Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: I think I need to take a break because...  (Read 17771 times)

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I think I need to take a break because...
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 03:20:57 pm »

...I have started adding "!!...!!" to names of urgent files at work.
Ha!  I do the same thing to folders at my office!

!!PRESS RELEASES!!
!!DISTRICT MAPS!!
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 03:26:31 pm »

Most animal shelters are an inefficient use of space. While there you might as well put all the animals into one cage and melt the others down to turn into spikes.
Fun Fact:  I initially read this suggestion as advocating melting down the extra animals at the shelter to make spikes from their bodies.  If that interpretation is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
sigsticles claimed

Ouch!

They'll grow back, right?  ???

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 03:28:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ouch!

They'll grow back, right?  ???
[/quote]

As long as I get to keep my right one - thats my fave...
This is a blank sig.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 06:56:52 pm »

I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Valdrax

• Bay Watcher
  • HUGE ELF (bluh bluh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 07:11:57 pm »

Bah, you don't want a Home Depot pick.  You want a REAL pick!  Something made of trifle pewter, and some hanging rings...  bone, yeah.  Hanging rings of bone!  Oh and some of those, those um...  shining bars.  Thread... yes...

You go down to the hardware store.  Not that Home Depot merchant.  No, go down to the store with the anvil and that old farmer sitting there repairing hatchets!  Then you elbow him in the face and shove that old guy out!  You've got a motherfuckin' pick to make, dammit!  Who cares if your boss is upset that you suddenly left work?  Not you!  You've got an idea, and it's the BEST IDEA EVER!
It is wrong that I mentally read this whole thing in Cave Johnson's voice?
The history of a good fortress is not written in blood, it's painted on the walls by the hand of a melancholy orphan.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 07:22:26 pm »

Bah, you don't want a Home Depot pick.  You want a REAL pick!  Something made of trifle pewter, and some hanging rings...  bone, yeah.  Hanging rings of bone!  Oh and some of those, those um...  shining bars.  Thread... yes...

You go down to the hardware store.  Not that Home Depot merchant.  No, go down to the store with the anvil and that old farmer sitting there repairing hatchets!  Then you elbow him in the face and shove that old guy out!  You've got a motherfuckin' pick to make, dammit!  Who cares if your boss is upset that you suddenly left work?  Not you!  You've got an idea, and it's the BEST IDEA EVER!
I did too. So probably.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 07:22:44 pm »

I read everything Girlinhat says in Cave Johnson's voice.  Ever notice how we've never seen them both in the same room at the same time?  :o

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 07:33:14 pm »

I read everything Girlinhat says in Cave Johnson's voice.  Ever notice how we've never seen them both in the same room at the same time?  :o

What a coincidence!
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 09:34:50 pm »

This explains everything!  All of those questions that I could never answer...  Why am I in this deep hole?  Why am I eating asbestos?  Why am I a man?  Why is it currently the 50's?!  It all makes sense!

Also, I tend to believe that Cave would be jealous of my ideas, such as the Turkeycage of Horrors.  And yes, we're on a first name basis, me 'n Cave.

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »

Who cares if your boss is upset that you suddenly left work?

Now if only I knew where to get some bones...
Slaughtering my herd of animals and dropping 100+ goblins and wild animals down a 14z high chute worked fine. I can make goblin bone bolts as long as the goblin isnīt "intact".
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

Valdrax

• Bay Watcher
  • HUGE ELF (bluh bluh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 10:24:03 pm »

I can make goblin bone bolts as long as the goblin isnīt "intact".

(Off-topic) 
Is that the trick?  Thank you.  I've had some goblin bone bolts in my fort that I had no idea where I found them, and I was about to start pointless and cruel experimentation to find out. 
Oh well, no sense stopping perfectly good !!scientific!! sadism just because I know the results.
The history of a good fortress is not written in blood, it's painted on the walls by the hand of a melancholy orphan.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 10:31:01 pm »

Specifically, if I recall correctly, it's the body parts not being attached to the main part of the body, which cannot be butchered. Ergo, bigger drops mean bigger returns in gobbo bits.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 10:33:40 pm »

Yep, standard dwarf ethics forbits butchering goblin corpses, but says nothing on the subject of butchering goblin gibs.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 10:38:54 pm »

Specifically attached to the upper body.  A severed head is fair game.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 10:51:35 pm »

I think this thread has a higher density of quoted material than any other on the forum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5