Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Pseudorevival! Combat tests!  (Read 34698 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Eleventh Turn
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2011, 01:13:06 pm »

Just kill the banshee! Get three of my men to focus fire on it.

While we take care of the banshee, get the chimera to continue firing.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2011, 04:50:37 pm »

Ashley decided that the vypers were most likely attacking what they saw as targets of oportunity, some "reinforcements" might make them think differently, as such she attempts to make the vyper pilots see 4 new valkeries attacking out of the sun
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2011, 07:30:53 am »

Konstanz decides to try to make the first Vyper's pilot think up is down and down is up.
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2011, 10:31:52 am »

Campaign I: Saduk - Eleventh Turn

Ashley Malkus and Konstanz Scriptor
Ashley decided that the vypers were most likely attacking what they saw as targets of oportunity, some "reinforcements" might make them think differently, as such she attempts to make the vyper pilots see 4 new valkeries attacking out of the sun
Konstanz decides to try to make the first Vyper's pilot think up is down and down is up.

Seeing the two Eldar craft approach, the two battle-psykers decide to act. [Focuses:6+1=6/3+1=4][Controls:1+1=2/1+1=2][Power:5+2=6/2] They summon forth great powers, but their abrupt escapes from their warp-forms earlier is still affecting them. What seems like a safe amount of psychic power, far from the full extent of their mental strenght soon spills into something much greater.

[Dodges:1/5] Konstanz manages to protect himself against the forces that have so abruptly turned against him, but Malkus is not so lucky. She faces the full brunt of her own blow.

Ashley screams, seeing what no-one else sees. The Farseer is back, hovering in the air just beside the Valkyrie. When Ashley looks at him, he smiles. Ashley feels psychic constraints slam into place around her, forbidding her any movement, any senses, any thought. A terrifying coldness begins to creep into Ashley's heart - the coldness of the Warp, she knows. There's a rotten stench in the air. Her last vision is a squad of Warp Spiders appearing onboard their Valkyrie, turning their weapons on the unexpecting crew. She can hear Konstanz's dying screams even in her comatose state.

Outside the hallucinating psyker's mind, the longer-ranged Vypers open fire. [CRs:3/4] Two streaks of white-hot energy are drawn across the sky, [Dodges:6+1=6/6+1=6] passing between the evading Valkyries. The tank killer is not really fit for aerial combat. [Dodge:4+1=5/5+1=6] Their shuriken volleys aren't much more accurate.

[CRs:1+1=2/4+1=5/5+1=6/6+1=6] 'Monster Two' waits for the Eldar to come closer, but her sister craft opens up with everything she's got. [Dodges:3+2=5/1+2=3/6+2=6] With the amount of fire in the air some shots are guaranteed, and so one of the Heavy Bolters manages glancing hits on the second Vyper. [Damage:111-42=69] Miniature explosions dance up its hull, bursts of black smoke and flames rising up into the air and throwing it heavily off-course. It doesn't even try to correct its course, veering away to turn back towards where it came from. Looks like its pilot has had enough.

[1] The other still comes on undaunted.

Allies
Valkyrie 'Monster Two' at 500/500 HP with Multilaser [6/6] and Hellstrike Missiles [2/2], banking right to face the Vypers. Disciplined.
Valkyrie at 500/500 HP with Multilaser [6/6], Hellstrike Missiles [2/2], Heavy Bolter [8/8], Heavy Bolter [8/8], following Monster Two. Disciplined.

Enemies
1 Eldar Vyper with Brightlance [1/2] and 2 Shuriken Catapults [7/8], approaching from the south. Fast Speeder
1 Eldar Vyper at 11/80 HP with Brightlance [1/2] and 2 Shuriken Catapults [7/8], turning back. Fast Speeder

Spoiler: scriver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Sergeant Grygur Urugur and Sergeant Micelus Abbar
"Damn you Hellhound! I said fire, for the Emperor, or we're finished! Burn those Xenos scum! Come on men, let's finish these puny bastards off!"

