Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220]

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 218466 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)
« Reply #3285 on: March 15, 2012, 02:32:21 pm »

He took a sip and then put the cup down.

" Are we alright now? what is your decision?"

Kathos ignored the question, looking at the bottle with a nostalgic look.

"It's an excellent vintage. Back in my homeland, a decade and some years ago, I was forced to burn down the vineyard that had produced it, hoping that it would cut my enemy's retreat. It did, but these days I'm wondering if it was really worth it. This is one of the last of its kind."

While he was saying that, he had been walking towards Nikephoros, looking relaxed. His dagger was still at his belt. It was a very normal weapon, that any soldier could have owned. Next to the Thunderblade, it looked like a child's toy, but it could still perfectly cut.

Kathos Thunderblade had made his decision. He said six words in his native language, a language that all the soldiers in the room understood (except for the general). And he acted.

Smash the bottle against Nikephoros' head and stab him with the dagger. If he doesn't go down, use the Thunderblade and the guards.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: March 15, 2012, 03:40:31 pm »

Defend myself. Draw my pistol and shoot Kathos. Tell guards to stand down if he is hit. If not, fight.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: March 16, 2012, 07:33:43 am »

Smash the bottle against Nikephoros' head and stab him with the dagger. If he doesn't go down, use the Thunderblade and the guards.
Defend myself. Draw my pistol and shoot Kathos. Tell guards to stand down if he is hit. If not, fight.
(All rounds written from the Point of View of the victor of the diceroll)
Scuffle in the Palace!

[Surprise Round, First Strike! 4v(2+1), Victor: Kathos]
You approached Nikephoros. Each of you looking completely relaxed, but harsh words had been said and demanded an answer. It would appear that you could no longer trust Nikephoros to act in the capacity of Lord Protector for Ligoria.
Without batting an eye, you speak your words and slam the bottle against Nikephoros' head, trusting in your sudden attack to grant you a speedy victory. The wine splatters across both of you. Nikephoros is understandably woozy from the blow but staggers to his feet.

[Close Quarters! Battle Round 1! 1v6 Victor: Nikephoros]
[Surprise Round 2, Hidden Weapon! 2v(4-?) Victor: Nikephoros]
Your head swims from the blow, but you still manage to shove Kathos back, battered instincts protecting you from a blow that would have lead into a killing strike. You draw your handcannon but you're so damn woozy you can barely focus the shot. You take it anyways knowing that you're probably dead if you don't equalize this fight quickly.

[Unfocused Shot: 3,4,1] At the last moment something goes crucially wrong or spectacularly right. You were grabbed by one of Kathos' guards and spun around. Your weapon discharged.
A sudden tableau of silence descended upon the room. You blinked a few times to clear your eyes of the smoky discharge of your handcannon, then looked down. The shot had pierced the chest of the guard in front of you, and the man directly behind him had suffered a grievous, life threatening wound. The remainder of the guards..[FEAR! 6v1, Victor: Nikephoros] have panicked.
The guards are clamoring out the door. Seems you'll be facing Kathos unarmed, but man to man. And while you were distracted, hes drawn his sword.

[Battle Round 2. (6+2)v5(-1) Victor Kathos. -1 HP, Nikephoros]
This should be childs play. You're armed, and he is staggering. Your guards have fled but you clearly possess every advantage you need to win this fight. It is barely the work of a minute to open a freely bleeding cut on Nikephoros' arm.
[Battle Round 3. 2(+2)v5 Victor: Nikephoros. -1 HP, Kathos]
That arrogant fool. The wound you suffered helped clear your head and focus your mind on this fight. You are at a sore disadvantage, but every soldier has fought his fair share of brawls. A momentary slip of his guard is all you need to slam him with an uppercut and break his nose. It probably won't distract him, but you've at least given him something to remember you by.
[Battle Round 4. (3+2) v 5 Tie Round.]
You both circle for an opening but are unable to find one. The sounds of approaching footsteps can be heard.
[Battle Round 5. (2+2) v 3 Victor: Kathos, -1 HP Nikephoros.]
You are bleeding freely from a broken nose, your guards have panicked and scattered but the approaching footsteps affirm that you've still got the advantage. The momentary distraction of the footsteps is enough to open a deep gash across Nikephoros' upper leg.
[Battle Round 6. (3+2) v 6. Victor: Nikephoros. -1 HP Kathos]
In the back of your mind, you know that you are bleeding out. You know the signs well enough, experienced them so very often in your long career. Still you cannot let this distract you from at least winning this fight. It might be your last.
Some elegant footwork and a ruse gives you the opening to slam your fist into Kathos' midsection. On his way down his throat meets your rising knee.
[Battle Round 7. (4+2) v 5. Victor: Kathos]
The world swims in pain as you suffer a blow to both your midsection and throat. You are gasping for air and spitting up blood and Nikephoros stands over you triumphantly, clutching at his upper leg in an attempt to stem the flow of blood. But you're still armed. You think back to your very first fight, and how this exact same turn of events nearly happened. Your enemy at that time was better armed and you still came out ahead. A rising lunge, and it is all over for Nikephoros, thrust through with the Thunderblade.

