Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 220752 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)
« Reply #3135 on: February 29, 2012, 05:29:57 pm »

"Interesting... What will you tell her? Better, what have you told her so far?

I could easily tell you that i have lots or very little soldiers. In either case she will be misled. Hell, She probably expects them to be more.
She should be expecting at least 12 regiments marching her way."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: February 29, 2012, 05:34:42 pm »

Terryn spun the dagger in his hand, quietly contemplating the response. His mind was a little muddied from the drink, and though his thoughts were still sharp they came slow.

"I have told her nothing, other than that I wish to seek revenge upon you for your Guard Captain's earlier slight." he replied after a moment's consideration. "As for your numbers? I will tell her the truth, more or less. She has spies within your city, to be certain, and she may well have them within your ranks as well. I would prefer to not provide information on the contrary to whatever they say."

He shrugged, momentarily glancing to the door. "So it's your choice, as you are the tactician. Would you rather I tell her there are slightly more, or slightly less soldiers in your employ than there truly are?"
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: February 29, 2012, 05:42:49 pm »

"Spies? In my ranks? What makes you say that? Did she tell you anything? or maybe there is some other mystery hidden here?

No matter. Tell her my true figures then. I hope that the more intelligence you provide me the quicker we will end the entire affair.
There are two things in particular I would like you to find out for me though: her most common hiding places and what nobles are on her side."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: February 29, 2012, 05:56:04 pm »

"I can do both those things," Terryn replied simply, "easily enough."

"But first, tell me...exactly how many troops do you have? I can hardly tell her if I do not know. As for the spies...well, she is getting her information from somewhere. Have you any ideas where the leak might be? I can personally put an end to it for you, if you'd like."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: February 29, 2012, 05:56:37 pm »

Tala was quiet for a moment.

"...Do tell, what is the promised price for our betrayal? Has the former Queen given you incentives?

For, she must know I would not be terribly convinced, as of now. I see long odds on Ralia's return, great risks for my family, and only a vague promise of reward after the fact."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: February 29, 2012, 06:04:48 pm »

"It will be 9 regiments marching towards her, more or less.

As for the leak... There are two nobles that have joined my cause while we were out on the campaign. So far they did not hesitate to provide me with information or resources or even soldiers.
I have little reason to doubt their word. Although if you are able to find out something from De PLume though..."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: February 29, 2012, 06:11:29 pm »

In a moment of silence, there was a knocking on the manor door. Standing on the doorstep was a broadly built man with long black hair, wearing a thick crimson coat and a steel chestplate. A cutlass hung at his side from a belt.
He itched the side of his nose and sighed, wondering why William would want him to meet with this woman. Or to even offer such a thing...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:15:20 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12:41 pm »

"Well, the vagueness would dissappear if you told me what you want, however, a base reward would be a county and duchy once Laythe has successfully taken back Ligoria. Anything else you are free to inquire about

As for finanical incentives, the queen is unable to provide such at this time due to the risk of it falling into the republic's hand, but as I said, anything you wish, we can discuss Mi'lady."

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: February 29, 2012, 06:19:28 pm »

Tala rose her voice, prepared to deliver a scathing retort.

"Honeyed words are indeed sweet to hear. While I appreciate the Queens new tactics, it's too litt.."

Tala then raised her head to the knocking at the door.

She tsk tsk'd.

"How many conspirators must show up at this time of night?

Keep your blade on him, Pasha dear. I'll deal with...whoever this is.

I'd caution you to keep quiet, messenger. I'd rather you not die so uselessly, but I'd prefer a dead 'assassin' to a live messenger from an enemy in my home. I know you understand."

She walked to the door and opened it, surveying the armored man wryly. She recognized the cloak anyway. Perfectly sanguine...she smiled for him anyway, leaning into the frame and the light-but not enough that she couldn't step behind the thick oak and steel doors, if he should prove troublesome. Old habits died hard, and she still liked to put on a show now and again.

"Awful late, isn't it?

Well, state your business, sir."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: February 29, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »

John bowed hastily and doffed his hat.

"Well, uh...Madami Alanis, my Lord William wishes me to chat with you about...a few matters? Ermm...Sorry I haven't been taught on how to speak with noble women like yourself....er...that might not have come out right..."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: February 29, 2012, 06:31:16 pm »

Terryn gave a short nod. "Very well then. I will do my best to figure out which of them is our rat. Until then, it would be prudent to assume that both are likely perpetrators." he replied, sliding the dagger into his boot and pocketing the whetstone as he rose to his feet. "Now...what might you be able to tell me about a Lord Contague? About a place known as the Dead Men's Hills?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: February 29, 2012, 06:38:19 pm »

Tala laughed beside herself. She wasn't a Noble woman at all! She was used to such baudiness-indeed, it fit her true self far more than a airy noble Princess.

She spoke warmly.

"I take no offense of the implications, sir. I am, who I choose to be...and am quite more than I seem. You need not be ashamed in my presence. No, quite the contrary, I'll appreciate your frankness. I trust William, and I therefore I trust you...John, was it? I think I've seen you before.

Tell me, what matters does he bring to me to discuss?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: February 29, 2012, 06:40:41 pm »

"Not a darn thing. I do not know the man or the place.  You are on your own there. But that should not be too difficult."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: February 29, 2012, 06:43:20 pm »

Terryn let out a deep sigh, and then made for the door back to the main room. "Very well then. I suppose that's all that needs to be said for either of us, then? I do insist that you stop to have a drink with me...the tavern keep is less likely to remember you if he thinks you're just another customer. And I've a habit of drinking with my employers, which I'd like to keep."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: February 29, 2012, 06:53:54 pm »

"Well ma'am he wanted me to ask how you and Lord Pasha were doing since the wedding, ...and to uh, to give you a marriage gift, if you would accept his offer...And even if you don't to give you one."
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:56:25 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 220