Order Hellhound to Focus Fire on the Banshees. Continue our melee, hopefully again awesomely inspiring my men, if necessary employing the "thrust sword two-handed through Xenos chest with forward step before withdrawing sword from chest, and raising it above head as you turn for overhead cut on the forward step of a 180 degree turn to split the head of the Xenos behind" kata. Hope Cloah continues fighting and doesn't get too burnt.
Just kill the banshee! Get three of my men to focus fire on it.

While we take care of the banshee, get the chimera to continue firing.

Spurred on by Sergeant Urugur's curse-encouragements, [Tactic: Focus Fire][Leadership:6-1=5] the Hellhound crew scramble to fix their weapons on their targets. This takes time, [3+2=5] time that allows the Eldar to finally break down the wall and join their comrade inside. Unfortunately for them, any cover the wall would've allowed is also negated in the process. [CRs:6/2][Dodge:4] The Chimera fires at them as they run, but the Multilaser misses once again and they escape inside.

[CR:6+1=6] Then the Hellhound fires, a massive cloud of fire engulfing the entire left side of the farmstead in its grasp. [Dodges:6-2=4/4-2=2/3/3/2/6/1] The Banshees are not the only ones trapped inside, with the Inferno burst swallowing all but one of the Guardsmen as well. [Dodge:3-2=1][Damage:120+42=162] The Heavy Bolter catches the would-be escaper with a perfectly-aimed volley that shatters her skull.

[Eldar Damages:72/102-36=66] The two other Eldar are burnt to cinder, but the flames still continue rolling on, [Guardsmen Damages:76-36=40/114/38+36=74] killing Cloah and two of Abbar's Guardsmen. The third is left alone, slumping against the wall in terror.

On the other side of the farmstead, [CRs:1+1=2/1+1=2/6+1=6/2+1=3/4+1=5] the fierce close quarters battle still rages on. [Dodges:5/2/5] After Dusinin's Eldar opponent blocks all of his strikes and kicks him away, Trooper Masiq steps in, shouting a customary challenge that only seems to confuse the Eldar. He takes up a dueling position. The Eldar leaps forward to kill the idiotic human, [Damage:10] but is stopped short by Masiq stepping to the side and plunging his blade through the xenos' skull in one smooth move. The Eldar's momentum carries him across the room, even with half of his skull missing. Unfortunately, 'Three-Cogs' is also the only one to inflict any sort of damage on his opponent.

[CRs:5+1=6/5+1=6][Dodges:5/5] Despite this, the Guardsmen are on the offensive, driving the Eldar towards the door and ridding them of most chances to strike back. When such a chance shows, though, [CRs:2+1=3/4+1=5][Dodges:1/6] the effect is devastating. Barat, the third fighter, is thrown back by a blow [Damage:8] that breaks apart his ribcage and leaves him holding his sides on the floor. [CRs:2+1=3/5+1=6] Proving himself a determinator worthy of Cloah, he gets up and charges back into the fray. [Dodges:2/2][Damages:4/10] He kills his opponent, while Dusinin finally lands a blow on the elusive final Guardian. While he isn't down, Dusinin kicks him far away for Abbar's squad to fire.

[CRs:All Passed] Their volleys [Dodges:4/6/4/2] miss but for one, leaving Urugur's men staring in disbelief. The one man who hits [Damage:16] deals a considerable amount of damage in any case.

Enemies
1 Eldar Guardian at 10/30 HP with Shuriken Catapult and Combat Blade, fighting the lower-building Guardsmen, Close Range. Disciplined.

Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)
Deathspear Squad
1 Guardsman at 23/25 HP with Lasgun [6/6] and Combat Knife, fighting the Guardians. Disciplined
1 Guardsman at 2/25 HP with Lasgun [4/6] and Combat Knife, fighting the Guardians. Disciplined
2 Guardsmen with Lasguns [1/6] and Combat Knives, fighting the Guardians Disciplined
1 Hellhound at HP 550/650 with Inferno Cannon [0/3] and Heavy Bolter [3/8], rolling down the left side of the farmstead.

Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)
Talons of Bryndis Squad
2 Guardsmen with Lasguns [4/6] and Combat Knives, in the lower part of the farmhouse, fighting the Guardians. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Lasgun [3/6] and Combat Knife, in the lower part of the farmhouse, fighting the Guardians. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Lasgun [5/6] and Combat Knife, fighting the Banshee at the left side. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Melta Gun [1/1] and Combat Knife, in the lower part of the farmhouse, fighting the Guardians. Disciplined
1 Chimera at 397/500 with Multi-laser [2/6] and Heavy Bolter [5/8], rolling down the left side of the farmstead.

---

Wolfchild, you don't actually have to wait 5 turns. With a good roll, you can snap out of it already.

Squad leaders - interestingly enough, I first forgot the actual effects of Focus Fire, so I had to rewrite the banshee situation. The first version may have been better - they were driven away from the wall and only one Guardsman died. I guess this was better for a quick end to the fight. I also forgot the Heavy Bolter first, so one of the Eldar actually survived first. Can you tell I'm doing this while tired?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Twelfth Turn
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2011, 10:50:40 am »

Oh whoops. Sorry about that. Bother.

Urugur stares in disbelief as the far end of the farm house disappears in flames and shrieks. His squad continue the melee to finish off the last Eldar, and then in pairs make sure the rest of the farmhouse is secure.

"Hellhound? Circle the building; secure the perimeter. Engage with full effect on any surviving Xenos you come across."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2011, 02:22:31 pm »

Battle Honours: 1 Leman Russ Executioner, 1 Leman Russ Punisher.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2011, 04:40:10 pm »

Oh well, call me on turn 16
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2011, 12:46:00 am »

((I'm so confused. It says I lost men, but I still have six.))

Abbar was in confusion at the events that had transpired. Flame had engulfed nearly half of the building and a few of the guardsmen, fortunately most of the eldar were dead and rotting as well. Thank the machine spirits and the Emperor!

But the battle was not done yet; there was still eldar to combat.

Shoot at the remaining eldar and send 4 of my men to check the farmhouse for remaining eldar. If all is safe, send 3 men on the chimera to scout out further.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2011, 04:49:04 am »

Try to make the still oncoming Vyper's pilot think his guts are outside his body.

Ehe, I have no imagination today ;)
Love, scriver~

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2011, 04:55:41 am »

Try to make the still oncoming Vyper's pilot think his guts are outside his body.

Ehe, I have no imagination today ;)

Make him think that his soulstone is damaged and if he dies it won't save his soul from Slaanesh.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2011, 06:06:42 am »

((I'm so confused. It says I lost men, but I still have six.))

My eyes see five, but that's (I... think?) still too many. It appears you may have received magical reinforcements at some point, no doubt mass hallucinations caused by your Chaos taint. Good that you notified me, I'll make sure to keep the number of your men as low as possible in the future.

Oh well, call me on turn 16

Nah, this is most likely the last turn in this Battle. You'll wake up automatically once it ends.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:09:23 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2011, 07:56:27 am »

Oh well then I guess I will look over the battle honours, will probably go for +1 control (after that last roll) and +1 power

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2011, 09:25:35 am »

Do remember you can get Equipment as well. Just because you've basically been a remote artillery battery this turn doesn't mean you won't be seeing ground combat.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2011, 04:34:34 pm »

I said probably

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2011, 09:03:15 am »

Campaign I: Saduk - Thirteenth Turn

Ashley Malkus and Konstanz Scriptor

With Malkus incapacited, it falls to Konstanz to deal with the Eldar threat. He draws again on his powers, wary not to cross his limits again. [Focus:6+1=6][Control:6+1=6][Power:1+3-1=3] Rather than try an outright attack, the psyker attempts to be subtle. He manipulates the xenos' mind, [2] who is momentarily confused and nauseated by vivid hallucinations. He fails to fire his weapons at the Valkyries.

[CRs:5+1=6/5+1=6/4+1=5/6+1=6] The Imperial craft open fire with everything they've got. [Dodges:5+2=6/5+2=6/1+2=3/1+2=3] The Vyper is hit hard by concentrated Heavy Bolter fire, [Damages:87-42=45/43-42=1], suffering similar damage as its sister craft. That and the obvious psychic influence is too much for him, and the Eldar pilot turns his nimble craft away, quickly dropping down below the treeline. The Valkyries don't bother with attempting a chase.

