Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ok now I'm creeped out...  (Read 8699 times)

Steelgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ok now I'm creeped out...
« on: September 21, 2011, 10:24:29 am »

A three year old just made an artifact doll from the skull of his dead kitten. I can only assume the mind control lasted past death.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Ok now I'm creeped out...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:28:44 am »

"Look, mommy!  Now I can play with Mister Fluffles forever!"
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:22:26 am »

Oh, you've gotta share the artifact with us. Pic of the description, or just the description in text will do.

I'm guessing the kitten possessed the child and used it to craft an eternal body for it.  When you don't look, it moves on its own to guide your fortress...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:32:35 am »

Oh, you've gotta share the artifact with us. Pic of the description, or just the description in text will do.

I'm guessing the kitten possessed the child and used it to craft an eternal body for it.  When you don't look, it moves on its own to guide your fortress...
The in-game incarnation of the overseer?

DEAR ARMOK I JUST REALIZED WHAT CATS TRULY ARE

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 11:33:35 am »

It's an effigy. Poor kid. What happened to his cat?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 11:45:34 am »

Either a butcher got him (He was owned, so this is unlikely) or he was subject to the Necro910 Effect.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 11:59:12 am »

Either a butcher got him (He was owned, so this is unlikely) or he was subject to the Necro910 Effect.
MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

couldn't resist
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 12:02:22 pm »

Badgers happen...

I hope the Doll/Kitten's name wasn't Chucky. Then you'd have to apply the Necro910 Effect™ extremely quickly. (For more information, please see post above... or below if writing a reply)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Steelgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 12:22:52 pm »

It, uh, lost an encounter with a capybara. Yes, the big rodent killed the kitty. And two wardogs and a puppy after that.
I'm pretty sure I'm putting this kid in the military when he gets older, train the hell out of him, and give him the best stuff. I mean, c'mon, if making an artifact from the skull of your cat isn't the start of a legendary hero, I don't know what is.
I will also take suggestions on what to rename him.
Twitchy?
Maddog?
Kittenrevenger?

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 12:37:51 pm »

Call him 'Bara bane, and train him up only on Capybaras. he shall be the scourge of giant rodents everywhere! Plus, it'll be like he has a manual vermin hunter tag, so he'll be just like his kitty.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 12:40:18 pm »

If you're into danger rooms, you may want to try a low-danger danger room on the kid, while still growing up. What's better than a just-matured dwarf with legendary fighting/dodging skills?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Steelgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Capybara Man! (was Re: Ok now I'm creeped out...)
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 01:39:27 pm »

It's obvious!

Bruce Wayne Moldath Pastsmith was an innocent child, when his parents kitten was brutally murdered by a capybara,  :o their sudden horrible long lingering death, trying to drag itself around on one leg drove him into a need for justice! caused an unhappy thought  :-X . Days later, at their grave bloody spot on the ground, the child vows that "by the spirits of my parents kitten [I will] avenge their it's deaths by spending the rest of my life warring on all criminals capybaras, and whatever else I feel like killing."
Like all legendary heroes first he he had to go a little batshit capybara shit crazy. Taking the skull of his precious Eshtan Oddomstath, and encircling it with dog bone, adding the final touch of some menacing goblin bone spikes, all of it, of course, of the highest quality, a, um, doll was created to remind him of his vow. And cuddle with at night.

And so was born CAPYBARA MAN! >:(

He shall be encased in the skins of his enemy, his determination (and some adamantine plate) armoring him from his enemies!

He shall feast on (as much as I can get from the merchants) the flesh (*capybara roast*) of his enemy.

A training room, in an active volcano of course, where he can practice in (enforced) isolation shall be made. Indeed, it shall be dubbed The Capybara Cave!

The great sages (that's you guys by the way) shall be consulted on other probably sadistic, and definitely amusing things that shall entail the great epic legendary tale that will be CAPYBARA MAN!

NOW CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE CAPYBARAS OF WAR!!!! (which I will have to mod in)

This was going to be my magma landmine test run, but hell this is more fun.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 07:02:01 pm »

I didn't know skulls could be used in artifacts *hasn't played much .25 yet*.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 09:19:31 pm »

This should be good. I've always enjoyed badass vigilante dudes. you also need to assign the kid a butler, who lives in the Capybara cave and sometimes dons the Cloak to fight in Capybara Man's place. He also needs a dog and a spunky, catch-phrasing sidekick who always points out the obvious. The kid also needs to be very popular, or at least well known.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 09:20:56 pm »

This should be good. I've always enjoyed badass vigilante dudes. you also need to assign the kid a butler, who lives in the Capybara cave and sometimes dons the Cloak to fight in Capybara Man's place. He also needs a dog and a spunky, catch-phrasing sidekick who always points out the obvious. The kid also needs to be very popular, or at least well known.
And he must fight a Capybara-man modded to have [CAN_LEARN] that has legendary comedian!
Pages: [1] 2 3