Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be in fortress mode or modding?

Modding
- 1 (4.2%)
DF Fortress Mode
- 15 (62.5%)
Community Games and Stories
- 8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: My little Necro: Fortress is Magma [Spoilers]  (Read 109942 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: My little Necro: Friendship is Magma
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2011, 04:04:16 pm »

Like the new look, Necro?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We'll make a brony of you yet.
Yes, I like it. Very much fits the role, too.

And also I'm slipping D:

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2011, 04:19:12 pm »

It's not all that bad, you know :P
You just have to live a lifestyle similarly to a vampire, hiding your true identity from the masses waiting to tear you limb from limb for daring to watch a glorified toy commercial :P

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »

Necro pointed laid out the schematics for the new magma furnaces in front of Bolt, "Place the orthoclase here, here, and here. The magma will pressurize through this tube once I pull the lever, so you'd better not be in the underbelly when I do."

"Yes, sir," Bolt said, as he began sculpting the rocks into place. Necro walked back out to the trade depot, and sat down on a rock of microcline. Ivor ran up to him and said, "Sir! Sir! New immigrants have arrived!"

"Excellent. Now we'll more people to haul this DAMN ORTHOCLASE! Now, do they have any skills?"

"Yes, the first one is a legendary cheesemaker, and has a very small bit of experience in record keeping."

"Good, he'll be a scribe."

"But sir he is a legendary-"

"I DON'T NEED ANY FUCKING CHEESE YOU BASTARD"

"*sob* O-Ok... Next up is a a fisherman. He was conscripted a few years back, so he knows how to fight on his own."

"Militia commander."

"..."

"NEXT!"

"... Next up we have a cook and farmer."

"Then he shall do just that."

"I'm surprised you didn't tell him to milk."

"You realize the magma floodgate is ready, right?"

"OH SHIT I'M SORRY OH GOD OH GOD"

"...Next."

"The next one is a master shearer, and a master dyer."

"Farmer."

"BUT HE DOESN'T EVEN... ah forget it. We have an administrator migrating here as the last in the wave, to escape the murderous bastards over at Beardriver. He used to be a miner, but then became a professional organizer. He should be a manager!"

"We could always use another miner..."

"*facehoof*

"Anything else to report?"

"No, sir..."

"Good, because I want you to tell the migrants to watch out for the badgers. I swear, these fucking things are everywhere! There's over fifteen of them lurking about! Just wait till we have the magma all the way ready, the bastards..."

Necro stood up and walked past the food stockpile, down the stairs, past the workshops, past the dormitory, and back to the forge. He looked at Ironsides preparing the smithy for business. Necro looked down the pit into the "underbelly" as he called it. The place where the magma fills to power the ironworks, and the might of his fist. Those beasts don't stand a chance...

Foul_Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2011, 05:03:21 pm »

Haha I actually Lol'd at "facehoof*. XD

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2011, 05:45:40 pm »

Posting to watch, obviously.

Why hasn't anybody notified me of this? Oh well, it doesn't seem I missed anything.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2011, 05:51:10 pm »

Posting to watch, obviously.

Why hasn't anybody notified me of this? Oh well, it doesn't seem I missed anything.
THE PONY EMPIRE HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2011, 06:38:41 pm »

Necro sat in his barren living area, looking at all the leftover boulders and stones. His desk would be in the center of the room, so he would face the door. His bedroom was directly attached in the back, and was a nice oak bed. It wasn't exactly glamorous, but that didn't matter. Ol' Joey burst in through the empty door frame,
"Sir! Sir! Dusty has just become a legendary miner! He's smashing through the olivine faster than we can run to him!"

"Grand, grand. You two will be needing your skills once we are approaching the final stage of our quest."

"Aye, I just hope we're not ambushed down there..."

"Don't worry. I may be a sociopath, but I'm not an idiot. We'll have patrols cleaning up the place."

"Thank you, thank you sir!"

"Now, get out of my site and get back to digging."

"Yes, sir..."