[Final Moments] Nikephoros is dying. His surroundings are corpses and a large amount of blood. Some could say this is how he wanted to die. As a soldier. Fighting the enemy immediately at hand. He slumps backwards striking the floor. His last words are not recorded to any history. Save for you, reader. His last words were of regret. Regret for a home, and a love lost. And the peace he held only too briefly. Nikephoros' final word, was "Ara."
-------------------------
Kathos your guards have arrived and taken in the scene before them. They seem confused.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:35:44 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: March 16, 2012, 02:48:30 pm »

Nikephoros had fought valiantly, and he had died as a soldier. Kathos had expected no less of him. The general had nearly beat him, despite all of his advantages. The guards were back, terrorised and not sure to understand what had happened. They had never seen a firearm before - he understood their pain. For now, however, there was no time.

"The traitor... Is dead... He was plotting against me... The army must not know the truth... I don't know where their loyalty lies... Understood?"

The guards nodded. They were veterans from the Wars, and they had served with him for fifteen years. They were still loyal to him.

"He pulled his firearm... Tried to shoot me... And ordered you to stand back. You did not obey, because Adrian had suspected that he was a traitor and this man..." He pointed the corpse of the guard. "Saved me from the shot. That's the story, understood? Adrian..."

The lieutenant was next to him in a second.

"He tried to... Corrupt you... To assassinate me. You refused... You arrived too late to warn me... But you had already told your guards to disobey any order given by the marshal... Before he had made his offer, because you thought he was plotting... Against me... Understood?"

The lieutenant and his men nodded.

"Now get me... A doctor. Summon the council and the two generals, and... Tell them what "happened"... That Nike was a traitor after all... Make it clear that the people or the army must not know about this, for the nation's morale... Tell them I will explain everything in details... When... I am better..."

The Personnal guard will say that Nikephoros tried to corrupt them and assassinate Kathos, but they refused and saved the Lord Chancellor from a killing shot. They will also say that Kathos had been suspecting that Nikephoros was plotting against him, to gain total control over Ligoria.
Adrian will summon the council and the two generals, tell them that story, and tell them that the nation must not know for now, to keep the morale high. The servants should be kept in the palace until an announcement is made, to prevent any rumor from spreading.

A physician will be summoned to heal Kathos (he should also be stopped from spreading any rumors). Kathos will meet the council and generals when his health allows him to do so.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: March 18, 2012, 11:17:00 pm »

Spoiler: Vasir Trade: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taricus' Trade (click to show/hide)
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: March 18, 2012, 11:26:36 pm »

It is now Spring...
[1] Omens abound the Coast as the new year begins. Citizens are in a great deal of unrest and near-panic as the season starts with stories reaching the upper coast from the south. These stories seem to involve mass die-offs of plant and animal alike. The populace seems unaffected, so far, and many fear there is something greater at work here.

On top of these rumors, Ligoria has recently lost a leader to widely varying claims of responsibility. Some say suicide, others cold-blooded murder. The truth between the events of a seemingly normal meeting between Lord Kathos and Lord Nikephoros lies with the sole survivor - Lord Kathos Thunderblade. He has been quite mute over the account of the events to what appears to be shock.

Last but not least, the armies of the old Motavi Empire seem to be on the move. All sides are bracing for an all-out war between the three nations. Some blame Galam's withdrawal of forces from the region, the rest simply think that there has been enough tension between all sides that this would have happened no matter what.
Previous Season (Winter 416a), Next Season (doesn't exist yet!)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: March 19, 2012, 12:29:39 am »

This thread for all intents and purposes is now considered dead.

To continue with YAK II, please visit us here
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220]