Bogshire (Blue guys)
- 5 (6.8%)
Stonemeadow (Orange guys)
- 26 (35.6%)
We gonna stick it out on our own!
- 42 (57.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 73

Author Topic: Build a village: A New Hope  (Read 143462 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Re: Build a village: A New Hope
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2011, 12:05:15 am »

Just noticed that I forgot to update the amount of bricks (going from moist to dry) in the last update so I just fixed it. This may or maynot change your plans.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2011, 12:55:07 am »

Village:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The world is bathed in orange light, (as though someone had applied a tacky special effect over it) as the sun sets...

Preparations for night continue, with Rolf starting a fire using a flint he found at the beach. Jaian and Picky create small holes for lighing sentry fires while Chloe continues on the ditch-moat. Franz continues to use his hatchet to sharpen wooden spears and the others use the tree logs to create a quick wall.

Weapons:
 23x Wooden Spears

Tools:
 1x Hatchet
 1x Hammer
 1x Pickaxe
 1x Shovel

Construction Materials:

2x Piles of sticks
 5x Pile of leaves
 25x Dry Bricks

Food:
 9x Large red berries
 3x Small red berries

Misc:

1x Bird nest(with 2 eggs)

Population:
 5 Peasants
 1 Woodcutter
 1 Clayworker
 1 Fisherman
Total: 8

1 turn until nightfall

Authors Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:17:14 am by Evil Lincoln »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2011, 01:04:59 am »

Finish that barricade, arm the Chromosians (if that's what we're calling them) and name one of those girls Chloe, ASAP!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2011, 01:07:48 am »

Oh balls, that defense isn't going to help at all as far as I can tell!

Ummm... guys... what was the plan again? I really should've been helping/paying attention...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2011, 01:10:14 am »

Well, night will be upon us shortly so we should stop work on the ditch-moat and wall and try to finish the spear wall around the shelter quickly.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2011, 01:10:32 am »

Finish that barricade, arm the Chromosians (if that's what we're calling them) and name one of those girls Chloe, ASAP!

Yeah thats what we are calling them I just havn't found a good opportunity to use the word itself.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2011, 01:16:40 am »

The only problems with that moat are:
1) The perspective disagreement; the right-side wall shouldn't really be visible
2) We're all going to die because our defenses aren't up yet, oh god.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2011, 01:19:33 am »

I really don't think that spear wall will save us personally. It's too far spaced between spears (about the size of a Chromosian), which allows for attacks to get through, and any strong creature will just knock the spears out of the way unless those spears are EXTREMELY dug in. Those spears are also not helping a lot with their angle: TOO DAMN HIGH TO HIT ANYTHING. I mean, just look at them, they look like they're designed against Chromosians. Anything shorter will just not get impaled.

But honestly, I don't see what other options we have. :-\

Lower the spear wall so the tips aren't as high as a Chromosian's neck, make them as high as a Chromosian's chest instead. Also, set up the piles of leaves and sticks up behind the spear wall to partially conceal occupants if possible.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2011, 01:31:35 am »

Should've gone with the watch tower. Minecraft 101. :-\

What do you guys think of just hiding out in the trees tonight?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2011, 01:35:47 am »

What do you guys think of just hiding out in the trees tonight?
Bad plan.

Yeah, that's all I think of it, really.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2011, 01:40:33 am »

A trench, maybe, i'm guessing it's been suggested before.  Yeah, really, the main defense is in our spears.  Also, make torches, use them as both lighting and weapons. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2011, 01:47:08 am »

A trench, maybe, i'm guessing it's been suggested before.  Yeah, really, the main defense is in our spears.  Also, make torches, use them as both lighting and weapons.

Did you look at the pictures for the past two updates? :P

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2011, 01:52:18 am »

Nope. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2011, 02:21:28 am »

I doubt the defenses will be ready in time for nightfall, but a bonfire should keep away most large predators. We should fire-harden the spears and set up watches, as has previously been suggested. As an aside, I vote we name the last female Arete.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2011, 02:23:20 am »

I agree, toughen up the spears.  The problem is, we don't actually know what will come after our village, if it's normal animals, we can take em.  If it's standard Minecraft mobs, we're doomed. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 73