Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: That's a very nice dwarven fortress you have there ... (updated)  (Read 11379 times)

OneMoreNameless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
That's a very nice dwarven fortress you have there ... (updated)
« on: September 26, 2011, 01:43:31 am »

It'd be a sssssshame if something happened to it.

Current features
* Adds Minecraft creepers to any Dwarf Fortress game! Creepers die quickly, but will suicidally explode in melee range (generally killing small creatures like dwarves) and can appear even behind traps or locked doors.
* Small groups of aggressive creepers can appear in any surface biome, but the real fun begins when your fort's production rises and ambushing creepers begin to siege you. And watch your back for That One Creeper while you're digging underground ...
* Collect gunpowder from safely killed creepers to engineer TNT blocks (sets fires, melts ice), make 'rocket bolts', or mix with stone for delicious dwarven pop rocks. Or craft valuable but not-exactly-firesafe TNT furniture. Whichever.
* Watch out; one in six creepers will spawn with an extra buff. On the bright side, if you somehow catch a wild one of these then you can begin breeding your own creeper army.
   - Eager creepers are fast and able to dodge.
   - Volatile creepers have swollen large enough to destroy buildings.
   - Tenacious creepers take no damage from exploding and do so one last time when killed.
   - Blooming creepers lift themselves into the air and explode with wide-drifting poisonous dust.

Notes
* Extract the X_creeper.txt files into your raw/objects folder then copy/paste the contents of add_me_to_your_entity.txt into entity_default.txt under any controllable civs. You'll need to generate a new world.
* To make use of gunpowder you'll need a siege engineer and a crafting table (b->w->C). TNT blocks are primed with (b->w->T). Any dwarf can detonate the block once it's been primed.
* TNT 'blocks' are actually rough stone and stockpiled as such. Pop rocks are stored under plants.

Known issues
* POP_RATIO doesn't seem to affect wandering wildlife, so most of those creepers end up super-powered.

Download here.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:48:06 am by OneMoreNameless »

James009

• Bay Watcher
  • Under centaur siege for going on three years now!
    • View Profile
Re: That's a very nice dwarven fortress you have there ...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 03:38:57 am »

Oh lord, I was just thinking of this and fearing the effects. Hate to say it but... STAYING AWAY! You sick $%^&% (jk)!

p.s. Nice.
Recently slaughtered by the undead!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:17:02 am »

Are you gonna make more minecraft creatures?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:38:28 am »

Wait so all they do is kill your dwarves? oh well time for the usual taming and capturing Creepers to start a breeding group and drop a litter on a siege for FUN!.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:55:01 am »

Like what?
Chickens? Pigs? Cows? Sheep? Zombies?

Oh I remember. Pigmen and gasts. But that's about it, everything else is pretty much included (except for squids).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 10:59:08 am »

Like what?
Chickens? Pigs? Cows? Sheep? Zombies?

Oh I remember. Pigmen and gasts. But that's about it, everything else is pretty much included (except for squids).
Blazes? Blazes would be interesting to see.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 11:31:38 am »

Pigmen would automatically spawn zombie pigmen, right? Assuming that they don't have cannot_undead, of course.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 11:49:51 am »

Pigmen would automatically spawn zombie pigmen, right? Assuming that they don't have cannot_undead, of course.
I have an idea:

Make pigmen [CANNOT_UNDEAD], and have pigman blood only turn pigmen into zombies on contact (Wait for .26, of course). Have the syndrome take about 100 ticks, and let the little piggies roam freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 12:16:37 pm »

I wonder if we could hope for lightning as part of rainstorms. That would be ‼(‼FUN‼)‼
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 12:25:34 pm »

The first look I took at that screen shot made me think that the floor was slathered in DWARF BLOOD!! Turning it COMPLETELY RED!!
(And then I realized that it was just a normal bauxite floor and I felt less scared... well not scared as much... ok completely petrified at the idea of adding creepers! :P)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:08:32 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 12:34:13 pm »

The first look I took at that screen shot made me think that the floor was slathered in DWARF BLOOD!! Turning it COMPLETELY RED!!
(And then I realized that it was just a normal bauxite floor and I felt less scared... well not scared as much... ok completely petrified at the idea of adding creepers! :P)
Probably both, considering the content of this mod.

OneMoreNameless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 07:46:44 pm »

Nope. Creepers are the only really iconic Minecraft enemy, and the others would either play no different to what's already in DF or not be possible to fully implement in DF's engine.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 07:52:41 pm »

Nope. Creepers are the only really iconic Minecraft enemy, and the others would either play no different to what's already in DF or not be possible to fully implement in DF's engine.
Ghasts don't fit the criteria to mentioned.
Well, I'm yet to encounter a fling enemy that shoots exploding projectiles.
Also pigmen may not play the same, as they would probably be at peace with nature like elves are, but won't get pissy when you give them wood.
Or maybe you could add more options to the crafting bench?

OneMoreNameless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 08:38:15 pm »

Well, you could probably set up a material breath attack that resembled an exploding projectile a little more than what fire imp's use now, but even with that and a flier tag I doubt I'd end up dealing with them much differently in-game. For that matter, Minecraft silverfish or spider variations would plausible enough, but I'd rather leave this mod with just creepers than get into them.

The crafting bench could use another option, but I couldn't figure out how to add a new weapon for gunpowder without also letting the dwarves embark with or trade for it.

And if there is one thing Dwarf Fortress absolutely has enough of right now, it's animal man variations, lol.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 07:50:22 am »

ghast seem like flying forgotten beasts that shoot material blasts(or an normal demon who do the same thing.).
Oh I can make a zombie variant of the pigmen if you give me time to rewrite my converter commands for (dfhack)dfusion.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: [1] 2