Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 220423 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)
« Reply #3105 on: February 26, 2012, 05:04:06 pm »

"It's good to have you lot back," Terryn stated idly as they walked along, hardly glancing to his Brothers. "I hope you're prepared for a grueling campaign. I hardly know what sort of person we're dealing with here, but they've got numbers, that's for sure."

Head to the location De Plume marked on the map, but not before having the regiment scout the location first. Never know when she'll decide to just ambush me, y'know?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: February 26, 2012, 05:04:06 pm »

Laythe stormed off, continuing onto Piata.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: February 26, 2012, 05:17:20 pm »

"Alright, let me summarize this. A man starts spreading information in inn and taverns. Nobody knows who he is or what he wants. The information he is giving is accusing the Lords of Ligoria of being traitors and cowards, but he refuses to present himself in public. No one can back his accusations with more evidence - the only thing you've got is one witness who refused to show himself in public, or even tell you his name. And you decided to take the information he gave you and use it to accuse me and Nikephoros of various crimes...

Are you truly imbeciles?"

Kathos' voice was hard. It rang across the hall, and not a single man could ignore what he was saying. He was charismatic, and convincing these men that he was right would be terribly easy.

"An unknown man starts spreading tales to ruin our reputation and presents his 'evidences' to important men without revealing his name. The only thing that his information can do is spread chaos in the city and destroy the credibility of the current rulers while making Laythe look more honorable. Knowing all of this, you decide to go ahead and accuse us of terrible crimes without even considering the possibility that someone might be trying to manipulate you? Are you kidding me? Fools!"

Kathos closed his eyes and calmed himself for a few seconds.

Convince the people making accusations that they were manipulated

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: February 27, 2012, 12:46:07 am »

Convince the people making accusations that they were manipulated

[2+1] vs [6-2] People seem to believe that parts of the reports are embellished, if not fabrications. They still firmly believe that the reports are too detailed to be completely dismissed. Prior events and rumors were what allowed you to take over, many of those werent the best accepted by the population in hindsight.

Laythe stormed off, continuing onto Piata.

[56] You make good time to Piata, former land of scholars. Your trip is uneventful, and your arrival to Piata is welcomed warmly to the point of uncomfortable.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: February 27, 2012, 06:08:23 am »

Meet with the current head of the Piatan council.

In Talama...
A unfamiliar figure approached house Alanis manor in the city steadily, unsure if they'd leave with a botched job or a successful one. Only time would tell in that respect, and only if they attempted this.

Soon, they approached the door, knocking on it then waiting...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:14:21 pm by Taricus »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: February 29, 2012, 01:16:59 pm »

The Crimson Guard sends one man down to speak with the captain, while they watch for hostile intentions.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: February 29, 2012, 01:30:09 pm »

Head to the location De Plume marked on the map, but not before having the regiment scout the location first. Never know when she'll decide to just ambush me, y'know?

[4] Of course its a trap. Or at least, it could be a trap. It looks like De Plume is willing to meet with you in good faith, as the bulk of her army is nearby whilst her and her personal guard are waiting at the marked location. Your men seem unable to get a solid feel for the number of regiments she possesses. You thusly approach. She seems to be in bad spirits.

"Ah. You're back. So do you want the job? And whats yer price?"
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:32:27 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: February 29, 2012, 02:08:49 pm »

Tala walked backed to her estate slowly, thinking about what had just transpired...they had given her a nod for establishing such a potent cover, and keeping it. She had been thanked on her work during the siege of Mileth. They had even congratulated her on her wedding-what better cover then a married Noble?

Indeed.

But, as for actual information, or orders-they had been silent. Continue observation. While the Death of Turin was tragic, they accepted it as unavoidable. And he needed to be replaced. And one of them has suggested Pasha...that was going to be an interesting conversation...

Now, Tala saw her front door. There was a man there. He knocked, and seemed to be waiting.

Surely, they wouldn't...when she wasn't expecting it...

Tala had her knife hidden in her palm, calling out to the figure in a sweet voice.

"You there, declare yourself. I am Baroness Alanis, and this is my home..."

She was smiling, but her mind was already calculating the arc of the blade as it sank into his throat...violent thoughts echored.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: February 29, 2012, 02:16:41 pm »

"I wish to speak to Tala Alanis on behalf of my employer, I assume that is you madam?"

The courier bowed after finishing that sentence, in respect of the noble he was talking to.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: February 29, 2012, 02:18:18 pm »

"Yes. I am Tala Alanis. Why don't we step inside and talk?"

He was a half inch from death. Tala was still smiling.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: February 29, 2012, 02:28:34 pm »

"Very well madam. I do not believe you know who sent me, if so that is something I can regale you once we are inside."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: February 29, 2012, 02:31:35 pm »

Tala stepped past him and opened the door. Her senses tuned...

"...Let's get on with it, hmm?"

She led him into the parlor, and began stoking a fire. It had been a long day.

"What message do you have for me?"

She knew if he was going to strike, he would do so now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: February 29, 2012, 02:33:55 pm »

If he was going to strike, now would be an extremely bad time. Pasha had almost opened the door when the man had knocked, but then Dwarmin and Taricus ninja'd the hell out of SerCon he had heard Tala speak and elected to stay quiet and watch from the shadows. Right now, he was standing a few feet behind the stranger, his knife drawn. If he made the slightest move that could be interpreted as hostile toward Tala, he was getting his hair grabbed, his head yanked back, and his throat slit savagely. Trying to assassinate Pasha himself was one thing... even thinking of harming his wife was another entirely.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: February 29, 2012, 02:35:44 pm »

The courier followed Tala in, taking a seat on one of the parlour's chairs. And thoroughly ignoring Pasha.

"I believe now would be appropriate to tell you my employer's name: Laythe Ralia. She sent me in hopes of gaining your assistance in a future plan of hers. I do believe that it will not come cheaply though..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: February 29, 2012, 02:41:09 pm »

Now, the blade really was drawn, casting a flickering light from the fireplace. Tala's voice changed. It was more...controlled. This could be a loyalty test from Nikephoros, she thought. It would be a good one.

She sat across from him, leg's crossed. Her blade stayed motionless in her right hand.

"...Oh, we like to refer to her as the The Mad Dog Queen these days.

You must be brave, to come here and say her name. Or stupid. I wonder how much she paid you to take this message to me...

You do know, she's the One who slaughtered her own people in the streets, as she hastened to escape with her looted treasury? I certainly hope she had a good excuse prepared for that."

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 220