Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Wild West Mafia - GAME OVER - Scum Win!  (Read 139114 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 2 [6/9] - You could use some coffins.
« Reply #330 on: October 20, 2011, 09:07:22 pm »

I vote to extend as well.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2011, 09:13:43 pm »

Hey, Mr. Owl! How many scumtells can we find in one of shark's posts?
Let's find out.
Jim
One(OMGUS),
i've had it with your bullshit. All you ever do is yell at people whenever they try to question people.
Two(Making shit up),
You don't really DO anything, all you do is redirect attention.
Three(Making MORE shit up),
This whole damn game. I'm questioning orangebottle so I can determine if he's scum or not, you told me NOT to use my vote for pressure like when I did with imiknorris, hypocrite.
(Sidenote: this isn't hypocrisy. It's backpedaling.)
I'm actually accepting the answer that orangebottle made a mistake with the max scum number because mistakes happen, I make them too and it causes people like you to jump on me over complete horseshit that doesn't get crap done
(Sidenote: pretty sure you done fucked up with this post.)
This whole game you've just been making yourself look good by attacking other people's arguments with other people, that's all you do. You're putting bullshit reasons to my actions without backing it up. You've been controlling this game through fear. You caused all this crap with orangebottle just because he was afraid of you. You just wait for a hole in an argument so you can call someone scum, making you look good for pointing things out. Do you actually suspect these people?
(Sidenote: it was caused by me coming at the game with the wrong mindset, which is why i'm in a similar situation in two separate games)

Explain yourself. I think i've finally found who I suspect most.

What are you going to do? Talk everyone into a crusade against me? It'll just show you control the town by fear.
*CRUNCH*.
What was that sound? Oh, it was Shark cracking under extremely little pressure.
I also missed a few tells, namely overreaction and voting without any evidence whatsoever.
So, hrm. From this one post, our last scum has become startlingly obvious.
Shark
The problem is, if I voted orangebottle, it would have been a pressure vote. I'm trying to find holes in his claim because I don't suspect him as much right now. I just see a town player who fucked up.

So why are you telling ME that I think he's scum?
You heavily implied it, if not outright stating it.
Orangebottle's bullshitting. The maximum amount of scum is obvious if you ever read this post. See how the other half of the map is mentioned? The second thief? There's two scum. This is why we've been saying "two scum", or at least the reason I have been. I'm thinking you made up the roleblocking business to get us off of you, and to make your claim feel more legit.
Think for a second: townies shouldn't do this ever. If you were honestly thinking this, you thought I was scum. Townies have nothing to gain from a fakeclaim. So, either you were lying here, or you thought I was scum.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 20, 2011, 09:30:05 pm »

I'm hesitant to vote for Shark, mostly because I know what posting angry does for you. However, Shark, your case and defense better be really good. You're going to have to have a really good explanation for looking about as scummy as the guy whose claim looks like Swiss cheese to me.

Think for a second: townies shouldn't do this ever. If you were honestly thinking this, you thought I was scum. Townies have nothing to gain from a fakeclaim. So, either you were lying here, or you thought I was scum.
There is actually one way I can think of for town to gain from a fakeclaim, but it involves a role that isn't in this game.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 20, 2011, 09:38:31 pm »

I'm hesitant to vote for Shark, mostly because I know what posting angry does for you. However, Shark, your case and defense better be really good. You're going to have to have a really good explanation for looking about as scummy as the guy whose claim looks like Swiss cheese to me.
Funny, because your case on me is going nowhere.

There is actually one way I can think of for town to gain from a fakeclaim, but it involves a role that isn't in this game.
So, in essence:
Townies have nothing to gain from a fakeclaim.
My Sig

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 20, 2011, 09:43:04 pm »

Precisely. Also, my case on you isn't really going anywhere because you've owned up to your fuckups. I still think you're the most likely scum, but Shark is making me reconsider because he's catching up pretty fast.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 20, 2011, 09:51:27 pm »

Jim, i've had it with your bullshit. All you ever do is yell at people whenever they try to question people. You don't really DO anything, all you do is redirect attention. This whole damn game. I'm questioning orangebottle so I can determine if he's scum or not, you told me NOT to use my vote for pressure like when I did with imiknorris, hypocrite. I'm actually accepting the answer that orangebottle made a mistake with the max scum number because mistakes happen, I make them too and it causes people like you to jump on me over complete horseshit that doesn't get crap done. You're yelling at me to vote someone who's still iffy. Don't stuff words in my mouth.

