Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: forbidden cheese  (Read 8243 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: forbidden cheese
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 03:49:14 pm »

Did I mention that I bend metal with my mind?!

...using my mind to control my hands and my pliers, of course...  It's jewelry... <.<

*goes to mod in fennec-men and -women.  Actually just -women, we'll go feminist pride all up in this fox*

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 03:53:59 pm »

It's jewelry... <.<

I can see this defense being attempted in court after girlinhat completes that medieval style suit of armour + sword and goes on a tantrum at the badger exhibit in the local zoo.

"I saved ALL OF YOU!"

"...with my jewelry... <.<"

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 03:56:06 pm »

It's jewelry... <.<

I can see this defense being attempted in court after girlinhat completes that medieval style suit of armour + sword and goes on a tantrum at the badger exhibit in the local zoo.

"I saved ALL OF YOU!"

"...with my jewelry... <.<"
"Hey ... at least I didn't resort to magma ... even though that would work better."
" ... with my jewelry ... >.>"
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 03:56:31 pm »

The easiest cure for bedroom miasma is probably a kickass dining room with tables and chairs, and bedrooms with neither table nor chair.
Actually no, from what I observe some dwarves just like bringing food into their bedrooms as collectable items. Others drag cloaks or socks into their rooms, these dwarves decide food items is their thing. It might have to do with backpacks - when soldiers have to take off backpacks for whatever reason and the food inside drops, it's still in their ownership. If they then get idle time then they'll clean up the food they now own... by shoving it in their room.

Give them a refridgerator (box, chest or bag) in their room and there won't be any miasma.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 04:00:09 pm »

hm.... yeah, deactivating soldiers could indeed cause it, regardless of normal sleeping arrangements.  I've yet to see food-based miasma, but all bedrooms in my fort have a chest and cabinet, and I've yet to find soldiers disrobing -- whatever I did with uniforms must be working well enough.

Maybe I just don't have any backpacks?

I should inspect the coffers belonging to military dwarves for leftovers...
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 04:04:53 pm »

The easiest cure for bedroom miasma is probably a kickass dining room with tables and chairs, and bedrooms with neither table nor chair.

I can say that merely having a rad dining room won't always prevent dwarves from eating in the silliest places.  I had an absolutely huge royal dining hall in the centre of my fort, but would consistently see "complained about the lack of tables/chairs" thought for dwarves.  I'd follow some around, and notice sometimes a dwarf up near the top of the fort would suddenly decide to eat... at the worker's camp mess hall just above the magma sea, 108 z-levels below.  He literally had to walk past the mostly vacant royal dining hall to get there.  Not sure if this behaviour would contribute to miasma, though.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 04:28:40 pm »

If they desire to sleep in filth, let them.  I am busy overseeing the importing and construction of a solid gold block phallus on my front lawn.  I cannot be bothered to clean their bedrooms like some mother of 5 year olds.  The phallus will do that.  Once it's been fitted with a magma ejaculator.  It'll all be clean then...

Does she terrify anyone else?

You'll get used to it. The first suggestion is always mass murder. After that, solid gold phalluses fail to shock.
Oh my Gog Vester's back!

Most of you newbies may not know her but she's probably one of the best artists on the forums.

OT: Fuck yes giant phalluses scare me, especially if they're ejaculating magma. That would hurt. That would hurt everyone.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 04:30:47 pm »

If they desire to sleep in filth, let them.  I am busy overseeing the importing and construction of a solid gold block phallus on my front lawn.  I cannot be bothered to clean their bedrooms like some mother of 5 year olds.  The phallus will do that.  Once it's been fitted with a magma ejaculator.  It'll all be clean then...

You'll get used to it. The first suggestion is always mass murder. After that, solid gold phalluses fail to shock.
Most of you newbies may not know her but she's probably one of the best artists on the forums.

I am not. :P There's probably at least a dozen better artists on here (assuming Fault's still around).
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 04:31:41 pm »

I am not. :P There's probably at least a dozen better artists on here (assuming Fault's still around).
I think he was saying you draw the best phallus. or something.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 04:40:22 pm »

The avatar looks familiar (not just around the forums but the art style) which I can't quite place, but have been historically too lazy to ask about.  I've also historically been alive and not buried in magma.  Let's not break tradition.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 04:41:10 pm »

Maybe I'm just jaded, but a giant, magma-ejaculating gold phallus just seems like something the ancient Greeks would do if they had access to DF.  In fact, there would probably be one outside every fortress for good luck.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 04:42:33 pm »

"We've had these solid gold phalluses for 400 years, and we haven't died of dysentery in 400 years!  It must be the gods' favor!  All Hail Phallisius!"

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 04:46:25 pm »

Faults still here, but in my mind it's less a definitive skill level and more like tiers. You and Fault and Darkerdark are all on the same tier.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 04:48:36 pm »

Somewhere along the way this innocent thread about cheese went horribly, horribly wrong.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 04:50:03 pm »

Somewhere along the way this innocent thread about cheese went horribly, horribly wrong.

I'd say it's par for the course. Did you see that crundle thread? That one started out wrong.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 [2] 3