Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: A "What are you playing?" Screenshot Thread  (Read 44609 times)

megaloptus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A "What are you playing?" Screenshot Thread
« on: September 27, 2011, 11:34:07 pm »

What games have interested you lately? Post juicy screenshots here! (Surprised that this hasn't been made yet)

To start us off, some of my own:

I have too much freetime  :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: A "What are you playing?" Screenshot Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:41:57 pm »

Is that first one a tank... with TURBOLASERS?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 11:47:33 pm »

Tracer rounds silly.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 11:55:12 pm »

Ooh, can I guess what those are? I don't have many pictures of my own.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And for my screenshot:
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:11:46 am by Itnetlolor »

megaloptus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 12:51:49 am »

The metro-cops were done with Garry's Mod. And yes, I was resting by the fire before my next trek into the unknown and it was the perfect time for a beautiful shot. Btw, everyone who comments should post a picture, only one of you did!  ???

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 02:50:51 am »

Ow! My bandwidth!

Putting them in spoilers doesn't stop them from loading, guys. Upload smaller screenies or thumbnails with links, please.

megaloptus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 07:01:46 pm »

Bump, this is drowning already and I posted last night.  :-[

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 07:04:16 pm »

It's not polite to bump threads just because you want to see them on the first page.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 07:21:57 pm »

It's not polite to bump threads just because you want to see them on the first page.
This. If it goes unreplied to for a day or two, bump it if you have something to contribute. That's what's recommended, at least.
Ow! My bandwidth!

Putting them in spoilers doesn't stop them from loading, guys. Upload smaller screenies or thumbnails with links, please.
No offense intended, but this is a screenshot thread. It's going to be full of screenshots. Usually big ones.

Here's a link to a screenshot from STALKER I took recently, after a battle with a giant pack of dogs and two bloodsuckers. Link, because it's 1920x1080, and wouldn't fit on anyone's screen.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542905319958576571/3F8F460710203225976E60FD9807D154C33DD73F/

STALKER + Complete 2009 mod = one of the best graphical experiences I've had, and possibly the best game I've played.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 04:01:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 09:39:47 am »

You won't be able to build that without first mining out half the Galaxy. And you will need a quarter of a galaxy for yearly maintenance. Missiles will hit pretty much all targets, and I think only the Extragalactic invaders have the fleet capacity to destroy that behemoth. Its sensors won't pick anything up though over 100k or so kilometers. You should add much, MUCH more sensors with smaller resolutions. Size 1000 ships are fairly rare.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 09:41:11 am »

You won't be able to build that without first mining out half the Galaxy. And you will need a quarter of a galaxy for yearly maintenance. Missiles will hit pretty much all targets, and I think only the Extragalactic invaders have the fleet capacity to destroy that behemoth. Its sensors won't pick anything up though over 100k or so kilometers. You should add much, MUCH more sensors with smaller resolutions. Size 1000 ships are fairly rare.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 09:51:25 am »

STALKER + Complete 2009 mod = one of the best graphical experiences I've had, and possibly the best game I've played.

A million times this. The bump mapping on the bricks still blows me away. Its such a small touch to add depth, and yet it does so much to make it aesthetically pleasing. I don't know why more games don't decide to jazz up their giant wall textures.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 10:31:47 am »

Can we have a pre-emptive spoiler screenshots and tell us what the game is thing?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15