Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: I think I need to take a break because...  (Read 17775 times)

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I think I need to take a break because...
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 12:24:24 am »

I read everything Girlinhat says in Cave Johnson's voice.  Ever notice how we've never seen them both in the same room at the same time?  :o

I think this thread has a higher density of quoted material than any other on the forum.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 12:25:53 am »

I need to take a break because I just realized it's half past midnight and I need to wake up in five and a half hours.
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 12:35:43 am »

I need to take a break because I just realized it's half past midnight and I need to wake up in five and a half hours.

That makes two of us.
Confound these dwarves.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 07:16:06 am »

I can make goblin bone bolts as long as the goblin isnīt "intact".

(Off-topic) 
Is that the trick?  Thank you.  I've had some goblin bone bolts in my fort that I had no idea where I found them, and I was about to start pointless and cruel experimentation to find out. 
Oh well, no sense stopping perfectly good !!scientific!! sadism just because I know the results.

I think around here you need to apologise for off-topicness. Threads get derailed daily.

‼‼‼‼ Hey, it works :D

I read everything Girlinhat says in Cave Johnson's voice.  Ever notice how we've never seen them both in the same room at the same time?  :o

I think this thread has a higher density of quoted material than any other on the forum internet.

You're welcome.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 11:14:16 am »

This explains everything!  All of those questions that I could never answer...  Why am I in this deep hole?  Why am I eating asbestos?  Why am I a man?  Why is it currently the 50's?!  It all makes sense!

Also, I tend to believe that Cave would be jealous of my ideas, such as the Turkeycage of Horrors.  And yes, we're on a first name basis, me 'n Cave.
Cave Johnson is 60's  :-\

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 11:29:45 am »

True science, mad science, ended in the later 50's.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 11:31:37 am »

Yeah...

But then Aperture started in the 60's, which is the only exception. Lobotomies? HELL YEAH

ALL HAIL ‼SCIENCE‼

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 11:42:20 am »

Yeah...

But then Aperture started in the 60's, which is the only exception. Lobotomies? HELL YEAH

ALL HAIL ‼SCIENCE‼

Ah, but see, you're forgetting that

EDIT: added spoilertag
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:34:48 pm by Xen0n »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 02:21:53 pm »

Yeah...

ALL HAIL ‼SCIENCE‼

Ah, but see, you're forgetting that due to trace amounts of time travel involved in some of their testing, much of Aperture's research during the 60's actually occured in the 50's.
Wait, if they researched time travel too, then what's the point of researching portals?

or are you making this up? I didn't finish the game  :'(

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 02:32:49 pm »

Paraphrased: This next experiment involves trace amounts of time travel.  If you see someone who looks like you, don't look them in the eye.  Seriously, the lab boys say it could destroy time.  Forever.  Forwards and back.  So if you see yourself running through the course, just let that handsome devil go on his way.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 02:33:13 pm »

Yeah...

ALL HAIL ‼SCIENCE‼

Ah, but see, you're forgetting that due to trace amounts of time travel involved in some of their testing, much of Aperture's research during the 60's actually occured in the 50's.
Wait, if they researched time travel too, then what's the point of researching portals?

or are you making this up? I didn't finish the game  :'(

Right, but remember, which takes longer?  To design, model, and build a working portal gun, OR design, model, and build a time machine to transport you into the future when you've already built the portal gun and then take it back?  I don't want to be a part of spoiling any of the sweet, sweet, writing of Portal, so, as to that,

Paraphrased: This next experiment involves trace amounts of time travel.  If you see someone who looks like you, don't look them in the eye.  Seriously, the lab boys say it could destroy time.  Forever.  Forwards and back.  So if you see yourself running through the course, just let that handsome devil go on his way.

Also:
Spoiler: Portal2 Screenshot (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Added screenshot
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:37:45 pm by Xen0n »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 02:35:04 pm »

Oh yeah. I remember that part  :)

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 02:40:19 pm »

Girlinhat, with spot-on quotes like that, you're only adding fuel magma to the you=Cave fire. ಠ_ಠ

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2011, 03:01:31 pm »

Girlinhat, with spot-on quotes like that, you're only adding fuel magma to the you=Cave fire. ಠ_ಠ

This explains everything!  All of those questions that I could never answer...  Why am I in this deep hole?  Why am I eating asbestos?  Why am I a man?  Why is it currently the 50's?!  It all makes sense!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2011, 03:10:02 pm »

I guess I shouldn't mention that at one point I attempted to make a foragable plant, that when picked would immediately burst into flame.  Indistinguishable from every other common herb, except, it caused intense melting upon being plucked (and caught the map on fire).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5