Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Wild West Mafia - GAME OVER - Scum Win!  (Read 140034 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 2 [6/9] - You could use some coffins.
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2011, 01:58:18 am »

Also, by ignoring I meant "missing what he said". I probably should have said that instead.
It still answers your question either way, because the referenced text is in the past tense.
Funny, that. It's almost like there ISN'T a reason beyond personal preference.
Yeah, I'll admit that and drop the point.

Oh. That is rather important, isn't it.
See, that second post demonstrated me not knowing the maximum amount of scum left. Before the first one, you were all talking about how we were hunting the last scum, or the scum's partner. Posts like this and this(Yes. I am aware that it's Diakron's 'Bah!' post.).There's also that. I went along with it, but when I got to the confusing part I was like,"Doesn't this mean that there could be more than just one scum left?"

The problem is that (as Native pointed out) your claim and insistence on an SK were based on the assumption that there was only one scum left.
...Yes? And?

The "confusing part" came before that, didn't it?
I got confused when I started to think about exactly what the night action meant, which was right before my claim.
You were "confused" about how there could be two kills and a roleblock in the same night.

Yes, this was the case.

If you thought there were more than one scum, you wouldn't have "promised" a town loss if you were lynched. So now we're back to the scumtell of threatening a town loss.
What the fuck? If there's more than one scum AND an SK, we're boned if we lynch town.  I fail to see the point of your argument.
Also, your "defense" of your "confusion" relied on us believing this:
I honestly don't know how to answer this. If I say I forgot, I'm lying
Spoiler: In more than one way (click to show/hide)
. I could argue that I never read it, but that's total bullshit. Yet, I can see no other way to answer this question. All I can say at this point is: What the fuck, brain?
I believed it, realizing that it would be much easier to forget how many scum there were if you were town than if you were scum. Oh wait, those are Wine thoughts. I don't know why I believed you, given that you had just gotten past making shit up to get Jim's attention off of you before you made that roleclaim. On the other hand, I would not put it past you to try to disguise Wine. Now I know why I kept flipping between thinking you were town and scum while I was pouring shit all over Native - I got "drunk" (to continue the wine comparison) by believing you. That's clever. Die.
You know what? I feel like an idiot. This mistake is making you look more like flailing town than flailing scum. If you were mafia, you'd know damn well how many mafia there were, because you'd be the only one left. Unvote.
This proves nothing besides the fact that you had no reason to unvote me in the first place. Because, as the bolded text shows, you started wifoming yourself. Yes, I was already wifoming myself as far as where your argument was headed. That's because I was trying to be as honest as possible and, from my point of view, there is no honest answer to the question I was answering. So I essentially answered "Nope. There's no reason for it."
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2011, 02:05:23 am »

Day 2
Votecount:
-Urist_McArathos:
-Jim Groovester:
-Orangebottle: Urist Imiknorris
-Urist Imiknorris: Shark, Urist_McArathos
-NativeForeigner:
-Shark:

Not Voting : Orangebottle, Jim Groovester,NativeForeigner

2 more to extend again.
4  more to shorten.
The day is extended to Friday 8 PM GMT.
---

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2011, 02:12:31 am »

Orangebottle:

More like Urist Schizophrenorris am I right?

This isn't really improving my opinion on you that you're waffling. If I thought you were doing it in response to external pressure instead of an internal debate I would've voted you in an instant.

That said, you still probably need to calm down a lot more than you are right now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2011, 08:35:23 am »

This proves nothing besides the fact that you had no reason to unvote me in the first place. Because, as the bolded text shows, you started wifoming yourself. Yes, I was already wifoming myself as far as where your argument was headed. That's because I was trying to be as honest as possible and, from my point of view, there is no honest answer to the question I was answering. So I essentially answered "Nope. There's no reason for it."
You and Jim are right - I never should have unvoted you. As for the self-WIFOM, that was a result of me believing you, which (as I've already stated) in hindsight I really had no reason to.

Quote from: Orangebottle
The problem is that (as Native pointed out) your claim and insistence on an SK were based on the assumption that there was only one scum left.
...Yes? And?
If you were so confused about the number of scum, why would you make a case that relied on there only being one, then introduce the multiple-scum theories after your claim? Surely if they were all bad for town, you'd have brought all of them up when you claimed, rather than just the one I provided?

What the fuck? If there's more than one scum AND an SK, we're boned if we lynch town.  I fail to see the point of your argument.
This is what I get for not thinking out your alternatives. Point dropped.

