Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Pseudorevival! Combat tests!  (Read 34673 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Waiting list always open!
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 08:54:35 am »

I wonder what's taking scriver so long, even if he's using a phone. I'm pretty much waiting for him so I can finally get this game rolling.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 09:04:22 am »

I wonder what's taking scriver so long, even if he's using a phone. I'm pretty much waiting for him so I can finally get this game rolling.
I think his bio's just realllllllllllly long

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 09:09:56 am »

Well, I wouldn't mind if that was true, long bios are always nice. Now he's gone offline, though, worrying. I should probably just write everything up already in a word document.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 09:28:05 am »

Sorry, I got held up. I wish the bio was longer, but I felt I'd rather finish this quickly than spend more hours feeling something out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 11:15:52 am »

Campaign I: Saduk - First Turn

Ashley Malkus and Konstanz Scriptor

The local dignitaries and PDF men scatter and pull back in fear as the Psykers of the 320th Mechanized approach, led by Coazan, their grim-faced Overseer. They march up the stairs of Calhose Manor, joining the steady stream of Guard officers and Sadukian officials heading for the Manor's inner sanctum. Above their heads, servo-skulls trailing long tracts of parchment and little cherubs flash past, on their way to fulfill the wills of their masters. The parade will begin on the doors of the Manor, following the spiraling streets of the planetary capital and outside, where the tanks of the 66th Armoured will join them. It is the biggest event in years for this backwater agri-world.

The doors to the Inner Sanctum are open, but Coazan halts the three psykers under his guidance with a single gesture. 'You will only enter if summoned. You will only speak when spoken to.' Coazan says, turning on his heels and striding into the Sanctum before any of the three can answer.

They gaze around idly, the men and women in the hallway with them flinching any time their eyes meet. The corner of Saun's mouth keeps twitching, while the other two, Scriptor and Malkus, seem to follow invisible things around the room. Slowly but surely, the others flee the hallway, leaving the psykers to themselves. They wait for their Overseer, ignoring the raised voices in the inner sanctum.

Finally, Coazan appears again and leads them in. 'The Lord-Commander requires our assistance.'

They enter the crowded room, full of smoke and the hum of electronics. A holo-projected screen displaying Calhose and the surrounding area hangs above a large wooden table, with most of the people in the room crowded around it. Lord-Commander Alkanius is easy to spot, seeming to dominate the room by sheer force of personality. He looks up as Coazan and his psykers approach, accepting a drink from a passing servitor and downing it with one gulp.

'Come to show off your pet witches, then, Coazan? Very well, show me what they can do.'

Coazan nods and turns to the psykers, explaining quickly he needs you to locate a scout team that's gone missing somewhere south of the city. There are several ways they could attempt this, direct communication being one and simply exploring the area with their minds being another. Linking together into a Psychic Choir is possible, if most likely unnecessary.

Spoiler: scriver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Sergeant Grygur Urugur

A kilometre or so west of Calhose, Grygur Urugur and his squad enjoy the hospitality of an empty farmstead. Their Hellhound waits outside, engine still running, for them to finish their looting, which has just moved from the kitchens to the basement. The buildings sit hidden behind an overgrown hedge, which they drove their way through earlier. The parade isn't due to start for a few hours yet, so Grygor figured they had plenty of time to waste here.

[3] Trooper Vas joins Grygor just outside the farmstead, cleaning his sturdy Longlas with a smile. The marksman coughs politely when the sergeant doesn't immediately acknowledge him.

'With all due respect, sarge, shouldn't we be heading back by now? Menek will raise hell if he finds out we've sneaked out without permission.' he drawls, meeting Grygor's stare.

Before the sergeant can answer, however, the Hellhound pulls up next to them. The driver's head pops out of the top hatch.

'Urugur? We're picking up movement further up the road. Want us to check it out?'

Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)
Deathspear Squad
6 Guardsmen with Lasguns and Combat Knives, somewhere in the farmstead. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Longlas and Combat Knife, outside an empty farmstead. Disciplined
1 Hellhound with Inferno Cannon [3/3] and Heavy Bolter [8/8], near the empty farmstead.

