Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Pseudorevival! Combat tests!  (Read 34162 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Pseudorevival!
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2011, 05:18:18 am »

By the Emperor's will, we are here.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 23, 2011, 05:36:59 am »

Yes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2011, 05:43:59 am »

I am in :)

EmoBiatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2011, 05:59:50 am »

In too.
I'm flying faster than the speed of SANDWICH !

Every monday's first words : Hurrfriggin' horseshit....

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2011, 07:24:55 am »

I would like to participate if there are free spots.
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2011, 08:00:42 am »

In maybe? If you're taking people who haven't joined this RTD then yes, in.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 23, 2011, 08:34:31 am »

*shrug*, you won't necessarily have your old characters anyhow. I'll include Tiruin as a Commissar and LAAT as his original character. Tank folks will not participate in the beginning, unless they want to be grunts. While they're being unloaded, the infantry goes in to break the Ork assault. I'll start the Battle in a bit.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2011, 10:46:06 am »

Can I be in?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2011, 11:47:53 am »

Well, I think I'll just continue with tactical combat tests instead so I can get in more people, ho!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:57:22 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2011, 01:33:57 pm »

Campaign II: Magral Primaris - First Turn

Sergeant Grygur Urugur

The ramp comes down with a splash into the stagnant pool of water below the pipeline, propelling Sergeant Urugur and his squad out onto the broken factory yard. The water, mixed with a thousand toxics from the innards of the forge-complex, goes straight through his boots and clamps around his feet. He pulls himself up and onwards, the nonstop roar of the Hellhound's Heavy Bolter deafening out all other sounds. His men rush past on both sides, leading the charge up the wide entranceway to the yard. Other squads, in battered transports of their own, follow suit, spilling out into the fray. Grygur spots men in the colours of the Magralian 808th already in the yard, firing at an unseen target.

[5] The doors to the factory lie wide open at his right, and already Sergeant Mopat's squad is moving in. Grygur has no real idea of the situation, but the broken clatter of the Orkish guns tell him they have no shortage of targets.

Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)
Deathspear Squad
6 Guardsmen at 25/25 HP with Lasguns [6/6] and Combat Knives, moving towards the factory inner yard. Disciplined
1 Guardsman at 25/25 HP with Longlas [6/6] and Combat Knife, moving towards the factory inner yard. Disciplined
1 Hellhound at HP 650/650 with Inferno Cannon [3/3] and Heavy Bolter [8/8], before the entranceway.

Sunspear Squad
1 Guardsman at  25/25 HP with Plasma Cannon [3/3] and Combat Knife, standing in front of the Hellhound. Disciplined
2 Guardsmen at 25/25 HP with Lasguns [6/6] and Combat Knives, standing in front of the Hellhound. Disciplined

---

Sergeant Micelus Abbar

A lucky shot from an Ork kannon spirals through the air, a misshapen chunk of scrap metal propelled by crude alien technology, and slams through the Valkyrie's cockpit, taking the controls and the pilot with it.

Down on the rubble-strewn wasteland that is the hive after the ravages of the Orks, Sergeant Abbar stands staring in morbid fascination until a shout from one of his subordinates snaps him back to reality and sends him scrambling for cover. He crashes head-first onto a pile of shattered concrete and a wave of heat washes over him. He lays there for a few moments, breathing in the rising dust, his eyes watering and light debris hammering his back. Grasping around for his lasgun, Abbar turns around on the ground and finally sees that the Valkyrie has come down into a half-collapsed building and spilled it over to the street, effectively blocking him from his squad - if they survived at all.

[5] He stands up, eyes ringing, and activates his voxbead. The voice of one of his troopers, Mallon, buzzes into hearing immediately.

'Sarge? Sarge? Please respond. Earhan's down, and the brutes are going crazy. Are you there?'

He's standing on a narrow street lined with prefab-grey hab blocks, broken down and scattered around by months of Ork savagery and back-and-forth combat. The burning hulk of the Valkyrie juts out from a building up ahead, and an avalanche of rubble has cut him off from the generator house he was supposed to be at. The sounds of war - Ork and Imperial guns, explosions, shouting and screaming, the jets of aircraft and roar of engines - come from all around, but he can still hear the frenzied shouting of his Ogryn squad from behind the rubble. Side alleys snake through the city to all directions from the main street.

The Chimera isn't available - it couldn't participate in the airborne assault that began this battle for obvious reasons.

Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)
Talons of Bryndis Squad
5 Guardsmen at 25/25 HP with Lasguns [6/6] and Combat Knives, somewhere beyond the rubble barrier. Disciplined.
1 Guardsman at 25/25 HP with Melta Gun [1/1] and Combat Knife, somewhere beyond the rubble barrier. Disciplined.