Looking back at your claim, I'm reminded of three things:
1: Your claim provided no new information.
2: You'd already been getting flak for making things up to get attention off yourself.
3: You really didn't have anything to lose by claiming - if there was a counterclaim, you'd be just as dead as if you hadn't claimed.

Orangebottle, I think you're fakeclaiming scum.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2011, 12:09:22 pm »

...Yes? And?
If you were so confused about the number of scum, why would you make a case that relied on there only being one, then introduce the multiple-scum theories after your claim? Surely if they were all bad for town, you'd have brought all of them up when you claimed, rather than just the one I provided?
Like I told Native, I assumed there was only one scum left because people kept saying there was only one scum left.

Also, I introduced it when I claimed.

I am the Cop. I was roleblocked last night.

Now tell me how we can explain the double-kill that we woke to this morning barring Simple letting the scum do both in the same night(which there is no precedence for in a straightforward game).
Note that at this point, I think the roleblocker can only roleblock or kill each night, not both at the same time. I also don't know the maximum amount of scum left in the game. This means there would need to be multiple scum.

It provided new information.
-I'm the cop
-We may have multiple scum left(this was later proved to be impossible)
2: You'd already been getting flak for making things up to get attention off yourself.
Yes. And? That doesn't mean I'm still doing it.
3: You really didn't have anything to lose by claiming - if there was a counterclaim, you'd be just as dead as if you hadn't claimed.
Okay, I'm guessing the point here is I had a reason to make up my claim. Not going to deny that at all.
My Sig

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2011, 03:54:31 pm »

-I'm the cop
Information useful to the town?

1: Remember how I said that anything you could claim would be wine? Yeah. When you claimed cop, you weren't actually telling us that you were the cop. You were telling us that you might be the cop, or that you might be scum hoping for a successful claim. The job of proving your cop-ness would have been left to three things: Getting your story straight (and very preferably grounded in reality), providing useful information (a town or scum result on a person, or a roleblock if you weren't going after someone who died that night*), and/or a lack of a counterclaim. The only thing you really have going for you is the lack of a counterclaim, and given that there's no guaranteed cop, that's not enough on its own.

2: Proved to be impossible = not useful, and quite possibly a distraction.

*Back when I said that Shark raised some good points, I was specifically referring to this one - we wouldn't know if OB's claim of no result on Andrew was because of a roleblocker or because Andrew died before inspection (as inspections are usually carried out after kills).

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 1 [9/9] - Back in the saddle!
« Reply #321 on: October 20, 2011, 05:45:36 pm »

Day 1 End:
After a short and heated debate you decide Diakron must be one of the thieves. "Damn you all! This was meant to be a new start, not the end!" he shouts and tries to run into the dark tunnels. But the gun is already in the Shark hands and Diakron dead body drops on the ground with a hole in the head. You quickly search his body for anything that could confirm your suspicions. It seems your choice was right one as you find a torn scrap of paper with crudely drawn mine map and a knife on him!
You throw the knife into the nearest shaft and look at the map. There's big x on it in one of the distant tunnels but without the other half of it you would need to search these mines for ages. You are too tired to carry on with the investigation so you go to sleep with the hope that tomorrow the second thief will be found.

Unvote. I didn't have any good legit reasons besides that I was trying to get someone to say something. I admit to grasping at straws.

Also:

Orangebottle's bullshitting. The maximum amount of scum is obvious if you ever read this post. See how the other half of the map is mentioned? The second thief? There's two scum. This is why we've been saying "two scum", or at least the reason I have been. I'm thinking you made up the roleblocking business to get us off of you, and to make your claim feel more legit.

Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:36 pm »

-I'm the cop
Information useful to the town?
No, because the only way my claim gets confirmed is if I die. But that wasn't your point. Your point was that it didn't provide any new information, which is inherently wrong.

1: Remember how I said that anything you could claim would be wine? Yeah. When you claimed cop, you weren't actually telling us that you were the cop. You were telling us that you might be the cop, or that you might be scum hoping for a successful claim. The job of proving your cop-ness would have been left to three things: Getting your story straight (and very preferably grounded in reality), providing useful information (a town or scum result on a person, or a roleblock if you weren't going after someone who died that night), and/or a lack of a counterclaim. The only thing you really have going for you is the lack of a counterclaim, and given that there's no guaranteed cop, that's not enough on its own.
So your case is that my claim isn't totally believable?
That's pretty accurate.
2: Proved to be impossible = not useful, and quite possibly a distraction.
Again, your point was that my claim didn't provide any information at all.

