Bogshire (Blue guys)
- 5 (6.8%)
Stonemeadow (Orange guys)
- 26 (35.6%)
We gonna stick it out on our own!
- 42 (57.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 73

Author Topic: Build a village: A New Hope  (Read 141632 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Build a village: A New Hope
« Reply #675 on: September 25, 2011, 11:35:16 pm »

Slime Alert, Slime Alert! Over there, in the trees! Across the Moat! Behind the dirt wall! ...Oh. We seem pretty safe, after all.

This, basically. Unless we find out they can swim, climb walls, and are actually hostile, they're not really much of a concern.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 25, 2011, 11:40:12 pm »

I am willing to bet that they are amphibious... but the fact that we have higher ground and spears seems like a lofty advantage. I don't imagine their smooth-looking bodies give them much traction, and they're bound to be slippery as they try inching up the muddy dirt mound.
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 26, 2011, 12:00:33 am »

The way slimes could kill us is if they came in huge waves.

But I have a feeling that they will, so we should be ready.

Also, don't make the mistake we had last time, make sure AT LEAST one person is watching the rear. And make sure we watch the bark of our logs. One of those things crippled one of our guys in one update. That's pretty lethal.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 26, 2011, 12:04:26 am »

Would it be unreasonable to place Cellarhans on the watch tower and keep a lookout while the Chromosians fight? He could, you know, squeal for danger from our flanks.
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 26, 2011, 12:23:13 am »

Just keep on doing what they were doing.

Unless the slimes actually emerges from the woods, there is no case to panic. We need some more spears, so at least we can knock a couple of them out before they actually reach the moat.
Hans and Picky will stay on the tower to keep watch, especially our back. If there are too many we can always wake everyone up.

p.s. Sooner or later we need a horn.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 26, 2011, 12:29:59 am »

p.s. Sooner or later we need a horn.

This is a great idea, and those land whales look good for it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 26, 2011, 12:32:38 am »

I don't think we call them land whales, do we? Or am I imagining what Lincoln calls them wrong?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 26, 2011, 12:37:03 am »

I don't think we call them land whales, do we? Or am I imagining what Lincoln calls them wrong?

No, I think you're right... Greater Land Jaians? All the names are just blowing over me at this point.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 26, 2011, 12:45:16 am »

Village:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Zone:

The workers and Hans array themselves along the wall ready to attack any foes that come within range of their spears and hatchets. Picky stays at the lookout to watch for enemies coming from other directions.

Weapons:
 14x Wooden Spears                       
 10x Fire-hardened wooden spears

Tools:
 1x Saw
 2x Hatchet
 1x Hammer
 1x Pickaxe   
 1x Shovel   

Construction Materials:
 Lots of piles of sticks
 Lots of piles of Leaves
 28x Planks
 24x Small Rocks
 78x Fired bricks

Food:
 11x Berries
 2x Eggs
 9x Herbs

Misc:
 2x Pots of blue liquid
 2x Pots of oil
 5x empty pots
 2x clay resepticle                               

Population:
 1 Digger
 2 Clayworkers
 1 Fisher
 1 Woodcutter
 1 Miner
 1 Builder
 4 Peasants
Total: 8

Author Notes:

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 26, 2011, 01:03:39 am »

As far as the names go, I'm sure it's just me. :P

Have the second worker from the bottom run and go quickly bring back a small arm full of rocks.

These may not be effective on the slimes, but if something rears an ugly head, they might come in very indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 26, 2011, 01:05:45 am »

Oh dear, stick creatures with the slime.

Should we wake up more people, guys?

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 26, 2011, 01:12:07 am »

Well, we should at least grab the bladed tools we have since stick demons are weak to those.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 26, 2011, 01:28:12 am »

Oh dear, stick creatures with the slime.

Should we wake up more people, guys?

I am for it, though I would hate to wake the others if there will be penalties for the following day, before first seeing just how formidable that moat is.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 26, 2011, 01:46:51 am »

Are those rocks, or Grey slimes? Because we have one sneaking up on the watch tower, as well as the rest of the horde
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 26, 2011, 01:51:40 am »

...Grey slime? I do not see any grey slime. Or any rock sneaking up on the tower.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 73