Bogshire (Blue guys)
- 5 (6.8%)
Stonemeadow (Orange guys)
- 26 (35.6%)
We gonna stick it out on our own!
- 42 (57.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 73

Author Topic: Build a village: A New Hope  (Read 141663 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Build a village: A New Hope
« Reply #525 on: September 23, 2011, 07:13:57 pm »

Once

-The moat and the log walls will be finished
-We will have some kind of agriculture going
-We will have at least one or to buildings (not shelters made with sticks and leaves, buildings!)

We'll think about long term projects.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 23, 2011, 07:23:12 pm »

Once

-The moat and the log walls will be finished
-We will have some kind of agriculture going
-We will have at least one or to buildings (not shelters made with sticks and leaves, buildings!)

We'll think about long term projects.
Which makes me think anyone have an idea of what we could grow ? I know those herbs we got might be a possibility, but I think the berries will be to hard, and take to long to grow.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #527 on: September 23, 2011, 07:31:23 pm »

Short term we can subsist on meat and milk from land jaians. They DO have udders. We can supplement that with whatever berries and other food we find when foraging.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 23, 2011, 08:23:11 pm »

What about the jaians? I Mean we can tame them but Evil lincon said they would be harder to tame now. Hunting them may bring more food in faster but would probaly make them harder to tame if they become scared of us. I think if we can tame a few more we should be able to use them to drag trees and stone. which is going to be neccesary after we cut down all the immediate trees and star mining in earnest.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:26:57 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 23, 2011, 08:27:13 pm »

What about the jaians? I Mean we can tame them but Evil lincon said they would be harder to tame now. Hunting them may bring more food in faster but would probaly make them harder to tame if they become scared of us. I think if we can tame a few more we should be able to use to drag trees and stone. which is going to be neccesary after we cut down all the immediate trees and star mining in earnest.
I think Jaians are like Chromsians in the fact that they can gain specialties such as Pack Jaians which would make them quite effective in hauling, so I agree.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 23, 2011, 08:32:25 pm »

What about the jaians? I Mean we can tame them but Evil lincon said they would be harder to tame now. Hunting them may bring more food in faster but would probaly make them harder to tame if they become scared of us. I think if we can tame a few more we should be able to use to drag trees and stone. which is going to be neccesary after we cut down all the immediate trees and star mining in earnest.
I think Jaians are like Chromsians in the fact that they can gain specialties such as Pack Jaians which would make them quite effective in hauling, so I agree.

But then a thought occured LEATHER we need leather don't we. To make clothes and ropes and what not.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 23, 2011, 08:35:19 pm »

Leather can wait for later at the moment we have the slime gel if we need clothing, but leather will come in handy for making boats since we can use the leather to water proof them, and make them slide through the water swiftly, and effortlessly.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 23, 2011, 10:52:04 pm »

Shall we see what new agression the night brings, as whatever attacks may be harvestable for something, and i think that we should protect our living assets, ie the tamed animal.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 23, 2011, 11:16:41 pm »

yeah put some pointy sticks around it... though it may not be neccessary if the moat gets finished. mind you we could always have water beasts try to kill us. we at some point may want to assign a dedicated animal trainer/caretaker.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 24, 2011, 12:53:43 am »

Following the moat, I really do think we should start building a wooden palisade.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a very sturdy fortification, and seems easy enough to erect. I am unsure if we should even complete and more permanent shelter before having some sort of wall in place... especially since we anticipate new arrivals.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 24, 2011, 01:16:59 am »

We should use bricks instead.

Palisade is for elves.

Brickade is for Chrome-whateverthehellwe'venamedthems.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 24, 2011, 02:41:10 am »

As a Lond term Construction I would like to see a Motte and Bailey fort. Not quite a castle but capable of defending  against bandits and such. I approve the palisade because it's quicker and we can cover the Palisades in Clay to Reduce fire risk. And then build platforms agaisnt the which we can defend from.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 24, 2011, 03:25:50 am »

A timeskip later...

Village:
All of the pots have been moved back to the village by the workers under the supervision of Hans. Hans has also made a little outfit for his new friend. Rex has caught another Rolphin for dinner and Arete has collected some berries. Picky has made some dry motar (She will add water when it has to be used). All of the bricks have been fired and a large number of planks are ready.

Weapons:
 8x Wooden Spears                       
 10x Fire-hardened wooden spears

Tools:
 1x Saw
 2x Hatchet
 1x Hammer
 1x Pickaxe   
 1x Shovel   

Construction Materials:

37x Planks
 25x Pile of sticks
 28x Pile of Leaves
 24x Small Rocks
 64x Fired bricks

Food:
 26x Berries
 12x Uncooked Rolphin               
 2x Eggs 
 15x Herbs                                   

Population:
 1 Digger
 2 Clayworkers
 1 Fisher
 1 Woodcutter
 1 Miner
 1 Builder
 4 Peasants
Total: 8

5 turns until nightfall

Author Notes:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 03:53:27 am by Evil Lincoln »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 24, 2011, 03:32:10 am »

Hmmmm...

Guys, we have both bricks and wood now. What should we do with each? I'm leaning towards using the bricks in wall construction.

Regardless, Picky, go get more limestone.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 24, 2011, 03:40:31 am »

Alright on the idea of bricks for walls ... just go look at that picture up there. I don't think we have enough brick to make a line around the village much less a wall. For now a palisade or log wall or moat is the best we can probaly come up with. we should use the brick on something like a house or stove or what not. I suggest using the logs and stick covered in that clay sand mixture. A dirt wall may not be much but it's better than nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 73