, but I expect that you'll find that it is very hard to be "less strict" without having issues with griefing, admin favouritism, arbitrary grudge bans, inter-admin flame wars over debated judgements... If you manage to survive the first months, you'll probably have a very nice server, that will develop it's own style and quirks, but at first there will be a very awkward period where a number of people who are admins have no idea what they are getting themselves into, with only "don't be those guys" and a grudge to give them any guidance of how to properly admin things.

Agh, this post isn't really communicating what I want it to communicate, and I don't see how to rewrite it to do so. Anyway, I wouldn't be at all surprised if any admins for this server who are primarily here because of a grudge against some BS12 admin or other will start to find an entirely surprising (to them) amount of sympathy and understanding, once they have to try to deal with being an admin themselves for a while... (Hint: admins get to play less than regular players, and have to spend more time in-game, as well. Otherwise, they are nothing more than an extremely overpowered wizard who has their powers every round, can extend their powers to preventing others from playing entirely, and nobody wants to play with as a result. And the rest of the server devolves into chaos without someone there to provide some semblance of order.)
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20