Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45

Author Topic: X@COM - Where ASCII and X-COM Collide!  (Read 116948 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: X@COM - Where ASCII and X-COM Collide!
« Reply #645 on: June 07, 2013, 10:57:20 am »

Apparently if i understand well, Kickstarter opened to UK too , not only US, so hopefully it's only a matter of time they allow more countries.

There are other crowd founding that are not doing segregation regarding the country, but unfortunately they do not have the same kind of visitor traffic Kickstarter have, meaning then much less chance to obtain the required founds you need for your project.

Indiegogo while unfortunately not having anywhere near Kickstarter visitor popularity does not seem bad at all as an alternative as it does not limit to a country or two, and unlike Kickstarter you're not forced in an "all or nothing" type of founding (oh the pain of those kickstarters that nearly reached their target but in the end got nothing due to the time limit hitting before)

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #646 on: June 07, 2013, 11:07:19 am »

Ya, I've done a lot of research and found that while IndieGoGo's pretty much the second best option out there, it's generally not worth it. It took KS years to add just the UK... One can only hope they speed up their expansion.
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 25, 2013, 10:48:26 am »

Bump for progress!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #648 on: June 27, 2013, 08:23:00 pm »

As in a request for a progress update?

Just recently back from a long vacation. And now... life is getting in the way. Progress is likely to be very slow for the foreseeable future :'(
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #649 on: August 06, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »

Small release including some new on-map information, and a new mod, the mech warfare-based Union (a total conversion).

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 06, 2013, 06:42:27 pm »

Just posting to say I love your game and I love the direction you're going with, keep up the good work.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 13, 2013, 07:50:26 pm »

Seeing as this thread has been dead for a month, I figure I'll post this here as an excuse to bump it.

Rectification v0.6 has just been released. It's a total conversion mod that aims to completely redesign XCom; you can read more about it on the thread. Right now, I need playtesters more than anything else; if you're even slightly interested, please play it and tell me what you think!

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #652 on: September 13, 2013, 09:18:55 pm »

"Dead" is such a harsh word. I'd prefer "quiet" ;p That usually happens during development lulls, though I suspect this one will be especially long...

To everyone: Crazy Cow wants you to check out his ambitious X-COM mod, but you may not want to sign up on another forum to download the attachment so I've mirrored the latest version here for public downloading. Note that as this mod is still in development it's not provided as a stand-alone version, so you'll need to unzip it in an existing X@COM R9.4 download, which you can get from the site if you don't have it already. (The new mod will eventually show up on the blog for general downloading as a stand-alone game, but that will wait until playtesting is complete.)

Just posting to say I love your game and I love the direction you're going with, keep up the good work.
Thanks, I'd really love to "keep up the good work" but development on the main game will be on hiatus for a while. See most recent post. For now the occasional mod will hopefully whet everyone's appetite for tactical alien-annihilating action.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 13, 2013, 09:33:06 pm »

Ah, completely forgot that you needed to be signed in for attachments. Thanks for that, Kyzrati ;p

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #654 on: September 13, 2013, 09:37:09 pm »

No problem, I see you've uploaded a new version already, I changed the file on the FTP, too.

To everyone: By the way, this thing has psionic powers and all sorts of cool things (so you are now obligated to try it ;p).

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #655 on: December 22, 2013, 09:45:17 pm »

Roguelike of the Year poll is up.
X@COM's on the list.
Please vote.

As usual you can vote for more than one game, so support all your favorite roguelikes! Dwarf Fortress is... not on the list this year :/

Read about X@COM 2013 in a new post here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 22, 2013, 10:02:51 pm »

As usual you can vote for more than one game, so support all your favorite roguelikes! Dwarf Fortress is... not on the list this year :/
Yeah, no release this year, heh. Think that's what kept me from throwing a vote at Cogmind and a few other things, as well. X@COM got a vote, along with the customary dozen and some change others. Already looking like T4's going to take it (again), but Cataclysm and ADOM's both giving a good show of things... not bad, really, especially for the relative newcomer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kyzrati

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
« Reply #657 on: December 22, 2013, 10:16:33 pm »

Yep, no Cogmind release until next year, but it should be well into the release schedule and have a good following come December 2014! Thanks for the vote :)

Really surprised by the explosion for Cataclysm. I voted for them, too--great job they're doing.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 10, 2014, 01:33:04 pm »

Aside from destructible environments, what will this have over open xcom? http://openxcom.org/
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 10, 2014, 03:47:07 pm »

Particle based ASCII engine, heaps of modability, better (customizable) sound assets, user made map tiles/weapons/etc, swings, slides and possibly merry-go rounds. Plus, not having destructable terrain is a huge negative for xcom style games, but x@com has it in boatloads.

Anything that makes it through Cogmind's development really, plus all the unrealisticly time-consuming things we can manage to convince Kyzrati to spend his time coding into it.

My vote goes for an optional stim-pack style system so we can make a Syndicate style roguelike. You know, after x@com is done (or possibly before).
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45