Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36

Author Topic: Pixel Tribe  (Read 109716 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Pixel Tribe
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 02:22:22 am »

Ibid builds a shrine to the gods using rocks and earth.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 02:26:58 am »

Dmitri investigates the possibility of assembling simple tools.

We must deforest the forest.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 02:38:24 am »

In the absence of anything else to do, Angris blocks the river at the bottom of the screen.

Because really, we have no tools! We can't do much else! Sure, we can explore, but I just don't feel like it.

Also, if you guys are wondering how I got this color, I just put in color=#FCD116. Apparently SMF forums support hex colors! I never knew that.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 02:52:34 am »

Look for fist sized rocks. Sharpen them somewhat and use them as basic tools.

Elkori will do this.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:08 am »

In the absence of anything else to do, Angris blocks the river at the bottom of the screen.

Because really, we have no tools! We can't do much else! Sure, we can explore, but I just don't feel like it.

Also, if you guys are wondering how I got this color, I just put in color=#FCD116. Apparently SMF forums support hex colors! I never knew that.

i like that color, i think i'll keep it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 03:38:36 am »

He also creates a ceremonial staff, out of the nicest rocks and sticks.  It should look like this:

Except taller. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 07:19:24 am »

Big Eared Tall Brown, called... Uh... Alice, punches trees.
Dmitri investigates the possibility of assembling simple tools.

We must deforest the forest.

Look for fist sized rocks. Sharpen them somewhat and use them as basic tools.
Elkori will do this.

Deciding to cut the crap, the tribesmen disclose their genders,

Angris, Alice and Dmitri reveal themselves to be male, Elkori and Ibid declare they are female.

They all agree Alice is a very strange name for a male, and he leaves the company of the others very Annoyed, decided to take his rage on a tree.

Intimidated by the bigger trees, he takes his rage on a sapling.

The poor thing is no match for Alice's Rage Enhanced Superstrength and snaps easilly. Alice has discovered his Talent.

Ibid, feeling spiritual, sets her mind into constructing a shrine to please the spirits.

To the south, near the Big Tree and the Large Stones, she finds some more Conveniently Sized Stones.

She carefully piles them, into a monument to the kindness of the spirits. She is not very pleased with her work, she feels Priestly Functions don't fit very well with her chosen Vocation of Chief. Perhaps one day, when the tribe is more well off, she can use her Chiefly Functions to mobilize the tribesmen into working on a Project.

Dmitri ponders on the possiblity of creating Tools out of Materials

He concludes that yes, it is possible to create Tools out of Materials, and shares his conclusion with Angris and Elkori. He discovers his Talent is Insightfullness
Elkori is inspired by Dmitri's cogitations, and decides to put his science to practice. She also admires him for his pretty skin tone.

She looks arround for Materials. She encounters a Conveniently Sized Stone and a Felled Sapling on the ground by Alice's side

She takes the Conveniently Sized Stone, which, for convenience, will be referred to as Rock from now on,

and hits with it on a larger Stone, breaking pieces to make a sharp edge.

She makes a very usefull Stone Knife

Despite being warned by others that his idea wouldn't work, and even if it did, it wouldn't serve any productive purpose, Angris, who is Male, perhaps even Macho!, decides to carry on with his intent of damming the Thicket.

He finds an Inconveniently Sized But Not Exactly Large Stone, which he plans to move, and which i'll further refer to as simply Stone

And rolls it all the way to the Thicket

Managing to divert the course of the stream a few inches for the length of a couple feet. This was a feat of Incredible Manliness, not because it required exceptional toughness or strength, but because it required superhuman stubbornness.

Spoiler: Tribesmen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:26:20 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 07:23:35 am »

What about the ceremonial staff?  Or is it being made by the crafter already? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 07:52:58 am »

that's priestly stuff, and ibid can't take the role of a shaman, her vocation is already chosen. besides, there's really no proper materials, it'd just be a regular stick. wait until we have hunted some animals so we can decorate it with exotic feathers and skulls

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 07:56:19 am »

that's priestly stuff, and ibid can't take the role of a shaman, her vocation is already chosen. besides, there's really no proper materials, it'd just be a regular stick. wait until we have hunted some animals so we can decorate it with exotic feathers and skulls

Your excessive usage of Bold is funny, keep doing it.  And ok, I guess that's a good reason, do the pixes ( vote for tribe name ) have any weapons?  Other than neanderthal level rock-knives? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 08:11:35 am »

they're very naive, but very intelligent, with some innate hidden knowledge just waiting for the proper trigger to be recalled. right now, homo-habilis level stone handaxe\knife is the full extent of their technology, but they're expected to double, possibly even triple the level of their technology before the day ends

the bold is to highlight game related terms, in the style of old snes and game boy games. i'm having fun doing it... unfortunately i'm not seeing an opportunity to use it legitimately in this post, so disregard this last sentence, it served just to vent my craving for bold and serves no actual purpose

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 08:15:03 am »

Alrighty then. 

Have Ibid organize the pix's ( once their all done with their actions ) into doing a project where they will build a communal house. This will serve as the base of operations.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 08:16:07 am »

Dmitri will perceive beyond the veil of space and time to design an axe.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 08:29:15 am »

Alrighty then. 

Have Ibid organize the pix's ( once their all done with their actions ) into doing a project where they will build a communal house. This will serve as the base of operations.
I'll take this suggestion, but i'll request that you(or somebody else) give me a more specific suggestion about what kind of "House". to my mind come 3 different variations: a Shelter built solely with Vegetation, a Shelter built with Vegetation against some Large Stones, a shelter built on the branches of a Large Tree. pick one of these, or suggest something else, if you're feeling creative

EDIT:also, it is Noon
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:32:34 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 08:32:43 am »

The Vegetation and Large Stones house, please. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36