Micelus Abbar

Sergeant Abbar moves through the mass of moving people, ignoring the eager shouts of traders and stall-owners. The lasgun slung over his shoulder should be enough to scare off any potential pickpockets, but he still keeps his eyes on the crowd. One can never be too careful. This is the market street of Calhose, full of activity now that the parade has brought so many people into the capital. As a Guardsman, he's a center of attention.

Abbar has left his squad resting at the barracks after a series of exercise - atleast, that's where they're supposed to be. They're free to do it all over again if he catches them outside. [4] His squad, mostly outfitted with lasguns, except for the Meltagun Micelus managed to negotiate from the Departmento Munitorium.

'Sergeant Abbar!' a familiar voice calls, and Micelus turns around to see Colonel Menek hurrying towards him. The giant of a man looks worried as he comes over to Abbar and places a hand on his shoulder. 'Sir!' Abbar says and salutes sharply.

'At ease, Abbar. I just want to talk.'

Micelus smiles, still wary, waiting for the colonel to continue. He does as expected after a while.

'So, what do you think about this situation, sergeant? Eager to get a taste of the glory?' he asks, referring to the soon-to-come battle against the greenskins.

Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)
Talons of Bryndis Squad
6 Guardsmen with Lasguns and Combat Knives, somewhere in the camp. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Melta Gun and Combat Knife, somewhere in the camp. Disciplined
1 Chimera with Multi-laser [6/6] and Heavy Bolter [8/8], somewhere in the camp.

Laric and Markon Joanos

A few kilometres outside Calhose, on a muddy field meant to serve as the place for the 66th Armoured's demonstration, part of the upcoming parade, a dozen tank commanders wait for something to do, smoking Lho-sticks and talking quietly. They've been here since morning, doing the last checks on their beloved Leman Russes.

Laric, commander of the Iron Cobra, a Leman Russ Exterminator, paces back and forth through the lines of battle tanks, fighting the urge to bang his head on the side of his tank. His crew watch with barely-hidden amusement from atop the Exterminator.

[2][6] He's mostly known for the absolutely horrible skills of his driver, Selop, which has made him the laughing stock of the regiment. [3] His sponsons have been outfitted with Plasma Cannons due to a fortunate mishap in the Munitorium, and together with the twin-linked Autocannons serving as the tank's main gun they make it an excellent tank hunter.

Markon Joanos, in turn, is staring off at his feet, trying to block out a local's endless ranting about his years in the PDF, despite the fact the old man has never seen actual combat or touched a combat vehicle. He lets his gaze wander over to his Destructum, [1][2] a rather ramshackle tank with several holes and weak points in the armor, which still haven't been fixed despite his complaints to the enginseers.

[2] His Battle Tank also carries two sponson-mounted Heavy Bolters in addition to the Battle Cannon and a third Heavy Bolter, and equipped to fight both armor and infantry.

'Say, are those part of your demonstration? Very real-looking things, I must admit!' the old man suddenly exclaims, pointing a wavering hand at the horizon. Markon turns to look and freezes. The horizon is crawling with vehicles, and despite the distance, their silhouttes mark them without doubt as Eldar grav-tanks.

'What the...' he starts. Shouts of panic and sharp commands are already echoing throughout the area, crews rushing to every direction possible. The xenos vehicles have appeared out of nowhere, suddenly warping into existance to the far edge of the fields. Markon pulls up his binoculars and studies the forms of the Eldar tanks, naming them from memory. Most of them appear to be Falcons and Fire Prisms, supported by the Eldar version of dreadnoughts, Wraithlords, and several squads of infantry.

His jaw drops, his brain finally registering that there is indeed a xenos army in the horizon. A crewman by the name of Ilias grabs him by the collar, speaking so quickly it's incomprehensible. Panic is clear on his face. Joanos shakes him off and orders him inside the tank. His mind is filled with options - should he just get inside the Destructum or call Command first, or rally the panicking tank crews? The same thoughts go through the mind of Laric as well.

Spoiler: Dsarker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EmoBiatch (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:04:25 pm by Digital Hellhound »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - First Turn
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2011, 12:26:01 pm »

Urugur answered the driver with a question of his own.

