Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!  (Read 9593 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:37:36 am »

Okay. So after reading the short story Cupcakes, I've decided to do a succession fortress using the My Little Fortress mod! There are some changes, which are most easily guessed by reading the story. That will give you the easiest example.

Having now started to gen the world, other changes will be listed.

I've put all standard races back into the game.

Starting build will be

2 miners
1 wood cutter
1 carpenter
1 mason
1 mechanic
1 farmer

Rest of the points will be put into seeds, drink, food, and tools. Aim is to be self-sufficient by end of the first turn.

Players list
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To be ponied list

Cupcake flavours list

Current Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4982
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:35:26 pm by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 04:48:29 am »

The Nourishing Dale heads off into the swamp to found Dreamsflower....well, lets see if they do, shall we?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 08:05:19 am »

I'll take turn two!
FOR PONY!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:06:51 am by Crazy Cow »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 09:08:46 am »

I'll take turn two!
FOR PONY!

You're up there now.

Joey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 12:25:40 pm »

Could I be dorfed pony'd? If yes, i'd like to be the mechanic.

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 12:37:03 pm »

A Pony Succession fort?
Spoiler: Colthulhu Approves (click to show/hide)

Don't want to take a turn (Too many projects not enough time.) but if someone would name a pony "The Foal" for me I'd appreciate it.  :)   
Don't really care what profession or if it dies horribly.  ;)
Tis far better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 05:10:50 pm »

Okay, I'll pony you now.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 02:37:42 am »

I'll sign up for sometime this weekend. Hoping to get some work done before next week.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 02:58:49 am »

I'll finish my turn today. Sorry about the short story with no real mention of characters. Had a tough time keeping my ponies happy and working.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 03:34:49 am »

Turn done, will edit first post with save link when uploaded.

STORY DUMP!

Diary of the GLORIOUS LEADER Dsarker!

Date: 2nd Granite 166

Well, we've arrived. The whole place is dead...with some of it UNdead. I've ordered our miner earth ponies to start digging us out a safe place. We'll try to start our farming operation very quickly, before we run out of food or drink

14th Granite

The undead fish assault us again. We've repelled them without losses, but how long can it last? One of our pack animals got one of them last time, but that was pure luck...this defensive line is our only safeguard... If somepony finds this, RUN AWAY. THE FISH COME!!!!

12th Slate

We've moved most of our supplies underground. We've just got to get enough wood to start a brewing operation and to make enough beds for all.

Soon.

7th Felsite

We've started our farms. The plump helmets will be growing soon. Our next crop requires light, so we're building a cover that will protect us enough from any rampaging undead fish.

Our miners are digging an apartment complex as we speak, and our carpenter has started work. If we could get enough stone, we'd have our mechanic working, too....

22nd Felsite

Our militia commander is very unhappy, and has been that way since the first undead fish attack...I wonder why...

Our farms are running on schedule. They will be completed as planned.

14th Hematite

Farms are running at full speed. We should have enough supplies to last until we get the caravan.

21st Malachite

Migrants have arrived. A cheesemaker and a woodcrafter.

Useless..for the moment.

4th Galena

We're making the still and starting brewing...this could be it...

We've also got our mechanic working, finally.

15th Limestone

I've decided to grab one of the crossbows that the Cheesemaker made and some bolts and stand outside taking potshots at the undead. Protect our labourers...

13th Sandstone

We're digging the dining room out. Soon...SOON!

20th Sandstone

More migrants have arrived...good. A miner, another cheese maker, and a sheep and a leopard.

8th Timber

My time as leader is soon to pass...

My reign was marked with great success...and great joys. We shall soon see how the next ruler reigns.

26th Timber

This will be my last entry. I write this outside the fort, in the bitter winds. I am passing on leadership of the fort. I must protect it from the undead monstrosities, and cannot do that and manage it too.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 09:46:18 am »

*cracks knuckles*

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 11:52:29 am »

Overseer's Journal
Crazy Rubbedhoney

1st of Moonstone
Dsarker retired as overseer today. I took up the mantle of leader and immediately set about planning the year out.
Thankfully, Dsarker was focused on getting our fortress supplied properly. I think he went overboard, what with the enormous farm plots, but we have a good variety of crops so we should be fine. Basic commodities have been taken care of, with the exception of water. We have plenty of drinks, but water is much more management-free. I shall tap the river (safely, of course; I know what I'm doing) to provide safe drinking water.
The miners were part of an improvised militia, which I relieved. I am now the militia commander, seeing as I know what the hay I'm doing.
I believe that my efforts are going to be focused on defense. Our entrance is naturally defendable, but it could be better. Once the spring migrants arrive, I can get a functional militia going, with only the minor problem that we have no weapons or armor available getting in the way.
In the meantime, Dsarker has the skills to defend us against any undead monsters. Being a unicorn, he is capable of operating a crossbow, and that will have to do for now. The miners are even now undergoing exploratory mining to find any kind of metal we can use.
Spoiler: Crazy Rubbedhoney (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Plans (click to show/hide)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 02:02:38 pm »

Overseer's Journal
Crazy Rubbedhoney

1st of Granite
Progress on the gatehouse goes well. Unexpected news, however, was reported by our miners. They struck lignite immediately after they started digging. Following the lignite vein, they found tetrahedrite. Following that, they found magnetite. I honestly couldn't hope for better news, and we have set up several forges, ready for when we have the horsepower to get a metalworking industry going.
The river froze soon after I took command, and snow began following a few days later. It certainly looks much more peaceful now, with all the dead foliage covered by snow. This might sound crazy, but I swear that the grass is growing, despite being dead. This place is about as creepy as it can get, lacking only ancient ruins filled with dark secrets to complete the picture.
Zombies and skeletons continue to attack, and continue to be chased back by Dsarker and I. I've suffered a few bruises and cuts, and I would give my wings for a set of armor right about now. That will come soon, hopefully before summer, and then we can get a true militia together.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 03:53:03 pm »

Winter to winter, I'd say.

You look to be doing quite well :P the reason for the over production of crops is that you can convert them to wood in the MLP mod.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 04:45:30 pm »

Overseer's Journal
Crazy Rubbedhoney

1st of Hematite
Migrants arrived, bringing our population up past thirty. Our metal industry was quickly up and running, and the militia was fleshed out with four new recruits. Wax, Branch, and Valley joined me in the Silky Eyes, our melee squad, while Sweet Springs joined Dsarker in the Intricite Hooves, our ranged squad. The courtyard has been completed; the militia will spend most of their time training there, and any enemies that wish to attack have to quite literally go through us first.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4