Bogshire (Blue guys)
- 5 (6.8%)
Stonemeadow (Orange guys)
- 26 (35.6%)
We gonna stick it out on our own!
- 42 (57.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 73

Author Topic: Build a village: A New Hope  (Read 141649 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Build a village: A New Hope
« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2011, 02:24:41 am »

Use the sundried bricks to build a kiln,production.
Ummmmm...

They use a stiff mixture and let them dry in the sun for 25 days.

Yeah no. We're going to have to use wet bricks.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2011, 02:37:57 am »

Three ideas.

Pile the surplus soil and clay dug out from the moat onto the right hand side of it to serve as an impromptu wall instead of using logs, and try flattening the soil walls when this is done to make them sheer, preventing the slimes/anything else from vaulting over them as easily as the logs. Since the logs work as an adequate - albeit crude - weapon against the slimes, roll them a small distance behind the soil mounds so they can be used to repel any slimes that return (after all, if we keep the logs right next to the moat and attempt to use them to squash the slimes again, all we'll end up doing is pushing the logs into the moat, providing a nice little walkway for anything that would like to cross).

Stockpile the bricks/broken stones in/around the shelter and campfire. Projectiles of any kind with a bit more blunt force behind them would be more useful than the spears, considering how resistant the slimes are to piercing weapons and how quickly they could be thrown even by some untrained peasant as opposed to the accuracy required for throwing a spear. We're also indulging in a great ol' bit of wishful thinking if we think stick-men and slimes were all we we're going to need to worry about (I mean, hell, how do we even know those are BIRD eggs? And even if they are, what KIND of bird? For all we know some slobbering monstrosity could emerge from them as easily as from the damn trees in the back garden of this hut).

Cast small, useless or surplus twigs or branches in a perimeter around the shelter*, to warn us in case anything attempts to approach that Lincoln isn't kind enough to draw several turns before it even becomes a threat. I daresay we cannot rely on the kindness of the artist forever, and forewarned is forearmed.

Also, for the love of God, get rid of those trees to the right of the hut before any others. Burn 'em if we have to. Hell, I'd prefer it if they were burned. There's always the possibility that the stick-men can walk out of trees that have already been cut down, too.

* Just noticed that this may have been a bit unclear. This is supposing that, if something were to approach the camp on foot, the noise it would make stomping through the twigs and branches could serve to alert us. Not only of approaching enemies at night, but of anyone (or anything) approaching during the day.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:42:55 am by Azure Sepulchre »

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2011, 02:40:38 am »

If we use the wet bricks, the heat should still make them usable.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 22, 2011, 02:50:54 am »

You said Sundried earlier. I responded to using Sundried blocks in the construction of the kiln. I did not say that the wet bricks would not work.

Also, for the love of God, get rid of those trees to the right of the hut before any others. Burn 'em if we have to. Hell, I'd prefer it if they were burned. There's always the possibility that the stick-men can walk out of trees that have already been cut down, too.
This. So much this.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 22, 2011, 02:54:57 am »

Potash.  Now.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 22, 2011, 04:03:50 am »

Village:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolf decides that these bricks are all well and good, but unless they are fired they won't be much use. Rolf begins to build a Kiln, Picky gives him a large flat stone to use in it's construction. Rex looks on since he currently has No Orders. The Rolphin has been cooked and Hans has seperated it into chunks for easier consumption.

Plains:
The Greater Land Jaian has been tamed! It will now follow Jaian, but be warned if it is not fed regularly and left unrestrained it will leave. Up close the Greater Land Jaian has a thick wolly coat and a small udder.

Weapons:
 14x Wooden Spears
 10x Fire-hardened wooden spears

Tools:
 1x Hatchet
 1x Hammer
 1x Pickaxe
 1x Shovel

Construction Materials:

6x Pile of sticks
 5x Pile of Leaves
 15x Small Rocks
 8x Wet Bricks
 18x Semi-wet Bricks
 13x Moist Bricks
 12x Dry Bricks

Food:

1x Half cooked Rolphin
 7x Large red berries
 1x Small red berries

Misc:
1x Bird nest(with 2 eggs)

Population:
 5 Peasants
 1 Woodcutter
 1 Clayworker
 1 Fisherman
Total: 8

Authors Notes:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:10:32 am by Evil Lincoln »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 22, 2011, 04:15:32 am »

Stop making Kiln, get making bricks and lots of it. Bricks bricks bricks bricks bricks. Both brickmakers, now.

Also, Picky goes looking for Limestone around the area.
Because we need to make mortar for the bricks. And from what I can tell, you can turn Limestone into Lime, and then into a Lime mortar.

Your all acting like you have to build an unstoppable fortress to survive the night in so I'm going to give you a hint:
The best Defence is a good Offence.
Cut down all the trees?

Go as far west as possible until the mother of the slimes is found?

Really, that ain't a good enough hint.

Anyway, I think half the reason we're making defenses is because we all get a kick out of impenetrable defenses. At least, I know I am.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 22, 2011, 04:20:17 am »

Fire harden the rest of the spears, and try to knapp a few stones to get a cutting edge. We still need to find usable fibre crops to make thread. Is any of the wood springy enough for effective bows?
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 22, 2011, 04:26:53 am »

Have Jaian Ride the Land jian. Train it into a war mount. use spears as javlins. A spanish Jinete would make GREAT offence

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 22, 2011, 04:29:11 am »

Have Jaian Ride the Land jian. Train it into a war mount. use spears as javlins. A spanish Jinete would make GREAT offence

Agree with this. Also create a pen/shelter for it.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 22, 2011, 04:43:16 am »

Wait not a jinete, a Jaianete

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 22, 2011, 05:32:02 am »

Build the pen, but get two people to take spears and explore to the west

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 22, 2011, 06:13:07 am »

Build the pen, but get two people to take spears and explore to the west
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2011, 06:49:48 am »

Plains:
Jaian has spotted a man dressed in a traditional trader outfit with a Brown Pack Jaian. Before she can react he hails her and asks if she would like to trade.

Village:
She takes him back to the village and trading takes place over a plate of fried Rolphin. He also says that his inventory is rather limited and can direct other traders, buisnessmen or possibley even townfolk looking to start anew here (for a price of course).

Trader Inventory:

Inventory:

Author Notes:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:31:06 pm by Evil Lincoln »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 22, 2011, 06:53:37 am »

Buy 2 cloth and 2 oil  and sell 6 spears.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 73