"Movement? What kind of movement? Nothing better than that?"

He figured it couldn't be anything much of a threat on this dump of a planet, but there was no chance taking risks. He shouted out an order for his men to regroup on him, and gave his orders.

Contact HQ on vehicle radio to see if they know anything about what it might be, and inform them of the detected movement. Two men to advance towards the movement's general area, rest of squad including longlas and sergeant to trail behind at a good covering fire distance, with the Hellhound. All squad to advance with reasonable caution and fire-readiness, but not too much, we're not meant to be in a warzone yet.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2011, 12:59:09 pm »

Yay waiting list!

Name: Zrk2

Position: Tank Commander

Tank/Squad Name: Armok's Fury

Vehicle: Normal Battle Tank

Background (optional): I shoot lots of stuff.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2011, 01:18:59 pm »

Not accepted. Give me a proper name, another tank name and a promise of playing seriously and you can get onto the waiting list.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2011, 01:37:19 pm »

Konstanz looked at the others, uncertain of what to choose. "I suppose I could try and contact them, while Malkus and Saun search the area", he said slowly. "In case I can't reach them. Will that do?"
Love, scriver~

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2011, 01:46:21 pm »

Go scriver you can do it die ! die ! die !

:)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2011, 02:31:51 pm »

Name: Zacharius

Tank/Squad Name: Arcandian Fury

Vehicle: Lehman Russ Battle Tank (I think I spelled it right)

Background (optional): I discovered the local lords son was a heretech, so he 'rewarded' me by getting me assign to the role of tank commander in this wonderful new regiment.

I promise to be as serious as a setting that runs purely on applied phlebotinum allows.

EDIT: Forgot to change tank name.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 02:34:06 pm by Zrk2 »
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2011, 02:35:35 pm »

"Sir, in all honesty, there is no glory in fighting green-skins. They're barely sentient and from what I've heard, they fight simply because its fun. I do understand what they're capable of but they're more of a disease needing to be cleansed and cured rather than a great foe."

There was no honour or greatness to the green-skins; they were a force of nature, animals in the general form of a man.

Micelus looked out to the crowds again and the merchant stalls. He had been like them before he joined the Guard.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:06:12 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Son_of_Orion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2011, 02:42:35 pm »

This looks solid. I love me some 40k. :D Stick me on the waiting list.

Name: Junia Katsaros

Tank/Squad Name: Hallowed Thunder

Vehicle: Leman Russ Battle Tank

Background: Junia is a young, green tank commander from Gamada. Born to a lower class family in one of the planet's hives, she joined the PDF as soon as she was of age in an attempt to escape a miserable life of poverty and crime. Of course, it wasn't much better; she, like her fellow PDF troops, was poorly equipped and trained. During her short time with the Defense Force, she found that she had a knack for controlling ground vehicles, but she could never use her skills to a full extent until she was drafted into the Imperial Guard and taken offworld. Luckily, her superiors noticed her skills with vehicles, so she received the proper training for commanding and controlling the Leman Russ Main Battle Tank. This lifted up her spirits immensely and gave her a sense of belonging that she'd never felt before in her entire life.

Due to her rough upbringing, Junia is coarse, headstrong and highly audacious. However, she is also sharp and charismatic. This was proven in several training exercises; she constantly tries to find new ways to seize the upper hand and eliminate the opposition without giving them a chance to do any serious damage. However, her boldness can also affect her judgement; if she gets too excited, she becomes prone to making tactical blunders. Off the field, Junia is a social butterfly, always trying to get to know her fellow guardsmen and keep their morale up. As mentioned before, her social skills aren't very refined, so she can be quite loud and may come off to some as rude or annoying. Her outgoing nature also acts as a sort of defense mechanism; Junia hates being left alone, mainly due to her traumatic experiences back on Gamada. Since she's still new to the Guard, she desperately wants to prove her worth and be accepted by her allies.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:15:30 pm by Son_of_Orion »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2011, 04:04:29 pm »

OK that makes sense

Search the area for them, mentally

and f*****k eldar!, ouch
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 12:01:24 am »

This looks solid. I love me some 40k. :D Stick me on the waiting list.

Added, nice bio!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18