Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 218486 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)
« Reply #3060 on: February 20, 2012, 09:13:24 pm »

Retcyl sighed. "What use is a trial in a place where hatcuri are not accepted? Whats the point if the final sentence is but death? No, I won't...little point in doing so...One question though; why would you think we would want to 'release' you into the cold, heartless world? No one did, your people rebelled and left. Fair enough; you were a step higher than slaves, but don't blame a whole people for the sins of those who died generations ago."

After a moment of thought Retcyl laughed and said, "you still owe me some favours William. I guess they shall go unfulfilled." He laughed yet again.

If William attacks (or his guards) use the Bond to try and make him disarm himself and his guards. If that doesn't work, withdraw dagger from under tail stab the closest guard in the neck.

((Well, I was becoming inactive anyway.))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:26:18 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:00 pm »

William sighed then shrugged.
"You will have a fair trial, I'll guarantee it, and even at it's worst, your sentence will be jail time or a work detail. At the best you'll be released a free m- Hatcur. Murdering one of my Guards or assaulting me will result in stricter punishment. But if you try to fight, you will be hurt, badly, you may even die. So surrender."

One of William's Guard's produced a pair of manacles.

If he tries anything or doesn't give up, attack. Fight to subdue if reasonably possible.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: February 20, 2012, 09:30:25 pm »

"...Tempting William, very tempting. Unfortunately, I cannot. Duty and all, friend...Would be so kind as to ship my body back to Hatcur and tell my men the Expedition is over when I die?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: February 20, 2012, 09:35:35 pm »

William frowned before nodding. He pulled Zerim off of the desk.
"I can do that for you, friend...'tis a shame it had to end this way."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: February 20, 2012, 09:40:18 pm »

"Thus is duty....Disarm yourself and tell your men to stop their attack."

((I seriously don't have time to do this anymore. Oh and the above is just what I say when I try to use the Bond, just FYI.))
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: February 20, 2012, 11:10:56 pm »

Loyalty. Its a curious thing.

Today, in the city of Polca loyalty was abandoned. An oath betrayed. William Vadud moved against Retcyl of Hatcur.

[5] "Thus is duty....Disarm yourself and tell your men to stop their attack."

And William, fighting it every step of the way, placed his drawn blade upon his desk and ordered his men to stand aside and let the hatcuri leave. [3] They were stunned by this turn of events, and one suspected sorcery and moved against Retcyl.
[1] Alas, he fell to an unexpected blade produced by the Hatcuri and died in agony. Seeing this turn of events, and not knowing if Retcyl had more hidden blades, your guards quickly followed their new commands and unlocked the door. William was powerless to do anything as the Bond held him tightly.

Retcyl departs from the meeting with William, secure in the knowledge that the Bond will hold William long enough for him to make his escape.
((Well thats the way the dice played it Micelus. You're free to depart back to your empire, and return at some later point.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: February 20, 2012, 11:22:24 pm »

...Godsdammit...
Weakling.
SHUT UP.

William attempts to break the Bond.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: February 21, 2012, 12:35:07 am »

...And so I write that the Expedition must be called off, for its leader, Retcyl Jementeten, is incompetent and not suited for the task.

From your servant,
Retcyl Jementeten

And with that Retcyl finished his letter. For this he would be punished and perhaps executed; but it mattered not. This Expedition was poorly manned and poorly led, a joke. It needed more aid and more loyal hatcuri, not a few hundred slaves and lay-abouts.

Retcyl sent the letter ahead, on a bird while his men began preparing the ships for sail.

"You sure about this, Ambassador?" Karafs asked sceptically.
"Absolutely...the liberals and reformers will have to wait for another day."

And so, the ships set sail, returning to their land of Hatcur, of course some stayed behind to manage the excavations and Embassy, but only enough to make sure they functioned.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: February 21, 2012, 07:07:27 pm »

Ditch the surviving Bandits, Continue onwards.
((I'll get to your trade when i do mine))
[264]
Welcome to Zema - No one here likes you.

