Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civil Protection  (Read 2273 times)

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civil Protection
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:17:07 pm »

Attention community. Unrest procedure code is now in effect. Inoculate, shield, pacify. Code; pressure, sword, sterilize.
Attention, all ground protection teams. Judgment waiver now in effect. Capital prosecution is discretionary.

-

OK here's the problem: a miner goes nuts and cuts five civilians in half.  Now all their friends and relatives are attacking people/jumping off cliffs including your military.

Solution: In several key locations of your fort build mini forts with one dwarf in each.  In this fort is a farm, a bed, a distillery and some barrels.  All a dwarf needs to keep himself going.  Any unused floor is covered in danger-room training spears.

This dwarf goes about his business with a mining pick in hand.  His room is sealed off from the rest of the fort by a flood gate.  Pressure plates placed around the fort lower this flood gate releasing a highly dangerous dwarf with absolutely no friends.  He (and as many other dwarves as you build these rooms for) kill off all the violent dwarfs and once order is restored they are locked back in their mini-forts.  The perfect dwarven police force.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Civil Protection
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:21:02 pm »

Attention community. Unrest procedure code is now in effect. Inoculate, shield, pacify. Code; pressure, sword, sterilize.
Attention, all ground protection teams. Judgment waiver now in effect. Capital prosecution is discretionary.

-

OK here's the problem: a miner goes nuts and cuts five civilians in half.  Now all their friends and relatives are attacking people/jumping off cliffs including your military.

Solution: In several key locations of your fort build mini forts with one dwarf in each.  In this fort is a farm, a bed, a distillery and some barrels.  All a dwarf needs to keep himself going.  Any unused floor is covered in danger-room training spears.

This dwarf goes about his business with a mining pick in hand.  His room is sealed off from the rest of the fort by a flood gate.  Pressure plates placed around the fort lower this flood gate releasing a highly dangerous dwarf with absolutely no friends.  He (and as many other dwarves as you build these rooms for) kill off all the violent dwarfs and once order is restored they are locked back in their mini-forts.  The perfect dwarf clean-up crew.
Fixed.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 02:23:05 pm »

You're going to need to have them watch a lot of things die to make them not care about anything anymore. I recommend you have all their cells have fortifications letting them view a pit where you routinely murder kittens.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:30:58 pm »

You're going to need to have them watch a lot of things die to make them not care about anything anymore. I recommend you have all their cells have fortifications letting them view a pit where you routinely murder kittens.
Better yet, have said kittens as his food supply as well!

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 02:41:48 pm »

I forget, will dwarves butcher splattered animals? You could have a drop pit that is actually connected to the isolation chamber, so that the dwarf can collect the raining flesh to use as sustenance.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 02:43:30 pm »

I forget, will dwarves butcher splattered animals? You could have a drop pit that is actually connected to the isolation chamber, so that the dwarf can collect the raining flesh to use as sustenance.
That sounded...

kinky.

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 02:45:37 pm »

Limbs would get caught in the fortifications.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 04:00:29 pm »

They do. Good way to train up a legendary butcher is to have him work on every captured, untamed beast, or rather what they become after a 20 z-level drop in your mass pitting system. However, rorfs don't butcher splattered tame animals.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."