Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Wild West Mafia - GAME OVER - Scum Win!  (Read 140037 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day3 [3/9] - Mexican standoff.
« Reply #360 on: October 24, 2011, 10:13:58 pm »

Also, I was roleblocked again.

Funny how you forget to mention who your target was.

It's almost like you're not a Cop at all.

So, you didn't kill me because I would be easy to lynch?
How is that not incredibly scummy?

It doesn't really matter how scummy you find it since with no Vigilante counterclaim (from me since I'd be the only person able to do it) he's a confirmed townie at this point.

I guess that won't stop you from desperately throwing crap at him.

So, why did you kill Urist over Jim?

Angry your path through lylo isn't going to be as easy as you hoped?

Tell me why you want me dead over Urist Imiknorris and then maybe we can get to talking. And why'd you forget to mention NativeForeigner? I guess you already knew he was going to die so no need to ask McArathos about that.

Orangebottle, for all the stuff yesterday about him making stuff up to placate me and all the other scummy stuff he did, and also for him being lying fakeclaiming scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 24, 2011, 10:20:13 pm »

Wow, I already explained this, didn't I?  I had no real suspicions on Jim, and Urist was my number 2 pick (hell, I was voting him BEFORE Shark, remember?)

What really ticks me off is the twisting of my words: "You kept me around because I was an easy lynch, what a scummy admission".

You COMPLETELY omitted the part where I said IF YOU WERE LYING.  You conveniently MISSED the part where I said "If he's telling the truth, LYLO with two confirmed townies is too easy".

I deliberately kept you around because I felt you might be telling the truth, and if Jim was scum he'd be fucked.  Two confirmed townies in a 3-man LYLO?  We can't lost.  Instead, you immediately start slinging shit as though I'm fake claiming.  You're panicking, and I know from the last BM game I played with you not to assume you're incompetent.  You're a crafty fucker, Orangebottle, but you're not escaping the noose here.  You'd better have some seriously good arguments if you really ARE a cop, because right now you're reading panicked scum to me.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 25, 2011, 12:49:18 am »

Also, I was roleblocked again.

Funny how you forget to mention who your target was.

It's almost like you're not a Cop at all.
You.
I had no read on you whatsoever, so I investigated you and got blocked.

It doesn't really matter how scummy you find it since with no Vigilante counterclaim (from me since I'd be the only person able to do it) he's a confirmed townie at this point.
By that logic, I'm also confirmed town because I claimed cop and there wasn't a counter.
Which means you're the only person who could be scum.
Why are you trying to lynch me with bullshit, Jim?

Angry your path through lylo isn't going to be as easy as you hoped?

Angry? Where did I ever look angry in that post?

Tell me why you want me dead over Urist Imiknorris and then maybe we can get to talking. And why'd you forget to mention NativeForeigner? I guess you already knew he was going to die so no need to ask McArathos about that.
Because he said it was between you, me, and Imiknorris. That's why.

What really ticks me off is the twisting of my words: "You kept me around because I was an easy lynch, what a scummy admission".
Twisting your words? No. You said it yourself.

You COMPLETELY omitted the part where I said IF YOU WERE LYING.  You conveniently MISSED the part where I said "If he's telling the truth, LYLO with two confirmed townies is too easy".
If you thought this was the case, why didn't you immediately start hunting Jim?

I deliberately kept you around because I felt you might be telling the truth, and if Jim was scum he'd be fucked.  Two confirmed townies in a 3-man LYLO?  We can't lost.  Instead, you immediately start slinging shit as though I'm fake claiming.  You're panicking, and I know from the last BM game I played with you not to assume you're incompetent.  You're a crafty fucker, Orangebottle, but you're not escaping the noose here.  You'd better have some seriously good arguments if you really ARE a cop, because right now you're reading panicked scum to me.
Wow. You're really good at making shit up, aren't you?
1. I was never "slinging shit". I asked you two questions. Sure, one of them is saying you did something scummy. But the point is, you're overreacting. Stop it.
2. I'm not panicking. If you want an example of me panicking, look at day one.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 25, 2011, 12:50:51 am »

EBWODP: Day 2.
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 25, 2011, 01:46:22 am »

By that logic, I'm also confirmed town because I claimed cop and there wasn't a counter.
Which means you're the only person who could be scum.
Why are you trying to lynch me with bullshit, Jim?

