Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 220664 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)
« Reply #3045 on: February 19, 2012, 05:22:27 am »

Meeting with Kathos...

"About 3 to 4 regiments would be sufficient. I have money for that, I was thinking that you could spare another 3d so we would have 3 properly equpped units.Also, William returned our unit, so that would be an additinal troop.
In total, I should be bringing twice the amount of soldiers to the peninsula now.

By the way, you got any ideas about how to proceed? I am fairly confident that I would be able to smash them in open battle again, but De Plume is akin to a fox, and pinning her down is hard. I suspect that you might have some experience in that kind of fighting."

-----------------------------------------------
Meeting with Pasha...

Baron Alanis was ushered into Lord Protector's quarters without much hassle. Guards knew him as one of Lord's associates and as such did not bother troubling him. They did the usual thing though and took his weapons.

Nikephoros was in a middle of browsing through a tactical manual and trying to get his head around the current army setup. Neither was hard or problematic for Nikephoros, but he wasn't a man who could do 2 things at once. In effect, he sat at his desk, looking mildly frustrated.

"Oh, Pasha, welcome. What is it?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: February 19, 2012, 06:50:06 am »

Pasha nodded to Nikephoros. "Good morning, such as it is, Lord Vandire." Speaking was a little painful with his swollen jaw. "I wanted to report a few things, all related. First is that a man who I thought I could trust, Matthew Turin - my wife's retainer - apparently was not happy that she married me and not him. Second is that he tried to rectify that situation by jumping me while I was out hunting. Third and most important, crossbows only have one shot and he didn't quite get the result he wanted." He shrugged when Nikephoros looked at him; the bruises, swellings, and cuts on his face would tell the story of the fight better than he could. "Long story short, I left his corpse in the middle of the woods yesterday. I thought it would be best to report it first thing in the morning."

He sighed. "Also... I want to ask you a favor. I like to think I'm pretty good at directing men, and I can hold my own in a fight, but I'm not especially adept. If you have time, could you teach me what you know of melee? I'm in a position now where it's possible I'll be the target of a rather more serious assassination attempt, and I need to be skillful enough to fend off any potential attackers."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: February 19, 2012, 09:17:12 am »

Meeting with Nikephoros

"If you wish, I can spare one ducat from the treasury and two ducats from my personnal holdings to raise more forces. I have alot of money to spend in my personnal holdings, and it's always a pleasure to contribute. As for the way I'd deal with De Plume..."

Kathos smiled.

"Yes, I have some experience with that kind of fighting. Most of her ressources comes either from nobles supporting her or from raids, yes? Well, if you have no way of catching her when she's in the forest, simply make sure that she'll starve in that forest. Go to the lands of all the nobles near the border, and offer them to join us or die. After they made their choice, make sure there is nothing left to take in their lands. Take the food and the money with you, and give it back only when De Plume is dead and her resistance has been destroyed. Eventually, she'll be forced to attack the lands where farmers live, and I am told that few of the nobles have those. Once you've reached that point, catching her should be easy - there will be less ground to defend, and the civilians will inform you of her position whenever she attacks them."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: February 19, 2012, 02:48:22 pm »

Retcyl arrived at Polca and immediately made for William. After some searching, he eventually found a guard of his who directed him to the Elv himself.

"What is it that you wanted, William?"

"To ask you a few questions about your message to the Old Lord Of Polca."

William's guards lock the door and cover the entrance to the study.

William stood up and drew Zerim, laying it on the desk in front of him. He leaned forward, but was still far enough away to evade an attack if the Lizard did something.
"I do hope you'll oblige my curiosity...?"

The Crimson Guards get a count of how many men there are in the camp and the strength of them. One man heads out to ask them a few questions.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: February 19, 2012, 03:10:13 pm »

Terryn takes the job for .2d
He spends 3d setting up a Service Industry, untaxed due to his deal with Nikephoros, around the basis of body guards, bouncers, and small-time mercenary work.(1)

[spoiler=Terryn's Holdings]Ducats: 1.40
Regiments: Thornbred Knights (regular infantry)
Business: Service "Mercenary" Size 1 (--Potentially)[/spoiler

(1)Discussed with CG in the IRC, basis of service already OK'd
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: February 20, 2012, 03:20:22 am »

"Oh that little thing, why yes...Ever suspicious "Lord William?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: February 20, 2012, 11:33:37 am »

"Was there anything in that letter that told the Old Lord to publicly announce that Polca was to become a part of the Hatcur Empire? Tell the truth now..."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: February 20, 2012, 01:52:47 pm »

Meeting with Kathos...

