Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Lets Play : Minecraft Experiment

(1/8) > >>

Kynrael:
(I'm not sure this was the right forum to post, but I think it fits in !)

I've had an idea with Minecraft, and I hope you like it too.
This is the basic idea :
Someone plays through a solo game, building stuff, roleplaying about what he builds, does, etc, until he dies. When that is done, he stops playing (or only to reset spawn and such), and gives the save out.
Then the other players must investigate his game and try, from what information they gather in the game (signs that he left, buildings, etc) understand what he was doing, creating, how he died... Rewrite his history. (Without worrying about dying)
This can be a collaborative effort, people sharing opinions, etc. The purpose of the first player is to create a logical and interesting world to explore and try to comprehend.
This until they get bored from the world or figure out most of the things, then another player starts creating a world.

To start off, here is my save :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27894007/Ademonis.zip
To use it, you must have Minecraft 1.8.1 with no mods installed. Go to your AppData (type %appdata% in your search bar if you don't know where it is) and .minecraft folder, then extract the zip into .minecraft/saves.

I hope you find this interesting and fun ! :)

Roboboy33:
I'll be first! Downloading the save now

warhammer651:
so can multiple people do it at once? like several teams of archaeologists on one world?

forsaken1111:
Interesting idea. Could be quite a while between turns if people are careful. I will watch and maybe try this out later

Roboboy33:
I think once I die, i give it to the next guy to explore what i did and previous people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version