Nope.

Kills are verifiable, since, you know, there are roleflips happening and people getting killed and all that. Roleblocked cop claims are not.

When you asked a question McArathos already answered.

Wow. You're really good at making shit up, aren't you?

The defense of ages.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 25, 2011, 02:20:24 am »

Nope.

Kills are verifiable, since, you know, there are roleflips happening and people getting killed and all that. Roleblocked cop claims are not.
SK is a possible role. Why are you suddenly forgetting this?

When you asked a question McArathos already answered.
There's a big difference between anger and stupidity, Jim.

Also: Jim.
Why?
Because if I'm the cop, and Arathos is confirmed to be a non-mafia killing role, Jim must be our roleblocker.
He's also trying to buddy up to Arathos by confirming him as town because Arathos killed two townies.
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 25, 2011, 03:08:50 am »

I hadn't forgotten. If McArathos is the SK then there's no way the town can win and it doesn't really matter what I do. So I opt to play like the town still has a chance, and this means assuming McArathos is a Vigilante instead of SK.

Further, McArathos' targets are in line with his suspicions, which he's made clear over the course of the game and has surprised nobody with. If he is an SK then he is doing an excellent job masquerading as a Vigilante. Or more simply, and more likely, he's a Vigilante.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 25, 2011, 08:05:29 am »

I hadn't forgotten. If McArathos is the SK then there's no way the town can win and it doesn't really matter what I do. So I opt to play like the town still has a chance, and this means assuming McArathos is a Vigilante instead of SK.
True, true.

Further, McArathos' targets are in line with his suspicions, which he's made clear over the course of the game and has surprised nobody with. If he is an SK then he is doing an excellent job masquerading as a Vigilante. Or more simply, and more likely, he's a Vigilante.

Are you trying to say that pretending to be a vigilante as an SK is hard? Because it isn't. God knows I've tried it in more than a few IRC Mafia games.

Seriously though. You have to be the final scum.
Arathos is confirmed as non-mafia by the lack of a counterclaim.
I'm the cop(and have claimed thus).
Which leaves you with a very convenient 'Vanilla Townie' claim which is, quite frankly, impossible.

I'd also like to point out that you were just fine with my claim yesterday. Is it suddenly unbelievable because I forgot to include a target in my most recent claim?
My Sig

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 2 [6/9] - You could use some coffins.
« Reply #368 on: October 25, 2011, 03:07:03 pm »

Day 3
Votecount:
-Urist_McArathos:
-Jim Groovester: Orangebottle
-Orangebottle: Jim Groovester, Urist_McArathos

Not Voting :

1 more to extend.
2 more to shorten.
The day will end Wednesday 8PM GMT
---

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 25, 2011, 07:07:28 pm »

Are you trying to say that pretending to be a vigilante as an SK is hard? Because it isn't. God knows I've tried it in more than a few IRC Mafia games.

So what?

I'm not about to vote him for it, because like I already said,

If McArathos is the SK then there's no way the town can win and it doesn't really matter what I do. So I opt to play like the town still has a chance, and this means assuming McArathos is a Vigilante instead of SK.

I'd also like to point out that you were just fine with my claim yesterday. Is it suddenly unbelievable because I forgot to include a target in my most recent claim?

That was before Shark, NativeForeigner, and Urist Imiknorris flipped town.

You can't expect that I'm not going to reevaluate all my suspicions at lylo, and currently it's a choice between a Vigilante claimant who has consistently made his suspicions clear and chose targets in line with them and a Cop claimant who admitted to making crap up because he wanted me to get off his case.

The Cop claimant obviously wins that race.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 26, 2011, 12:31:21 am »

I haven't ruled out the possibility that Jim is the scum player, but what I've noticed from Jim is pretty consistent town play.  Granted, he's a skilled enough player that this could easily be Scum Jim exploiting a pair of weak players at LYLO, but lynching him because he's the strongest player of us and MIGHT be good scum is just plain bad play.

On the other hand, Orangebottle, you seemed fairly determined to get one of us to vote the other.  You've painted my reasons for my kills as scummy, reminded Jim that I could be an SK and shouldn't be trusted, and then tell me that Jim is clearly buddying.

Because if I'm the cop, and Arathos is confirmed to be a non-mafia killing role, Jim must be our roleblocker.
He's also trying to buddy up to Arathos by confirming him as town because Arathos killed two townies.