"Sounds fine. as soon as you are able to spare the money, I will begin the recruitment. And the idea is not half bad. Starving her will suely wor to my advantage.
I think that will be all for now."

-----------------------------------------------
Meeting with Pasha...

"Don't worry about this. We have passed new laws to deal with this, remember? And I am willing to take a nobleman's word on what occured. Consider the case closed. If anything, turn his body over to Taloisists or whatever faith he was of for burial.

And to be honest, I'm not the best fighter around, despite the appearances. But I would be happy to train with you, for mutual benefit."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: February 20, 2012, 04:30:40 pm »

"Hmm? No, not in the letter at all; twas said before the letter was ever sent...Angered, William? Wanting to slice open my body and swipe my entrails?" Retcyl said amusingly.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: February 20, 2012, 05:33:09 pm »

William eyebrows twitched upward a fraction of an inch. He sat back in chair and steepled his fingers and stared at the Hatcur over them.
"You failed to inform me that Polca would publicly be part of the Hatcuri Empire and that I would be a puppet in it's name, my ally. If you told me before the fact, then we wouldn't be in this situation..."

"I would like to ask you a question, however, something that has bothered me for a while, it's about the empire you serve. My family line originated there, correct? Made by an Emperor or something?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:57:41 pm by filiusenox »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: February 20, 2012, 05:47:46 pm »

Meeting with Kathos...

"Sounds fine. as soon as you are able to spare the money, I will begin the recruitment. And the idea is not half bad. Starving her will suely wor to my advantage.
I think that will be all for now."

"One last thing, Nikephoros. The University's construction is over. If you find scholars in the lands of the nobles - alot barons and counts like to keep men with a very good education in their court to act as teachers for their children - bring them here. The building's complete, but we don't have anyone working inside. I'll look for people, of course, but still... I'll send the money for your forces as soon as possible."

Things to do with personnal money:
Upgrade the wine business to Size 2
Produce an additionnal wine good this season
Send two ducats to Nikephoros

Take one ducat from the treasury and give it to Nikephoros
Spread the word in the city: Ligoria is looking for scholars who would accept to work in the university

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: February 20, 2012, 06:19:27 pm »

"Puppet? The Empire barely has any influence here, the Empire would at best only request tribute and trade, and probably rarely at that...As for your family, yes the Vadud line came from Hatcur, as we all do when one goes far enough...Yes, 'forged by the Emperor, in holy flame and blood as some say."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: February 20, 2012, 06:53:29 pm »

William was smiling in a strange way.

"So we were created by the Hatcur, hmm..."

William ripped a key hanging from his neck and leaned down and opened a drawer on his new desk. He pulled a grey, leather bound book from it, and sat it on the desk. Written in a spidery script were the words, "The Purge." and under it in the same handwriting, "Kain". He flipped it open to a bookmarked page, all the while keeping an eye on the Hatcur.

"This book tells of my family's past. It has several rather well drawn family trees in it as well, but thats not the point. It details something called the Purge, which began occurring six or seven centuries ago or later, but that's as far as Kain could find, and is still occurring to this day."

"The Purge is a horrible affliction found within the Vadud family, it occurs soon after the thirtieth or thirty-fifth birthday, although cases have been coming sooner and sooner. The symptoms are and, here I'm quoting 'continually coughing up blood, debilitating pains throughout the body, wasting away of muscle, fat and bone, and utter depression, which if the Lad or Lass wasn't strong in mind or so weak in body that they would happily plunge a dagger through their heart. The symptoms last one year'.

I want to know why the Emperor thought it prudent to include this if he made my family, as well as the madness- sadism, bloodlust, uncontrollable rages- that eventually consumes all of us. "

William reads through the info he was given by Pasha concerning Kothitas.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:30:46 pm by filiusenox »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: February 20, 2012, 07:42:51 pm »

Retcyl shrugged. "I wasn't alive when the Emperor walked. Some of the writings say that the Emperor wanted to make sure the Elvs could be controlled...others say the Emperor was experimenting with something never done before, indeed, never again. Perhaps he made mistakes, perhaps he was a fool, maybe he didn't know. I sure don't. "

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: February 20, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »

Williams hand wrapped around the hilt of Zerim.

"Hmm...yes. Well The Hatcuri Empire will reap what they sowed, all those years ago. Creating something like my family and then letting them get off the leash was a bad mistake on their part, and they are going to pay for it. But thank you for being somewhat honest with me, however."

"But for now...your under arrest for crimes against Polca. You will have a fair trial as well as retaining the right to remain silent and to not have to testify against yourself. Will you come quietly?"
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 220