Zema has had a long history of not taking Galam's extortion called "peacekeeping". Their currently leadership is hesitant to meet with you, but does anyway. You feel it has more to do with showing they have nothing to hide over current problems in the region than anything else - Just don't expect any sugar with your tea.

"What does the great nation of Galam want now?"

Ask the people accusing the lords to meet with Kathos in the palace

[666] ((luls))
The people show up, in numbers. It appears that there has been a lack of communication to the people since the regime changes.

Rolls saved for continued event

The Crimson Guards get a count of how many men there are in the camp and the strength of them. One man heads out to ask them a few questions.

About [1] regiment worth of Archers. As your man approaches, one of the group yells greetings to him.

"Ahoy stranger! Can we help you?"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: February 21, 2012, 07:16:22 pm »

Kathos looked at the audience room, and did a magnificient facepalm. When he spoke, silence fell on the men and women who had come.

"Alright. Let's try to keep things simple. I was told that some people were accusing me and the Lord Protector of being 'ruthless and cowardly traitors', and that these people had evidence. Those of you who have been accusing me and the Lord Protector of such things, explain what are your accusations, and present your evidences, please. The others, please return to the waiting room, and we'll deal with your problems shortly."

Send the people who are not related to the accusations of being traitors in another room. Ask the remaining people what they're accusing Kathos/Nikephoros of, and what's their evidence.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:08:29 pm by Shootandrun »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: February 21, 2012, 07:18:16 pm »

"How are you all doing today? I am a representative of Lord William Sarturi of Polca, sent to deal with...bandits around here, would you happen to know anything about that, gentlemen and if you don't know absolutely anything about that nasty business, which I would believe wholeheartedly since you look like good men, would you consider employ from Lord William?"

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: February 21, 2012, 08:53:02 pm »

"How are you all doing today? I am a representative of Lord William Sarturi of Polca, sent to deal with...bandits around here, would you happen to know anything about that, gentlemen and if you don't know absolutely anything about that nasty business, which I would believe wholeheartedly since you look like good men, would you consider employ from Lord William?"

"An interesting proposal sir, but we're not really looking for employment - we're nomads, drifters. We live off the land and only venture into town when we require trade."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: February 21, 2012, 08:55:44 pm »

Meeting with Pasha...

"Don't worry about this. We have passed new laws to deal with this, remember? And I am willing to take a nobleman's word on what occured. Consider the case closed. If anything, turn his body over to Taloisists or whatever faith he was of for burial.

And to be honest, I'm not the best fighter around, despite the appearances. But I would be happy to train with you, for mutual benefit."

Pasha nodded. "Thank you. I can see you're busy now, but maybe tomorrow we can get some practice in." He nodded and took his leave for the moment to let the Marshal continue his studies in peace.

Pasha trains Swordsmanship with Nikephoros.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: February 21, 2012, 11:44:50 pm »

"Well that's a shame. Do you happen to know anything about the bandit rumors that are being spread around these parts?"

John will see if the man is lying.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: February 22, 2012, 12:32:23 am »

Send the people who are not related to the accusations of being traitors in another room. Ask the remaining people what they're accusing Kathos/Nikephoros of, and what's their evidence.

The people comply, hesitantly. Your accusors see this as shady business - but figure they would be vindicated if they never left the room again.

They provide for your perusal a fat stack of documentation that detail the events from the month prior to the Defense of Mileth to most recently, though more vague on details, the actions on the border and the actions of the nobles against Ligoria. Said nobles are seen by those before you as justly defending their lands against the militaristic tyranny of their new leadership.

"Well that's a shame. Do you happen to know anything about the bandit rumors that are being spread around these parts?"

John will see if the man is lying.

[3] John doesn't think he's lying but figures he's not getting the full truth either.

He thinks, but shakes his head "Every once in a while we get called bandits when we get too close to some Lord's land and they think we're poaching. We haven't seen too many souls lately, but it is winter. Most winters we just find some place off the beaten path, like this, and hold out till spring for drier weather"
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 220