This statement is true, but relies entirely on that "if".  Unfortunately for you, once you claimed Cop you sealed your fate.  There was no way you WOULDN'T be blocked or killed (if you were a cop), and my money was on blocked (since it's much more WIFOM to keep you alive and blocked than dead and flip town).  Worse, since you'd already been blocked, I can't see why you'd bother claiming.  Your claim had nothing to help town (since you couldn't provide a confirmed townie, and would be eliminated as a power role immediately after claiming), and only helped save you from the noose.  To me, that's the worst part: you claimed cop to stay alive, and in fact hurt town more than helped in doing do.

This is precisely the scenario a skilled scum player like Jim would want at LYLO.  Unfortunately (for you), I'm not going to lynch Jim on this fact alone.  If you're not the cop, it's a draw (since I'm assuming we'll target each other and either both kill each other in the night, or just stay at stalemate).  Since you have no way to prove you're a cop, I have to assume neither of you are confirmed townies and lynch the scummier of the two and hope I make the right call.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 26, 2011, 12:40:54 am »

On the other hand, Orangebottle, you seemed fairly determined to get one of us to vote the other.  You've painted my reasons for my kills as scummy, reminded Jim that I could be an SK and shouldn't be trusted, and then tell me that Jim is clearly buddying.
Probably because I'm the scummiest player and there's no way it could possibly get any worse. But, at this point, I'm convinced that Jim is the last Mafia.

This statement is true, but relies entirely on that "if".  Unfortunately for you, once you claimed Cop you sealed your fate.  There was no way you WOULDN'T be blocked or killed (if you were a cop), and my money was on blocked (since it's much more WIFOM to keep you alive and blocked than dead and flip town).  Worse, since you'd already been blocked, I can't see why you'd bother claiming.  Your claim had nothing to help town (since you couldn't provide a confirmed townie, and would be eliminated as a power role immediately after claiming), and only helped save you from the noose.  To me, that's the worst part: you claimed cop to stay alive, and in fact hurt town more than helped in doing do.
Did you go into Night 2 thinking this? If so, you chose the wrong target.
This is precisely the scenario a skilled scum player like Jim would want at LYLO.  Unfortunately (for you), I'm not going to lynch Jim on this fact alone.  If you're not the cop, it's a draw (since I'm assuming we'll target each other and either both kill each other in the night, or just stay at stalemate).  Since you have no way to prove you're a cop, I have to assume neither of you are confirmed townies and lynch the scummier of the two and hope I make the right call.
I was afraid you'd say that. Because this post pretty much seals the game. It's quite evident from this post that there is literally no way for me to convince you that Jim is the last scum.
My Sig

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 26, 2011, 11:01:28 am »

Extend.. I want to get this right.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 26, 2011, 03:17:57 pm »

Day 3
Votecount:
-Urist_McArathos:
-Jim Groovester: Orangebottle
-Orangebottle: Jim Groovester, Urist_McArathos

Not Voting :

1 more to extend.
2 more to shorten.
The day is extended to Thursday 8PM GMT
---
Sorry for delay.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 27, 2011, 03:08:19 pm »

Day 3 End.

"It's decided. Orangebottle must be this treacherous bastard! Jim takes the gun and points the barrel at Orangebottle head. "Any last words ?" he asks. "Go to hell traitor. I hope y-" gunshot stops Orange in the middle of the sentence.
"To think he would cling to this lie and deny the truth even in the face of death. If he gave up earlier i wouldn't have to kill them."
Urist sighs and throws his knife into the nearest tunnel.
"Ah yes, i must thank you for that. You saved me a lot of trouble." Jim smiles as he pulls the trigger for the second time.
Urist falls on his side with a hole in the chest staring at Jim with face frozen in shock.
"hhow...". Jim smiles and lifts the second map piece to Urist eyes "Looks like he was telling the truth after all. And don't worry i'll take good care of our treasure".

Few days later the chase have found eight bodies in one of the abandoned mines but no trace of the stolen gold...

Orangebottle, Cop was lynched.
Jim Groovester, Mafia Roleblocker has won!

Scumchat: link
Deadchat: link
---
That's all folks! :P

Theoretically there could be an night phase but i decided to not prolong this any more.
So how was the game ? And nicely played Jim, sad thing about that extend though. :/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:11:07 pm by Simple »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26