Ol' Joey trotted away, carrying his pick on his belt. Necro came outside to the old wagon to talk to the mason. He was working casually at fortifying the area, as he was told.

"Bolt!"

"Yes?"

"I need you to manufacture some trading goods. Make some stone mugs, the caravan will be here in about a month, maybe a month in a half."

"But sir, the badgers..."

"Ironsides is making copper weaponry as we speak. One of the immigrants brought a crossbow, so he can make some bolts if we need some range."

"Fine. I'll go make some mugs..."

"Good. Now go."

Ironsides worked away smelting the mountains of copper found while digging our fortress. The plan was to have an army of ponies armed with the best axes around, as to sever the limbs of the wretched. The magma obsoleted coal, as it provided us with infinite heat. So the wood can be used to provide more beds in the barracks and dorm. And so begins the forging of an army...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2011, 06:40:31 pm »

This thread: bookmarked.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2011, 07:28:03 pm »

You're doing it wrong. Make mechanisms; they're more valuable than mugs and train mechanics while you're at it, as opposed to the useless stonecrafting.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2011, 07:55:19 pm »

You're doing it wrong. Make mechanisms; they're more valuable than mugs and train mechanics while you're at it, as opposed to the useless stonecrafting.
Well, the fortress WAS given the name "Machineblood"  ;D

Alrighty then, LET US DO MACHINERATIONYASTUFF!

EDIT:

This thread: bookmarked.
Thank you, dear sir.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2011, 08:12:52 pm »

The muskox and water buffalo that the monarch provided were getting in the way, so Necro did what came naturally. He threw them into the volcano. The burning, boiling flesh tickled his nose, it reminded him of home. The dying gasps of the cattle eventually faded, leaving nothing but some molten bone sinking to the magma sea. Dusty looked up at Necro's fascination, and vomited a little in his mouth. Necro would need to fire a creature incapable of swimming into the volcano in order to scout the magma see before they began excavation, but that shall come later. Necro came down to Bolt, working away at the mugs, and ordered him to practice his machinery skills by manufacturing gears. Bolt was getting worried at the constant change of orders, but he complied without a word. Bolt walked down the hall to the mechanic's shop and began chiseling away at the orthoclase. Necro continued his rounds. They recieved some new immigrants, most of which were completely useless. They were assigned to smelt and farm. Necro know they wouldn't bring up as many crops per seed, but the absolute amount of food gained would be greater. All was working to plan.

Stoutpants

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
    • View Profile
    • Drunk Fortress!
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2011, 08:39:53 pm »

This is great stuff! Keep it up.
Follow my Drunk Fortress here!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2011, 09:25:59 pm »

This is great stuff! Keep it up.
Thank you, thank you. *bows*

I will go eat dinner soon, so I won't be PONY-ING for about a half hour. I may post another one before, but that's if I feel like it  :P

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2011, 09:35:13 pm »

The well was dug, and the pond was ready to be drained. Dusty smacked the ceiling, and bolted. Dusty escaped and was unharmed, and the floodgate was sealed. However, Dusty felt like DIVING INTO THE WELL, so she did. She then realized that noone knew she was down there, so she was stuck hungry for a few days in the neck chest deep water. Necro noticed she was stuck down there while passing by, and told her to mine her way out. She got out, and the water was still intact! She was then informed of a small exposed vein of hematite near the peak, so she filled up, and moved out. It wasn't that big of a vein, only ten chunks of iron were recovered, but it was a start. Now the traps could be built, and more armor could be made. The caravan shall come soon, so goods were made to greet the first traders to come to the fortress. Meanwhile, Ironsides forged a towering golden statue of a dragon striking down the hero of the Buffalo people. Necro saw it, and had it placed behind his desk. All who enter his office, will see a massive gold dragon tearing the throat out of the hero.

All shall fear Necro, leader of Machineblood! HOOVES FOR THE HOOF THRONE!

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2011, 09:48:09 pm »

So far, it's a million times better than My Little Pony could ever be.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38