Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to stop degradation of clothing?  (Read 2013 times)

Morrolan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to stop degradation of clothing?
« on: September 20, 2011, 03:05:22 pm »

Is it possible to mod cloth\materials and stop degradation of leather\silk\plant clothing over time?

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to stop degradation of clothing?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:48:27 pm »

I don't believe so.

I do know that it's possible to completely remove clothing from the entity raws.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:34:07 pm »

Removing [SOFT] on all of the clothing in item_*.txt would make them not degrade, I think.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:16:16 am »

Removing [SOFT] on all of the clothing in item_*.txt would make them not degrade, I think.
No, they degrade because they're a wearable item without the ARMOR tag.  Removing SOFT and making clothing out of metal (e.g. masks) will still see the items degrading within the same time period.

As mentioned above, the only solution is removing non-ARMOR clothing or adding the ARMOR tag to existing clothing.  This means that all non-combat sentients in both fortress and adventure mode will not wear or claim any clothing.  Combatants will still equip whatever items of clothing/armor that they can fit on, and your dwarves can be told to wear the same things they could before via the military screen, although removing them from their squads will result in de-equipping all worn clothing/armor.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 02:05:54 pm »

Really? Wiki says that things with [HARD] won't degrade, and that not having [SOFT] or [HARD] defaults to the latter. I haven't tested this at all, the wiki could be out of date.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Morrolan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:15:07 am »

Really? Wiki says that things with [HARD] won't degrade
Tested. [HARD] don't help. :(