Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 269078 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory
« Reply #1035 on: September 27, 2011, 07:55:50 pm »

Why?!?

Oh well. Damned demons and their damned demons powers.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 27, 2011, 09:35:06 pm »

I'm pretty happy with this result, I must say. I've been 3rd party in enough Supernaturals and Paranormals that it's about time that I won one... I know we've had Non-SK Alien victories, but have we had any SK victories in one of Meph's games before? This might be a first!

The "one impious, one pious priest" claim was originally meant to keep the Vampires from wanting to convert me... though if I was converted, I could have significantly ruined the Town, I really wanted to try and swing a lone SK victory. Glad it worked out!

I knew that with Cult, I couldn't get away with killing without giving myself up... and though it made the game a bit harder, not killing definitely helped make me look Priestly in the long run. I was extremely glad that most all of the players we lynched were Vampires, and the one who wasn't was a Vanilla Townie... it'd have been a good bit harder to pass off a lack of resurrections otherwise!

I had a half-concieved notion to accept Leaf's Devil Deal if offered, but actually refuse and use my Demon Kill on him instead... the idea was to claim that it happened before his win condition triggered, thus preventing my death: I couldn't defy the deal and keep myself above suspicion, and I also didn't want the Devil Deal to kill 3 people, in case it caused the scum to have a clear majority, and gave me up to them (due to the lack of a Game Over). Not sure if I would have done it, but it was a tentative gambit.

Really bummed about our absent players and replacements, but I thought it was a challenging and fun game nevertheless... thanks to folks who stuck it out or replaced in, and thanks to Meph for running this, and making the game possible!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 27, 2011, 09:39:30 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89665.msg2636956#msg2636956

That was the post where I became 100% sure that Solifuge was a demon and was going to win the game.

Meph, was Solifuge pious before he got demonified?  Could a demon have been converted?

Ottofar, no matter how it looks, always fight back- never give up.

Good game- I enjoyed it!  While my lynch was (semi) correct, it still proved one point- you should always give the simplest option serious consideration.  I was indeed telling the truth.

I also screwed up early on where I gave Kilakan a free pass- the game would have been very different if I had blocked him like I originally had intended to do.  I suggested Josh as a last night convert as he had been lurking/absent so much- a replacement would have no prior meta to answer to.  I figured Native would be dead in the morning, Max was the obvious choice to convert, and I didn't want to risk the game on Solifuge being a failed convert.

Congrats, Solifuge!  You're very patient.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 27, 2011, 09:52:28 pm »

Thankee! Along with being patient, as a SK I learned the value of just barely skirting the line between "Too Potentially Useful To Town To Lynch" and "Too Suspicious To Bother Scumkilling/Converting". I guess I should've given some pause to consider your Vamphood more thoroughly, as I really did want to trust you... but supporting you based on facts I knew (there was a Guard, and you flipped such), while maintaining indifference on your Scumhood kept me skirting that line.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 27, 2011, 10:02:58 pm »

Meph, was Solifuge pious before he got demonified?  Could a demon have been converted?

Solifuge was neither pious nor unpious. As for demons being converted...well, I'll leave that a secret.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 27, 2011, 10:05:31 pm »

So I take it that a priests res is pious depending on either
1. Random chance, or
2. What actions they take in game.

Because priests only other action is their vote, I would guess that their vote can make them unpious. Taking a stab in the dark and saying that if a priest helps mislynch a townie, they become unpious.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 27, 2011, 10:07:32 pm »

As I recall some priests are pious, some impious, while some have a random chance to resurrect normally or demonically.

None of this is ever revealed to the priest.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 27, 2011, 10:49:54 pm »

Damn, I called that too! I was screwed either way. D:
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 28, 2011, 12:36:14 pm »

Fuck.

Fuck!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 28, 2011, 09:52:06 am »

Wha? Wow, I just checked this after like two months and I can't believe that my resurrect at the beginning actually laid the foundation for Soli's first SK victory.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 29, 2011, 09:32:49 am »

This is a seventy page Mafia topic. Wow. I this a first?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 29, 2011, 10:18:12 am »

No.

Shush, now.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]