This whole game you've just been making yourself look good by attacking other people's arguments with other people, that's all you do. You're putting bullshit reasons to my actions without backing it up. You've been controlling this game through fear. You caused all this crap with orangebottle just because he was afraid of you. You just wait for a hole in an argument so you can call someone scum, making you look good for pointing things out. Do you actually suspect these people?

So I'm scum because I'm playing the game. Which is exactly what you've accused me of. Just playing the game.

I've been challenging people's reasoning behind their votes because I've been scraping for reads on people. Apparently to you this is 'making stuff up' and 'redirecting' and a bunch of other things you haven't bothered to provide evidence for.

And where the hell did all this suspicion come from? It looks like it only came about because I voted you.

What are you going to do? Talk everyone into a crusade against me? It'll just show you control the town by fear.

Players in this game tend to be extraordinarily unsympathetic to claims that they're being controlled by some sort of mastermind.

So lets take this more slowly. Jim, why exactly are you voting me? As far as I can tell, it's because I won't vote someone who I can't figure out is scum or not. Also, the reason I didn't vote him is because of something you yelled at me beforehand. Lets get examples this time.
I can appreciate using your vote to get answers out of people but pretty soon the day is going to turn into night, and you should only have your vote on the person you suspect. So who is it?
The problem is, if I voted orangebottle, it would have been a pressure vote. I'm trying to find holes in his claim because I don't suspect him as much right now. I just see a town player who fucked up.

So why are you telling ME that I think he's scum?

How convenient that it's pressure. It certainly didn't look like pressure. Why, it looked like a declaration of your suspicion for Orangebottle.

So you mean to tell me that quite vocally declaring that Orangebottle is bullshitting everyone with his claim is you applying pressure? I don't believe that.

Why are you trying to find holes in his claim if you don't suspect him as much?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 20, 2011, 09:56:51 pm »

Imiknorris: answer me.
I agree with the "lynch you harder" bit - any pro-town role you could claim would be Wine.
I'll believe your claim, but it doesn't help us all that much (yet), and I was rather hoping that it would paint a clearer image of your attention on Shark.
Why would you willingly believe something you've admitted is wine?
My Sig

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 20, 2011, 10:05:19 pm »

As I said before, the claim itself counted for nothing to me - it was all in how you supported it.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 20, 2011, 10:08:03 pm »

Well, well, well, look what was waiting for me after I got off work.  Orangebottle already did a pretty good job of analyzing this, but I'll tell you my thoughts to boot.

Okay, i've been pissed about for the last 2 real life days.. Time to blow up.
Please do.  Everyone else will tell you to calm down; I won't.  People forget to keep to their neat little defenses and calm, carefully thought out statements when they're mad.  It's a lot easier to see scum when they're too angry to remember their facade.

Jim, i've had it with your bullshit.
This is a blatant, blatant OMGUS.  You have absolutely no case on Jim, none.  You're voting him purely because he's voting you.

All you ever do is yell at people whenever they try to question people. You don't really DO anything, all you do is redirect attention. This whole damn game.

This is not yelling at people Jim.  Jim is a gigantic, tunneling prick who forces your scummy shit down your throat while screaming in your ear to answer him, dammit!  The Jim you've seen in this game is practically the declawed, calm persona normally reserved for Beginner's Mafia games where he's more concerned with teaching people how to play than ruthlessly winning.

Hell, I said as much earlier when I was asked my opinion on everyone.  As for redirecting, I'd have to disagree.  Jim may not be hyperaggressive in this game, but most of his replies are to confront people about shit he wants them to answer for; aka, normal routine scumhunting.  None of this proves he's town, but your arguments sure as shit don't hold any water.

I'm questioning orangebottle so I can determine if he's scum or not, you told me NOT to use my vote for pressure like when I did with imiknorris, hypocrite. I'm actually accepting the answer that orangebottle made a mistake with the max scum number because mistakes happen, I make them too and it causes people like you to jump on me over complete horseshit that doesn't get crap done. You're yelling at me to vote someone who's still iffy. Don't stuff words in my mouth.

Jim checked you on some inconsistency; if he's fake claiming, and lying to support it, it mean's he's scum.  You can't say he's trying to cover a fake claim AND be a townie.  There's absolutely NO reason to fake claim as town.  A town player can give the town a lot of help by being mislynched, because once they flip town their enemies become suspect.  Hell, even a moron townie knows that if he lies about being a cop, people are going to lynch him when they find out (and if he's fake claiming cop, there's the HUGE risk a real cop will counter-claim and lynch his ass on the spot).