Also, you had no reasons to be believing my claim whatsoever, considering what you said right before it, and right after it.
I agree with the "lynch you harder" bit - any pro-town role you could claim would be Wine.
I'll believe your claim, but it doesn't help us all that much (yet), and I was rather hoping that it would paint a clearer image of your attention on Shark.
(also note that you said that way before you wifom'd yourself)
Why would you willingly believe something you've admitted is wine?

Orangebottle's bullshitting. The maximum amount of scum is obvious if you ever read this post. See how the other half of the map is mentioned? The second thief? There's two scum. This is why we've been saying "two scum", or at least the reason I have been. I'm thinking you made up the roleblocking business to get us off of you, and to make your claim feel more legit.
This proves nothing. You're making a massive assumption here: that a human being can't feasibly miss or forget something just because it was said twice. For the record, I've stated that I have no idea why I thought there wasn't a maximum limit on the amount of scumbags. You're still grasping at straws, because your whole case is "oh well there's no possible way he couldn't know it it was clearly stated in two whole posts."

Also, I'm going to admit that there's no reason for any of you to be believing me after all the shit I tried to pull pre-claim. I'd like to know why those of you who believe me are choosing to believe me.
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 1 [9/9] - Back in the saddle!
« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2011, 06:53:34 pm »

Then vote him, scum. What are you scared of? Lynching the cop? I guess you want to see him dead but don't want to get your hands dirty.

This is bullshit.

Shark.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2011, 07:33:49 pm »

Jim, I don't like this. I don't like this at all.
When did Shark suddenly become scum to you?
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 20, 2011, 07:46:28 pm »

When he said he didn't believe your claim but didn't vote you for it.

I mean, that was my last post. I quoted what he said for evidence. If he thinks you're lying then he thinks you're scum. There's no two ways about that.

Why, then, did he not vote you right then and there? It's because he's cowardly scum who doesn't want to get saddled with the blame if it turns out you're telling the truth.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2011, 08:26:13 pm »

Okay, i've been pissed about for the last 2 real life days.. Time to blow up.

Jim, i've had it with your bullshit. All you ever do is yell at people whenever they try to question people. You don't really DO anything, all you do is redirect attention. This whole damn game. I'm questioning orangebottle so I can determine if he's scum or not, you told me NOT to use my vote for pressure like when I did with imiknorris, hypocrite. I'm actually accepting the answer that orangebottle made a mistake with the max scum number because mistakes happen, I make them too and it causes people like you to jump on me over complete horseshit that doesn't get crap done. You're yelling at me to vote someone who's still iffy. Don't stuff words in my mouth.

This whole game you've just been making yourself look good by attacking other people's arguments with other people, that's all you do. You're putting bullshit reasons to my actions without backing it up. You've been controlling this game through fear. You caused all this crap with orangebottle just because he was afraid of you. You just wait for a hole in an argument so you can call someone scum, making you look good for pointing things out. Do you actually suspect these people?

Explain yourself. I think i've finally found who I suspect most.

What are you going to do? Talk everyone into a crusade against me? It'll just show you control the town by fear.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2011, 08:32:49 pm »

Do I smell an OMGUS? I think I do, Shark. Also, I was pissed yesterday. That got me nowhere except halfway to the noose. Calm the fuck down or else. Also also, provide examples to support your case.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2011, 08:44:03 pm »

Do I smell an OMGUS? I think I do, Shark. Also, I was pissed yesterday. That got me nowhere except halfway to the noose. Calm the fuck down or else. Also also, provide examples to support your case.

...you're right, aren't you. Posting without thinking has gotton you, arathos, and me in trouble.

So lets take this more slowly. Jim, why exactly are you voting me? As far as I can tell, it's because I won't vote someone who I can't figure out is scum or not. Also, the reason I didn't vote him is because of something you yelled at me beforehand. Lets get examples this time.
I can appreciate using your vote to get answers out of people but pretty soon the day is going to turn into night, and you should only have your vote on the person you suspect. So who is it?
The problem is, if I voted orangebottle, it would have been a pressure vote. I'm trying to find holes in his claim because I don't suspect him as much right now. I just see a town player who fucked up.

So why are you telling ME that I think he's scum?

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 20, 2011, 08:45:35 pm »

Also, extend. I want to see this through.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26