Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Wild West Mafia - GAME OVER - Scum Win!  (Read 139245 times)

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - GAME OVER - Scum Win!
« Reply #375 on: October 27, 2011, 03:18:57 pm »

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Night Actions (click to show/hide)
---
And that's why i do not count vig as clearly town power increase.
Also Vig millerity was completely unnecessary. Also i need to be more consistent with night length. And apparently i suck at writing flavor that's better than stories written by preschoolers...  So what do you think about the game ?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:24:57 pm by Simple »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 27, 2011, 03:20:55 pm »

Welp. Congrats Jim.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 27, 2011, 03:35:43 pm »

Shit, should have extended again.  I didn't get my second reread like I wanted.  Good game, Jim.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 27, 2011, 03:36:51 pm »

Well that was disappointing. :/

Congrats, Jim.

Arathos, OB: Keep this in mind, when there's a game going on with some new faces and Jim, if Jim doesn't die my N2 he's usually scum.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 27, 2011, 07:21:34 pm »

Mwaha. Good game, all.

Arathos, OB: Keep this in mind, when there's a game going on with some new faces and Jim, if Jim doesn't die my N2 he's usually scum.

This is a variation of the WUBA Alive on Day 3 Rule, stating basically the same thing.

It's a meta argument. I hate meta arguments.

I hope you all enjoy the very detailed scum chat. Part of its purpose was to be educational since there were a lot of players I've never seen before and I think they and some of the recent Beginner's Mafia graduates could benefit from seeing how a player like me makes his decisions. It should also be a good read.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 27, 2011, 07:44:10 pm »

It was indeed very informative.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 27, 2011, 08:18:25 pm »

Quote from: Jim
I'll detail my thought process, because I plan to win this game spectacularly and I will document everything I do for posterity. It will be called, "How to Play Scum Like You Own the Whole Motherfucking Subforum."
This is going into my quotepile. And this scumchat should probably be suggested reading.

Quote from: Jim
Players in this game tend to be extraordinarily unsympathetic to claims that they're being controlled by some sort of mastermind.

Even if they are!

Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!
This is also awesome.

Very nice scumchat, and very nice game, from what I've seen of it. It's not often that you get to see a flawless scum game with a D1 scumlynch and unblocked vig surviving to LYLO.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 27, 2011, 08:21:42 pm »

Mwaha. Good game, all.

This is a variation of the WUBA Alive on Day 3 Rule, stating basically the same thing.

I hope you all enjoy the very detailed scum chat. Part of its purpose was to be educational since there were a lot of players I've never seen before and I think they and some of the recent Beginner's Mafia graduates could benefit from seeing how a player like me makes his decisions. It should also be a good read.

But sometimes it just makes sense.

Even being a more seasoned player, I did like the scumchat. Interesting monologue.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

musicalcakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 27, 2011, 08:42:40 pm »

Thanks for the interesting scumchat, Jim. It gave me some better insight on how people here play.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 27, 2011, 11:14:21 pm »

Mwaha. Good game, all.

Really though, I'm wondering what I could have done better to beat you.  I had this funny feeling about you around mid day 2, but it seemed...like poor play to vote you on a hunch.  I extended because I couldn't shake the feeling I had my vote wrong, but had nothing solid (I missed the GMT and since I don't know that time zone well, I completely screwed up being able to check in after work).  Yeah, I could have won if I'd gone with my gut...is that poor play, or no?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 27, 2011, 11:28:12 pm »

I had a great time learning from you guys
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 28, 2011, 12:21:46 am »

Really though, I'm wondering what I could have done better to beat you.  I had this funny feeling about you around mid day 2, but it seemed...like poor play to vote you on a hunch.  I extended because I couldn't shake the feeling I had my vote wrong, but had nothing solid (I missed the GMT and since I don't know that time zone well, I completely screwed up being able to check in after work).  Yeah, I could have won if I'd gone with my gut...is that poor play, or no?

I guess you could've shot me. That would've worked. I would have been... annoyed about it though, to say the least.

Your gut's a powerful tool, and you should listen to it, but you can't lynch people solely on a gut feeling. Depending on how well known you are for having good hunches, players might be more or less willing to let you get away with a vote on somebody without a case. I wouldn't have, for obvious reasons.

You should use your gut to help you find who to suspect and why, and you should pay extra special attention to things that look weird or off to you (like I looked to you this game), and then try and dig up something concrete on the player. At some point though, if you can't get the evidence for a player, it doesn't really matter how much of a gut feeling you have toward that player, you don't have a case and don't have a reason for your vote.

Even if you did all that, I'm not sure it would've helped. I can't really point to any particular place in the game where I can say, "That was something scummy I did and people should've picked up on it." Maybe after Orangebottle claimed when my scumhunting turned anemic, but the same thing was happening to everyone else, so probably not. Maybe the speed I lynched Diakron? Possibly, but I would've pointed out his reaction to my vote, so maybe not there either.

Yeah, I don't know. I still haven't figured out how to catch extremely skillful scum using the day game alone.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 28, 2011, 12:25:33 am »

I'm bookmarking this scumchat just to use it in a meta argument against Jim in the future.
No hard feelings.
Clearly.

Though, honestly, I should've played a lot better than I did in this game. I mean, what the fuck was I thinking with all that made up horseshit?
In other words, sorry for costing you the game, town.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 28, 2011, 11:24:03 am »

:D

Good job Jim. Next time though, I will be ready :)
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]