[3] They continue circling around Regun for a few minutes, performing scans and recording pict-feeds of the situation below. It seems the town has been completely overrun by Eldar. It's hard to tell, but they appear to be building fortifications and defenses around it, unusual for these xenos.

Satisfied, the Valkyries return to Calhose. The Lord-Commander is no doubt interested in their findings and the psykers' testimony. The sun is quickly falling beneath the horizon, and the fighting has died down almost universally. The Imperial commanders stabilize their lines and begin planning for their next move, the chaos of the original surprise attack long gone.

Spoiler: scriver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Sergeant Grygur Urugur and Sergeant Micelus Abbar
Urugur stares in disbelief as the far end of the farm house disappears in flames and shrieks. His squad continue the melee to finish off the last Eldar, and then in pairs make sure the rest of the farmhouse is secure.

"Hellhound? Circle the building; secure the perimeter. Engage with full effect on any surviving Xenos you come across."

Abbar was in confusion at the events that had transpired. Flame had engulfed nearly half of the building and a few of the guardsmen, fortunately most of the eldar were dead and rotting as well. Thank the machine spirits and the Emperor!

But the battle was not done yet; there was still eldar to combat.

Shoot at the remaining eldar and send 4 of my men to check the farmhouse for remaining eldar. If all is safe, send 3 men on the chimera to scout out further.

[CRs:1+1=2/2+1=3/3+1=4/5+1=6/2+1=3] Hammered from all sides by Deathspear Squad, [Dodges:1/5/4/3][Damages:4+3=7/8-3=4=11] the Eldar doesn't last long. It deflects, dodges and parries blows by Masiq and Barat, but a literal knee-breaking kick from Dusinin, followed by a knife through the skull proves the creature's end. It falls, to silence at last.

For the next ten minutes, the two squads move out, secure the perimeter and gather up the corpses of their squadmates. Reinforcements arrive soon afterwards, and Gasoon relieves the two sergeants from combat duty for the remaining day. They begin their slow ride back to the camp, which is fast turning into a mess of barbed wire, gun nests and crudely-constructed bunkers. The sergeants and their troops go on their ways, the battered support vehicles rolling over to the Mechanicum section for repairs and soothing of their machine spirits. Combat in general begins to die, with the Imperial lines stabilizing. The long work of getting an actually useful grasp of the situation begins.

Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)
Deathspear Squad
1 Guardsman at 23/25 HP with Lasgun [6/6] and Combat Knife, in Calhose. Disciplined
1 Guardsman at 2/25 HP with Lasgun [4/6] and Combat Knife, in Calhose. Disciplined
2 Guardsmen with Lasguns [1/6] and Combat Knives, in Calhose Disciplined
1 Hellhound at HP 550/650 with Inferno Cannon [0/3] and Heavy Bolter [3/8], in Calhose.

Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)
Talons of Bryndis Squad
2 Guardsmen with Lasguns [4/6] and Combat Knives, in Calhose. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Lasgun [3/6] and Combat Knife, in Calhose. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Lasgun [5/6] and Combat Knife, in Calhose. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Melta Gun [1/1] and Combat Knife, in Calhose. Disciplined
1 Chimera at 397/500 with Multi-laser [2/6] and Heavy Bolter [5/8], in Calhose.

Laric and Markon Joanos

Led by disappointed Stalos, the tanks of the 66th roll back home, a few sections left to scour the area of any remaining Eldar. It is unlikely the Eldar have a large section of armoured vehicles left after the battle of the fields, but they seem to have deployed in considerable force. No ships were ever spotted by the orbiting fleet, so they must've used their heretical Web-gates to move their troops here. While this means little to the average soldier, High Command is understandably quite worried about the fact.

The tanks are left in the 66th's camp in the tender care of the Mechanicum's priests, while the crews hold a quick service for the Old Hound's commander and crew at a local shrine.

---

Right, reposting Battle Honours next.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18