Ken's Fists Squad
4 Ogryns at 80/80 HP with Ripper Guns [4/4], somewhere beyond the rubble barrier. Subhuman Brute

---

Markon Joanos

'Get us out of here! Get us out or we're dead!'

Another Ork shell slams into the wall of the hab-complex housing the basements of Hunolt Spire beside Markon Joanos' tank, showering the infantry valiantly making their way up the street alongside them in debris. Many are cut down outright, skulls and ribcages caving in, while others only gain a broken foot or two. The Big Shootas finish the job, painting the street in a dirty red. More infantry pushes on from behind regardless, pushed on by the mad Commissar on Markon's second tank, the Emperor's Wrath. He's screaming devotional hymns through the vox, drowning out any attempt to issue orders.

The barricade stretches all the way across the wide boulevard that is Hunolt Street, and is crawling with greenskins. The advance is already faltering - Markon cannot allow it to break here.

Spoiler: Dsarker (click to show/hide)

Emperor's Wrath
1 Leman Russ Punisher at 1400/1400 HP with Punisher Gatling Cannon [10/14], Heavy Flamer [10/10], behind the Destructum on the street. Lumbering Behemoth

---

Sergeant Maurice Cromstorm, Sergeant Thomas Lamus and Commissar Tiruin

Commissar Ronan Tiruin smiles as he floods the platoon's vox with the Emperor's Word and watches the brave men of the Imperial Guard charge the Emperor's enemies, the foul greenskins at the end of the street. He's surveying the assault from within a Leman Russ called the Emperor's Wrath, a noble battle tank with a noble crew. He's bursting with pride at these men.

Sergeant Maurice Cromstorm of the Black Corvidae, however, isn't so happy. He's following the stream of Guardsmen towards certain doom at the end of the street, with no escape in sight. Sergeant Thomas Lamus shares these feelings from the other side of the street to him. The doors to the hab-complex Hunolt Spire juts out from are up ahead and wide open, but their mad Commissar is known to be extremely trigger-happy and seems to be deadset on having them charge directly into the Ork guns.

Spoiler: LAAT501Legion (click to show/hide)
Black Corvidae Squad
6 Guardsmen at 25/25 HP with Lasguns [6/6] and Combat Knives, on the right side of the street, beside the Emperor's Wrath. Disciplined.
1 Guardsman at 25/25 HP with Plasma Gun [6/6] and Combat Knife, on the right side of the street, beside the Emperor's Wrath. Disciplined.
1 Devil Dog at 650/650 HP with Melta Cannon [1/1], Heavy Flamer [10/10]
[/spoiler]

Spoiler: Firelordsky (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]
Blue Wardens Squad
6 Guardsmen at 25/25 HP with Lasguns [6/6] and Combat Knives, on the left side of the street, beside the Emperor's Wrath. Disciplined.
1 Guardsman at 25/25 HP with Plasma Gun [6/6] and Combat Knife, on the right side of the street, beside the Emperor's Wrath. Disciplined.
1 Chimera at 500/500 HP with Heavy Bolter [8/8], Heavy Bolter [8/8]

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Laric

'...damnit, Selop, that's now how you hold a blowtorch! Give me that!'

The afternoon has drawn long with the crew of the Iron Cobra stuck behind the frontline with an immobilized tank and a frustrated commander. Laric paces back and forth on the edge of the abandoned street, listening to the sounds of battle reverberating throughout the city. He continues his favorite pastime, kicking pieces of scrap metal and rocks, while his crewmen attempt to patch up the Leman Russ.

[4] There's a crash from the nearest building and he spirals around, laspistol at hand. Laric spends the following minute staring at the window, waiting for an Ork horde to show itself, but nothing happens. He starts putting the pistol back in its holster, but hesitates. If it is an enemy, he can't risk not investigating. Even if it isn't, it would still be something to distract them from not being able to fight.

Spoiler: EmoBiatch (click to show/hide)

Allies
6 Crewmen at 15/15 HP, working on the tank.

---

Messy, broken spoilers, etc etc. might be found inside, I dunno.

I'm going to be pretty brutal to cut down the number of players, so.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Pseudorevival! Combat tests!
« Reply #235 on: December 23, 2011, 01:46:01 pm »

Wait, so I'm not in ?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 23, 2011, 02:10:23 pm »

Advance. Reload main cannon, focus fire bolters on the place where the big shootas are firing from.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 23, 2011, 02:19:37 pm »

Wait, so I'm not in ?

Oops, missed you. I guess I'll add you in next turn.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 23, 2011, 02:27:12 pm »

Wait, so I'm not in ?

Oops, missed you. I guess I'll add you in next turn.
Thank you :)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 23, 2011, 02:53:36 pm »

"I'm fine where are you and the men?"

After finding out where they are, regroup. Be cautious. Once regrouped, head towards the generator room.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:50:57 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18