Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hoy often do you get fey/possessed weaponsmiths?  (Read 2149 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Hoy often do you get fey/possessed weaponsmiths?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 11:01:46 pm »

In both of the last two major forts I started, my first mood was a weaponsmith in the first autumn.

In both of the last two major forts I started, my legendary weaponsmith got killed off by some nasty monster in the first winter.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 11:08:20 pm »

"Smith" gets a lot of chances in the mood lottery, so if you have a lot of low-skill smithing among your hauler class as others have mentioned, you'll get more Smithing moods.  I'm not sure if they have to have at least novice, at least dabbling, or just smithing enabled, but I'm sure a little skill making something useless (statues which are then remelted if not masterpiece?) wouldn't hurt.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Lormax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 03:05:59 am »

Statues are considered weapon or armorsmith?  I think that's just Metalsmithing

geail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 08:16:57 am »

Statues are considered weapon or armorsmith?  I think that's just Metalsmithing

Statues are considered Blacksmithing (most furniture); there is also Metalcrafting which is primarily metal crafts, studs, and chains.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 08:47:03 am »

"Smith" gets a lot of chances in the mood lottery, so if you have a lot of low-skill smithing among your hauler class as others have mentioned, you'll get more Smithing moods.  I'm not sure if they have to have at least novice, at least dabbling, or just smithing enabled, but I'm sure a little skill making something useless (statues which are then remelted if not masterpiece?) wouldn't hurt.
The weighting only takes the dwarf's profession into account, so if they're Peasants they'll be less likely to be selected even if they'd become a metalworker.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 07:39:59 pm »

After I posted this I DID get an artefact buckler... but it was made of cow bone(woooooo..................) .... so yeah I get a lot of bonecarver ones. -_-;;

I am turning on a lot of useless-skilled migrants to have armour-smithing and weapon-smithing, and i'll tell them to make my bolts and some crap armour!

Also: I had a forgotten beast made of flames, and it's corpse is.. well... flames. Do I touch it? or no? before it died it was perpetually setting fire to my whole cavern area >.> stupid thing.
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »

I think a flame of corpse will still burn you.  Therefore, touch it.

Shields have a good selling value, as I recall.  Spam copper shields!  Do wooden/leather shields count for armorsmithing or for carpentry/leather?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 07:55:55 pm »

To train...yeah. Spam an abundant amount of weapon/armour/craft out of an abundant metal. Isolate 5-6 dorfs with ample bars and leave them to it until you see loads of "Masterpiece" notifications. Then you can stop.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!
Pages: 1 [2]