Bogshire (Blue guys)
- 5 (6.8%)
Stonemeadow (Orange guys)
- 26 (35.6%)
We gonna stick it out on our own!
- 42 (57.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 73

Author Topic: Build a village: A New Hope  (Read 143373 times)

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
Re: Build a village: A New Hope
« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2011, 04:01:49 am »

So, with the new arrivals, we need to step up food production. Variety in our diets is going to be vital. Scour the plains for more edibles, grasses, small birds, snakes, anything we can stuff into our faces. We should also construct a fishing boat.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 23, 2011, 04:58:21 am »

Has decides to name the small creatures "Cellarhans" in honour of their habitat and their handsome discoverer. He uses some herbs stored in the nearby pot tame the creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Village:
Hans and Rex hurry back to the village to tell tales of their discovery, they meet Arete and some workers in the forest outside the village gathing berries. After a discussion it is decided that Rex will go fish, Arete wil continue picking berries and Hans will take the workers to bring back the pots that were found.

Picky is returning with the limestone rock she has found.

Weapons:
 8x Wooden Spears                       
 10x Fire-hardened wooden spears

Tools:
 1x Saw
 2x Hatchet
 1x Hammer
 1x Pickaxe   
 1x Shovel   

Construction Materials:
 17x Planks
 17x Pile of sticks
 20x Pile of Leaves
 24x Small Rocks
 8x Dry Bricks
 56x Fired bricks

Food:
 5x Large red berries                   
 1x Small red berries                   
 2x Eggs                                     

Population:
 1 Digger
 2 Clayworkers
 1 Fisher
 1 Woodcutter
 1 Miner
 1 Builder
 4 Peasants
Total: 8

Author Notes:

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 23, 2011, 05:18:04 am »

A Brickworker will shape a bucket out of clay. -To get the water for the mortar. I have a feeling just messing around with water by hand isn't going to be productive.

Picky will break the limestone into fine pieces. -Reading for baking.

Next step: Bake the bucket.

Then: Bake the lime.

Finally: Mix. Thar be mortar.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 23, 2011, 05:25:55 am »

Since the events of last night have revealed that the slimes are weak to blunt force, we should have the larger rocks moved to the west side of our encampment. Also since we do not know where the stick demons come from (except that they come from trees), we should also move the log inside the moat to the outside.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 23, 2011, 05:28:31 am »

Also, make sure somebody remembers to feed the land jaian.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 23, 2011, 05:35:52 am »

Use planks to improve and enlarge to shelter. i don't think those leave are very water proof and we need shelter for the workers.

As for strategy I think we Figure out What we should do About tRading. What are we going to Sell? Are we GOing to make THings specicifly to Sell Or will we Give the Trader our eXcess Goods that we Do use. (like Our Spears and Such.) Also What Buildings we We make Next and Where will we Place them.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 23, 2011, 06:43:54 am »

Two out of the Three immigrants will be drafted into the makeshift Milita and trained in Combat.

One of the male immigrants will be named Leon. And he will be given a huge facking sword at first chance.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 23, 2011, 06:44:24 am »

We should have the new guys begin building several more stick, and leaf huts before night falls, and keep our digger digging the moat until the very last moment right before night falls. We should also have our people move the logs across the moat, and have them place the logs around the moat to cover as much ground as possible to make a sort of wall, but have them leave a space open to have the plank bridge. As for the rest of the people we aren't using for these tasks we should keep on their current jobs, and continue making resources except for the other soon to be woodcutter who we should have begin crafting spears for our defense at night. Finally at night we will use the same tactic
for sleeping, and guards as last time, but we need to pull the plank bridge up, and place them one on top of another, side on top of side, to form an easy to remove gate.

Ravine Plans:
After we have a good supply of planks, and 1, or 2 more picks I suggest we expand up here with 1, or 2 huts, and a simple wall to begin with. This will provide protection, and sleeping quarters for our miners who we will use to begin mining operations in the cliff slide gathering from the mine stone, and other minerals we can make stuff of, build with, or maybe trade.

Trade Goods:
I Think for here we should sell whatever spare Rolphin we have on us, and as much Greater Land Jaian milk(?) we can make, and put into buckets before the trader arrives. We could also make some stylish Slime Gel clothing, and sell them to the trader for a nice penny (Hopefully), but our best bet for money would have to be the mine I was planning in the above section.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 23, 2011, 06:46:21 am »

I think its a generally bad idea to place Homes in the mysterious Ravine that we have only just discovered.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 23, 2011, 06:54:09 am »

Yea... If the villagers are somehow blocked in the ravine by creatures, they'll all quickly die of thirst.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 23, 2011, 06:56:24 am »

After the workers are done carrying the pots back, they should start building some houses using our bricks.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 23, 2011, 07:09:15 am »

We should leave the logs inside, as to roll them when necessary, although we dont want them falling in the moat. I think that getting any spare hands to Listen to BunnyBob, if not being more open about materials used. I think that using bricks is slightly out of reach, seeing as how many bricks you need, in comparison to how many we have, and how many we can get.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 23, 2011, 08:53:54 am »

I suggest the logs be moved to the inside of the moat in case something can swim.

lolboldface
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 23, 2011, 08:56:33 am »

Build a raft. At night we will see if anything trys to eat it. As in sharks or something worse.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 23, 2011, 09:33:19 am »

I reckon we could build a simple cart right now.
Cut four rounded planks (cut across the log not down it). Take a strong thin part of the upper tree, attach one to two of each wheel, Make a bed and attach it to the axles boom instant cart...

I still also say uprooting one of the berry bushes and planting them inside the moat would be a wise move, just in case you know...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 73