TL;DR, if you think he's lying about being a cop, you think he's scum.  If you think he's the scum, you should be voting him.  You can't say he's iffy and say he's lying to bolster his claim.  Nothing iffy about that.

This whole game you've just been making yourself look good by attacking other people's arguments with other people, that's all you do.
If someone's argument is shit, you should attack it.  This point actually helps prove Jim is TOWN more than scum.

You're putting bullshit reasons to my actions without backing it up. You've been controlling this game through fear. You caused all this crap with orangebottle just because he was afraid of you. You just wait for a hole in an argument so you can call someone scum, making you look good for pointing things out. Do you actually suspect these people?

You know, it's fucking uncanny how many times people scream that Jim is out to get them and has rallied the town to destroy them, like he's the head of some damn conspiracy theory or something.  I've learned to recognize this as something I call "The Jimbot Fallacy".

Whenever someone accuses Jim of being able to force everyone to bend to his will and mislynch with him, it means they're out of REAL defenses.

..you're right, aren't you. Posting without thinking has gotton you, arathos, and me in trouble.
Has it ever.  You're practically fucked.

So lets take this more slowly. Jim, why exactly are you voting me? As far as I can tell, it's because I won't vote someone who I can't figure out is scum or not.
Dude, really?  Do you have ZERO reading comprehension?  Your vote directly contradicts your top suspicion.  You stated someone was scum, then didn't vote for them.  Jim addressed ALL that before voting you at the end of his post.  Pretending you don't know is ridiculous.

Even if you didn't, he spelled it out for Orangebottle TWO POSTS later.  You flew off the handle pretty much without reading the rest of the thread.  That to me screams a panicked reaction to the fact Jim was voting you.

Unvote

I'm awfully suspicious of Imiknorris, but this is beyond scummy.  This is practically a confession, Shark.

NINJA'd three times, dammit.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2011, 12:25:56 am »

I probably won't be able to post much tomorrow.
Basically what's happening is:
-I have to travel. I go to the airport right after school gets out.
-I have to finish packing my things in the morning.
-I may be able to post during my Microsoft Office Certification class, but I doubt it'll be anything serious.
My Sig

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2011, 12:56:02 pm »

Day 2
Votecount:
-Urist_McArathos:
-Jim Groovester: Shark
-Orangebottle: Urist Imiknorris
-Urist Imiknorris:
-NativeForeigner:
-Shark: Jim Groovester, Orangebottle, Urist_McArathos

Not Voting : NativeForeigner,

2 more to extend again.
4  more to shorten.
The day is extended to Monday 8 PM GMT!!
---
Well that's all i guess.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2011, 02:09:32 pm »

Shorten.

I've pretty much gotten tired of this game. This whole long day has been jumping on bullshit that doesn't mean anything. I just want to stop posting and be done with this game. Yes, it's a suicide, but in this huge convoluted mess the scum is watching it giggling. If we have a vig, there's actually a chance for us to win if i'm not a target anymore. Get me out of the picture and vote shorten.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2011, 02:38:14 pm »

Seriously? You're so sure you're going to be lynched that you vote to shorten? If you've gotten tired of the game, why not ask for a replacement?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 21, 2011, 02:50:59 pm »

Is your will to see me dead so weak that you'd shorten after the extension you requested went through?

Have it your way. Shorten.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 21, 2011, 10:48:54 pm »

Shorten.

I've pretty much gotten tired of this game. This whole long day has been jumping on bullshit that doesn't mean anything. I just want to stop posting and be done with this game. Yes, it's a suicide, but in this huge convoluted mess the scum is watching it giggling. If we have a vig, there's actually a chance for us to win if i'm not a target anymore. Get me out of the picture and vote shorten.

This is you either pretty much confirming you're scum, or you not playing to win out of frustration.  Shorten, in case it's the former (my bet).

If it's the latter, you should know that this is hardly unusual.  Mafia games have a LOT of mislynches, sometimes for stuff you feel is complete bullshit that you simply cannot defend against, and it does seem unfair and harsh.  Don't take it personally, really.  Just take a deep breath, and do your best.

Remember, if you're a townie, you win if town wins even if you're dead.  Instead of resigning yourself to the noose, try to contribute in whatever way you can; look for suspicious behavior, point it out, try to find a scummy player who's lynching you and show us why they are.  We may not believe you NOW, but if you flip town all your interactions, suspicions, and votes against you will be given much greater scrutiny.  It's the single best way to sway the game from beyond the grave (barring some non-standard powers, that is).
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26