Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Pseudorevival! Combat tests!  (Read 34155 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As some of you might know, I've been working on a 40k RTD ever since Space Marine got me back on the grimdark mood. Having spent last night scrawling feverish notes about the game, I decided it's time I actually start it, before my creative juices run out.

---

An Ork Waaaaagh! is never easily halted, and thus the call goes out for reinforcements. Throughout the sector, the Departmento Munitorum raises its tithes, freshly-recruited men and women from every world organized into barely functioning regiments and shipped into the waiting fleets in orbit. Gamada is no different, and six inexperienced PDF volunteers find themselves conscripted into the new 66th Armoured or the 320th Mechanized, the newest two the planet has supplied to the endless fronts of the Imperium of Man.

However, Lord-Governor Thykus, always obsessed with tradition, has demanded the tour of the system and the accompanying demonstrations and parades are still carried through, despite the certain doom awaiting neighbouring Magral Primaris in the hands of the Orks. He has singlehandedly stalled the Liberation Fleet for over a week. The worlds of the sector witness the might of the 320th and 66th regiments, a spectacle they have seen a hundred times before. Heated arguments between the Lord-Governor and the fleet commanders rage for days to no avail.

At last, the two regiments reach their last destination, a quiet agri-world called Saduk. They settle in and begin their exercises, expecting nothing they have not experienced before...

Character Application
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starting Positions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Campaigns and Battle Honours

This RTD is split into several Campaigns, consisting of three or more Battles, which range from straightforward engagements to complex multi-stage missions. After each successful Battle, you are granted Battle Honours, which are upgrades that can range from another squad under your command to a specific weapon or piece of equipment, or an useful Perk.

Between Battles, you are free to do anything you wish within your current location, most likely the regimental camp. Who knows what you'll find?

If you lose squad members or damage your tank, emergency repairs or reinforcements are applied between Battles. Full reinforcements, repairs and replenishing ammunition will have to wait until the end of a Campaign.

System

I'm using a modified version of the system I use in Nowhere To Run and Roll To Body Jump. I'll explain it and the new additions briefly here. Most rolls are made with a normal 1d6, plus bonuses or penalties.

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Psychic Abilities (click to show/hide)

Player List
1. wolfchild - Ashley Malkus, Sanctioned Psyker
2. lawatooshort - Sergeant Grygur Urugur, Squad Leader of the 'Deathspear' - with Hellhound
3. EmoBiatch - Laric, Tank Commander of the 'Iron Cobra' - with Leman Russ Exterminator
4. scriver - Konstanz Scriptor, Sanctioned Psyker
5. micelus - Sergeant Micelus Abbar, Squad Leader of the 'Talons of Bryndis' - with Chimera
6. Dsarker - Markon Joanos, Tank Commander of the 'Destructum Peccans' - with Leman Russ Battle Tank

Waiting List
1. adwarf - Sergeant Wulfric Neras, Squad Leader of the 'Hell Wolves' - with Devil Dog
2. Firelordsky - Sergeant Thomas Lamus, Squad Leader of the 'Blue Wardens' - with Chimera
3. Riccto -
4. Zrk2 - Zacharius, Tank Commander of the 'Arcandian Fury' - with Leman Russ Battle Tank
5. Son_of_Orion - Junia Katsanos, Tank Commander of the 'Hallowed Thunder' - with Leman Russ Battle Tank
6. LAAT501legion - Maurice Cromstorm, Squad Leader of the 'Black Corvidae' - with Devil Dog
7. Ahra - Argholest Kurtz, Sanctioned Psyker

---

That's about it. Get to work! *whip*

Sorry for the lack of player slots, testers get instant reservations. But don't worry, this is 40k, they'll die in no-time!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:35:07 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Signups!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:10:53 am »

Posting to say IN.

Name: Micelus Abbar

Position: Squad Leader

Tank/Squad Name: Talons of Bryndis

Background (optional): Micelus was a simple trader in the backwater planet of Bryndis. He traded not by ship,  and not from planet-to-planet, but from city-to-city with his trusty packanimals. Were it not for the ork invasion, he would have likely remained that way. When they came, he fought back. He gathered men, munitions, and whatever was available and held out until the Imperial Guard arrived. For centuries, none of the planet had seen the Imperial Guard, or anyone from beyond the system for that matter. Seeing such fighters and a chance to expand his horizons, Micelus volunteered to join. He rose up through the ranks and now commands a squad of inexperienced Bryndis soldiers.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:04:18 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 05:24:47 am »

One problem - the player regiments have zero combat experience and have been just recruited. You could've still volunteered, visiting their planet, but the regiments have not actually arrived anywhere else than a agri-world in the same system as their home planet yet. They'll head to the ork-invaded hive world of Magral Primaris once the first Campaign is over. Right now they're on the agri world because the Lord-Governor told them to, showing off to its population even though they're supposed to be heading to the hive world's rescue.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:28:22 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 05:28:05 am »

Fine, I went back and recruited men from Bryndis because I happened to be in a nearby sector and because I don't trust these outsiders.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 05:34:25 am »

Alright. I still need your support vehicle choice, though - Chimera, Hellhound or Devil Dog.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 05:36:44 am »

Oh I thought you changed those in between campaigns, but if not, then I pick the Chimera, don't want the soldiers trudging through the mud and lava and corpses and all.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 05:54:50 am »

Welp you need a tank or a mage and i prefer the more random mage so

Name: Ashley Malkus

Position: Psyker

Background (optional): Not one that likes to take more risks than is necisary, Ashley had always made herself useful (not in the gutter way, perverts) to the one nearby with the most resources or will or whatever it took to stay alive in this god-awful verse. She prefers defensive measures, and is loyal to the one that is currently giving her protection, whatever form that may take

Location: Safely protected by the bodies of the guardsmen in Miceus's command
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 05:55:47 am »

Name: Markon Joanos

Position: Tank Commander

Tank/Squad Name: Destructum Peccans - Battle Tank

Background: An ex-adept of the Adeptus Mechanicus cult in one of the many hives of Gamada, expelled after being seen tinkering with a piece of tech. The magos in command, a more liberal tech-priest, was forced to act. Not wanting to waste his potential, he merely expelled him instead of having him executed for tech-heresy. When he was drafted, his experience with the tech priests made him a natural addition to the Armoured division.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:05:29 am by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 05:58:14 am »

Name: Erwin Guderian

:P

Though no. I'd prefer if you changed it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 06:05:39 am »

Done.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 06:07:41 am »

Name: Erwin Guderian

:P

Though no. I'd prefer if you changed it.

....I don't get it...
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 06:10:23 am »

Look at famous German armoured commanders/tacticians in WW2

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 06:13:17 am »

Oh him. Different spelling on other sites( i.e Wikipedia.)
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 06:14:21 am »

Which one do you mean? Erwin Rommel or Heinz Guderian?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 06:23:25 am »

No wait, my brain cells weren't working. I see. Anyway, I confused your guy as the actual name of the German commander who went around the Maginot Line.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18