Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Frozenvictims III - Cursed Terrifying Glacier Succession Fort  (Read 783 times)

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
Frozenvictims III - Cursed Terrifying Glacier Succession Fort
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:39:35 pm »

“A lot of people say that the story of Frozenvictims started with the survey team.  It’s true, they were the first dwarves to lay eyes upon the Frost of Wearing.  But for me, the story begins following in their footsteps, at the orders of my superiors.

There were seven of us at first, the traditional foundation for a fortress.  I do not, however, think that we were expected to survive in this forbidding place, more hospitable climes mocking us, the border of the eternal ice the border of our domain.  We were to make an outpost for the glory of our civilization, and it was not our place to decide when or where….”

Journal of Tevish Szat – Entry 587 Travel log 1
I don’t want to dwell on the past, or even the rapidly vanishing present.  I don’t want to write about what I’m leaving behind, only about what’s ahead of me.  Supposedly, founding a new fortress is a great honor, but after a week of preparations, I’m not so sure if someone isn’t trying to get rid of me.

The others that make up “The Vanished Fortress” (how I hope that name is not prophetic) with me are a pair of miners, one of whom is also wont to work stone, a smith, a physician, a farmer, and an odd-jobs dwarf who claims to know carpentry and mechanics.

I purchased several simple logs for our journey, figuring that we would work them once there into such fine goods as beds.  I also ordered a “large, varied store of provisions” from the quartermaster.

(note: I actually embarked with more logs and slightly more food than that, selling the crutches, splints, and buckets.  If we need them, we can craft them, and the logs are MUCH cheaper)

If I ever find out what practical joker decided to load us down with nothing but pre-cooked brains, most of them from insects, I’ll ram monarch butterfly brains down his throat until he chokes on them.  But, I guess he’ll have to come to wherever the hell we’re going if I’m going to get the chance.  At least our wagon still has the basic necessities: Tools, materials, and booze.  Thank the gods for that!

My map has no landmarks on it, only directions by the stars and compass, and the annotation that I’ll know the fortress site when I see it.

Journal of Tevish Szat – Travel Log 73
Well, sure enough we’ve found it – on the millennial too!  All that was there was, though, was a sign on the ground.  “Welcome to Frozenvictims!  Population – You.”

Scrawled under the cheery letters was some small text that I didn’t let the others see.  “Armok have mercy on your souls.”  As if this place wasn’t bad enough, whoever was here last was mad enough to invoke the name of the God of Blood.  All the same, I recited the invocation ritual.

I hate this place already.

Frozenvictims (3) is a succession fort.  It’s got all the basic rules
1) One year is one turn and each turn is one year.
2) Don’t go berserk and wreck the fort on purpose
3) Have Fun (‼Fun‼?)

Turn List
1) Tevish Szat (Current)
2) Holodmer
3) Savolainen5
4) Dyg
5) ...
6)
7)

Maintaining dwarfing requests is up to the current overseer.  We’ll see about putting a list up if the thread gets REALLY convoluted
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:38:43 am by Tevish Szat »
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Holodmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Frozenvictims III - Cursed Terrifying Glacier Succession Fort
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 03:53:42 am »

put me on that list  :)

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 07:54:33 am »

I'll grab a spot in there somewhere. And dorf me as Sirian, please. I've got no preferences for profession or anything like that.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:25:06 am »

Add me and let's see if we make it past the first turn this time.

Also, dwarf me as the second migrant in the first immigration wave just to keep things random.
To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 09:06:05 am »

Frozenvictims 2 is alive and well, son.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 10:45:10 am »

SO GET OVER THERE AND PLAY YOUR TURN! :D
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 11:08:30 am »

well, this is going to be fun!
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 06:41:57 pm »

you might want to lock this topic now that it's redundant.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.